I was and am so tempted because I really like my TW-X with MMT 85.

Grabbed a new set for a great price and couldn’t pass them up.

have you played them at all yet? i had a great day with my irons. sure i made some bad swings, but with a halfway serviceable short game i could have saved par. when i put a decent move on these, the performance is so damn good. the workability is fantastic, and with the right golf ball i get excellent spin even on the super firm and fast greens i played today.

i want the t100S. i want the mizuno pro 223. i want the tcb. but these irons always show up and deliver fantastic performance that keeps them in the bag. famous last words, but these should and probably will stay in the bag this year as well. they're so freaking good.

have you played them at all yet? i had a great day with my irons. sure i made some bad swings, but with a halfway serviceable short game i could have saved par. when i put a decent move on these, the performance is so damn good. the workability is fantastic, and with the right golf ball i get excellent spin even on the super firm and fast greens i played today.

i want the t100S. i want the mizuno pro 223. i want the tcb. but these irons always show up and deliver fantastic performance that keeps them in the bag. famous last words, but these should and probably will stay in the bag this year as well. they're so freaking good.

I have NOT PLAYED THEM YET!!! AHHHH! I'm dying to. I was able to finally hit them outdoors and I can see the potential.....even beyond the lie angles I need to adjust, the horrendous range balls I had to hit and the cold/wind. When I married up a solid swing with a good ball.....I could totally see the potential with these.
I REALLY like their look at address and that tends to be a large battle for me. These setup SO nicely beyond the ball. There isn't a single iron in the set that urks me.

Funny.....I FEEL THE SAME WAY. To be honest, my wallet so wants these Honmas or the Hogans to stay in the bag (planning to finally trade in my T100S (2019s)), but the allure of new hotness (e.g. 223s) is hard to ignore sometimes.

Haha. We all do. I’ve narrowed my Iron quiver to only 2 sets. I’ll always have some sort of forgiving/CB iron (TR20v) and a more aspiring player set (Blueprints). I tend to alternate and try a lot of irons but the Honma’s just can’t seem to go anywhere.

Haha. We all do. I’ve narrowed my Iron quiver to only 2 sets. I’ll always have some sort of forgiving/CB iron (TR20v) and a more aspiring player set (Blueprints). I tend to alternate and try a lot of irons but the Honma’s just can’t seem to go anywhere.

to the honmas' credit, they've pretty much tamed the club ho in me. they have great bag appeal. they look great behind the ball (although i'd love just a little less offset). they feel fantastic to me. and they are one of the more workable sets i can remember owning without sacrificing some forgiveness and pop off the face. mega bonus points for a sole that for whatever reason gets through the turf perfectly for me.

about the sole, today i played a course that is crazy firm right now. the feel of the sole through the turf is just so explosive. nothing gets stuck, it just glides through beautifully.

to the honmas' credit, they've pretty much tamed the club ho in me. they have great bag appeal. they look great behind the ball (although i'd love just a little less offset). they feel fantastic to me. and they are one of the more workable sets i can remember owning without sacrificing some forgiveness and pop off the face. mega bonus points for a sole that for whatever reason gets through the turf perfectly for me.

about the sole, today i played a course that is crazy firm right now. the feel of the sole through the turf is just so explosive. nothing gets stuck, it just glides through beautifully.

You know I hadn’t really factored in the soles design/width but They have been great for me as well, even in our soft conditions down here. And the swap to the Modus120 x HS 1x has been pretty darn good.

so i finally decided the 20p isn’t for me in the 6i and found a head in good shape on the bay. it was shafted with $ taper. it’s so nuts that the 20v head just works so damn well for me. with the $ taper i was hitting some of the tightest dispersion i’ve seen in awhile and seemed to gap perfectly. ponder engaged

so i finally decided the 20p isn’t for me in the 6i and found a head in good shape on the bay. it was shafted with $ taper. it’s so nuts that the 20v head just works so damn well for me. with the $ taper i was hitting some of the tightest dispersion i’ve seen in awhile and seemed to gap perfectly. ponder engaged

What shafts are in your irons now?

modus 115S

Ah ok. $taper is prob quite a different animal. A bit heavier, stiffer profile. I enjoyed the $taper over the last few years. I’m switching gears this season though.

Ah ok. $taper is prob quite a different animal. A bit heavier, stiffer profile. I enjoyed the $taper over the last few years. I’m switching gears this season though.

i think this 6i is shafted with $ taper 125. way too much shaft for me but i’ll be damned if it didn’t work beautifully.

Good to see you finally getting rid of those p’s

My beloved Honma TR20s put up a fight today. Tried a lot of the new stuff. And the Honma’s held their own! Only edged out by the i59’s. Very strong contenders in this category for me as well where the Rogue ST pro (bent 2° week, ZX7’s, and Apex pro! Honorable mention going to Mizuno 225 and T100. The consistencies these provide our wild. On Trackman today even with the optimization they were pretty much spot on

5B5E736C-E5D2-4545-9198-F35856FCDA8A.jpegCA8F8D85-6504-48A2-899C-45211A3C9995.jpeg

i59 w Accra i125

3108CE67-2315-4CDF-A42C-C87409E5126E.jpeg

i had to hit some kinda ridiculous recovery shots with these today and hell if they didn’t absolutely perform. low hooks and fades dialed up with ease. just love these so much. some amazing irons are on the horizon thanks to the victory cup with mizuno, but i can’t deny how good these have been.

i had to hit some kinda ridiculous recovery shots with these today and hell if they didn’t absolutely perform. low hooks and fades dialed up with ease. just love these so much. some amazing irons are on the horizon thanks to the victory cup with mizuno, but i can’t deny how good these have been.
Dibs 😇

i honestly don’t see myself getting rid of them. they are that good. i hit a large bucket of 7i after work and the flight was so pure. high push draws, power fades. and such a pure feeling. i always know exactly where i hit each shot, but the performance often exceeds the quality of the strike.

the mizunos are going to get an extensive workout and i’m super pumped. but they’re stepping in maybe the biggest shoes of any iron i’ve owned.

I absolutely loved my set when I had them. Ended up moving on from them because there‘s just too much good product out. I could easily put them back in the bag and be happy. Such a pure feeling iron. Speaking to the tr20v. But I also loved the x in a 4i.

i honestly don’t see myself getting rid of them. they are that good. i hit a large bucket of 7i after work and the flight was so pure. high push draws, power fades. and such a pure feeling. i always know exactly where i hit each shot, but the performance often exceeds the quality of the strike.

the mizunos are going to get an extensive workout and i’m super pumped. but they’re stepping in maybe the biggest shoes of any iron i’ve owned.
Very high praise. I may be trying the with Accra iSeries Tour graphite shafts soon.

playing partner (random) had these in the bag... ohhhh my they are beautiful and felt amazing.

playing partner (random) had these in the bag... ohhhh my they are beautiful and felt amazing.

they’re so freaking good

Back