Home mat and net vs indoor range

Home mat and net vs indoor range

• Option A

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Option B

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
My monster tee mat showed up yesterday. Only a little time to try it out, but pretty nice. Some cushion for the pushin compared to my old set up.

Nice! Feel should be far superior to a cheaper mat. I was reminded yesterday of that. Club was bouncing and was hitting draws off a cheap range mat, tried to readjust and started hitting everything thin.

My monster tee mat showed up yesterday. Only a little time to try it out, but pretty nice. Some cushion for the pushin compared to my old set up.

They are pretty nice! My net has been delivered. I will be setting it up when I get off work. I will post a picture of my set up so you guys can see it.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Here is what my winter practice area looks like. Will try and use it later today.
a4aje2u9.jpg

Don't pull the loose white threads! I thought I could just pull and yank it off like it's clothing. Nope, it kept pulling until a piece of the mat came off lol. Not a big chunk but I would take scissors to cut any of that loose threading fyi.

I need to set up something like this. I've been hitting off of my putting green just into the wall with foam balls. I did come up with a ghetto solution of using a rack I have for drying clothes and hanging a sheet over it. Now I have a net like target I can hit the foam balls into rather than hitting into the wall and having them bounce back at me. I'd like to get a proper net and mat so I can hit regular golf balls though. Just have had a hard time with the cost of a mat I feel would be worth it.

Here is what my winter practice area looks like. Will try and use it later today.
a4aje2u9.jpg

Looks good, now you need a sim like the optishot or something else.

I wish I had a garage to set one up in for home use.

Looks good, now you need a sim like the optishot or something else.

I wish I had a garage to set one up in for home use.

Thanks! I should get something like that. Hmmm would be faster if I wasn't going to get another seemore...

My setup is finally coming together. Please ignore the sloppy garage.
5uvu6y2y.jpg
ehyme6ap.jpg

The Vector Pro is going to be a blessing and a curse. I found my self hitting nearly 300 balls tonight since I'm the only one home. Needless to say, I'm a little tired right now. I'm already loving the data it's giving me and I am really able to see what even small changes in my swing do to the ball flight. It's giving new meaning to practicing with a purpose.
abara5er.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality. Tapatalk just doesn't seem to be handling pics well.

I had to put a bed spread under the target. First few swings the ball bounced out and rolling. Nothing to cause damage or injury. Folded a bed spread slid it under bottom of net. Problem solved. Balls hit bullseye drop and sit. Perfect. Will probably use a dozen balls. Tees work fine with mat but coming flying out across the room. Irons work nice on it. Can tell a fat shot.

I had to put a bed spread under the target. First few swings the ball bounced out and rolling. Nothing to cause damage or injury. Folded a bed spread slid it under bottom of net. Problem solved. Balls hit bullseye drop and sit. Perfect. Will probably use a dozen balls. Tees work fine with mat but coming flying out across the room. Irons work nice on it. Can tell a fat shot.

I've found the same bouncing problem. Homedepot has 5x10' rolls of green outdoor carpet for about $30. I'm thinking I might pick some up, but then it's just one more thing I'll have to store somewhere.

5uvu6y2y.jpg
ehyme6ap.jpg

The Vector Pro is going to be a blessing and a curse. I found my self hitting nearly 300 balls tonight since I'm the only one home. Needless to say, I'm a little tired right now. I'm already loving the data it's giving me and I am really able to see what even small changes in my swing do to the ball flight. It's giving new meaning to practicing with a purpose.
abara5er.jpg

Love the set up. Would love to know where you picked up that launch monitor and if its accurate at all. Thanks

Love the set up. Would love to know where you picked up that launch monitor and if its accurate at all. Thanks

FleaBay for the launch monitor. The Accusport Vector Pro and Vector X monitors have been popping up all the time. Snagged that one for only $650. Considering they run $3100 new, I'd say it was a good deal. The numbers I'm getting from it seem to be in line with what I'm used to shooting on the course or range. It seems to be real accurate when it comes to my slice that always comes in when I swing with my upper body only.

There are some sweet home set-ups in this thread that have got me thinking. Closest public range is an hour away for me but my lot borders cow pasture on two sides so we bang balls all the time into the fields. We loose quite a few but the owners don't mind. But it would be nice to have a cold weather set-up inside.

5uvu6y2y.jpg
ehyme6ap.jpg

abara5er.jpg

Your set up is awesome! I would love to have a launch monitor set up.

Your set up is awesome! I would love to have a launch monitor set up.

Thanks. I'm really enjoying it. It was worth it to not have to spent 4 hours to go to the dome. I've been taking around 20 min to set the whole thing up, which includes completely re-assembling the net, and another 20 to put everything away. It would be quicker if I had gone with the Rukket, but I really love how well built The Net Return net is. That thing will be around long after my 3 year old daughter has left for college. At least I hope it will.

Back