I think it’s almost time to put the TR20’s back in the bag. Reading this thread is getting me fired up. Gotta get ready for my round now.

I think it’s almost time to put the TR20’s back in the bag. Reading this thread is getting me fired up. Gotta get ready for my round now.

approved. make it so.

these irons were freaking 🔥🔥🔥💰💰💰🎯🎯🎯 today. just so much confidence, and making them do what i want. had a couple kick in birds off full swings, and a ton of good looks that i couldn’t convert.

i think the best swing of the day was on #18. i had a good round going (for me) and wanted a birdie look to finish strong. not a great drive but had 163 into a fresh wind. i wanted to hit a mid flight, punchy 7i. as soon as i hit it i said out loud “just like that” because it came off absolutely perfectly. finished inside 10’ but i misread the putt. either way it was an example of the confidence this setup is giving me.

ho hum, another balls out showing from these irons. gir after gir after gir (we won’t talk about the par 3s). so many birdie looks!

ho hum, another balls out showing from these irons. gir after gir after gir (we won’t talk about the par 3s). so many birdie looks!
Noice! I really like my Apex Pros but you keep these swirling around in the ponder storm in my brain.

Noice! I really like my Apex Pros but you keep these swirling around in the ponder storm in my brain.

you gotta try it and tell me what you think. i’m really not sure i’ve ever played another iron that’s given me so much control and shot making.

Did the mobile honma fitting last week and ended up pulling the trigger. Tr20v 6-pw, tr20p 5i, tr21x 4i with vizard ib 100x with steel fiber in it. Also ordered tw4 48 bent to 49 & a 54.

We did the fitting outdoors on grass. Some of the best turf interaction and feel off the face I’ve felt in a long time. Can’t wait to get these guys in!

Did the mobile honma fitting last week and ended up pulling the trigger. Tr20v 6-pw, tr20p 5i, tr21x 4i with vizard ib 100x with steel fiber in it. Also ordered tw4 48 bent to 49 & a 54.

We did the fitting outdoors on grass. Some of the best turf interaction and feel off the face I’ve felt in a long time. Can’t wait to get these guys in!

funny, my instructor said today how well the 20v get through the turf for me. just so crisp.

Just received my set last week. 6-pw tr20v, 5 tr20p, 4 tr21x with vizard 100x and 48* bent to 49.5 and a 54.

Had 1 range session and walked 9. Playing 18 tomorrow morning. Like all new clubs, I’m adjusting to the look at address and yardage gaps. But I have to say, these are some of best feeling irons I’ve played yet.

Had them bent weak and 1* up and they look fantastic! I’m also pretty impressed with the new wedges. They feel very dense on center strikes and spin like crazy!

These Honma’s are impressive!

Broke out my TR20’s for the first time this year. These may actually unseat my Apex in the bag after all. Great feel and a ball flight I’ve been looking for. I’ll be playing these for the next few rounds.

Got my TR20v 6i reshafted with MMT 105 TX. Not a flex I usually play but it's what my friend had available in the MMT line. Anyway, I hit it from 182 into some wind to pin high on my first swing with it. Regardless of shaft, the TR20v feels awesome.

i still love mine. i admit to lusting after another set, but the fact is there isn’t much the honma aren’t doing for me. i like what the 20p can do, but i don’t love the turf interaction and i REALLY don’t love the feel. the performance is impressive though. the v isn’t what i would call buttery soft, but i do enjoy the feeling a ton. they’ve managed to stay in the bag longer than most, which says a lot.

I played my third round 2 days ago with my set and they just flat out performed really well. What I’m noticing on the feel is they are not buttery soft, but more of a sharp, solid feel that you can really feel the ball compress. With endo forging or with Mizuno you get this elongated soft feeling at impact. With the Honma’s is almost like the impact feel is not as long if that makes sense?

More forgiving on the v’s than I initially thought. I hit multiple shots low and on the toe and it just missed my number but still on the green with a good look at birdie and par. Even though the lofts are more on the modern side, I was still able to hit my 6i high and land soft.

I said this before, but the new wedges are awesome as well. They feel fantastic on center strikes and spin as good as anything I’ve played. They have a very dense, solid feel. Combined with the compact look, I love them!

i'm always tempted by other irons, but nothing like a few good range sessions to remind me why i love the tr20v so much. when i make a decent swing, i'm in love with the ball flight. i hit a few today that were decidedly in the heel, and while the feedback screamed at me that i didn't hit it well, the flight was still very good and stable. toe side for me is pretty rough, though.

i think i'm out on the 20p, though. to their credit they do perform very well, albeit lower launching than i'd like. but the feel is just awful on mishits. the 20v gives feedback on mishits, but something about the techy click of the 20p on mishits is enough for me to want to replace them. i just can't do it.

i'm always tempted by other irons, but nothing like a few good range sessions to remind me why i love the tr20v so much. when i make a decent swing, i'm in love with the ball flight. i hit a few today that were decidedly in the heel, and while the feedback screamed at me that i didn't hit it well, the flight was still very good and stable. toe side for me is pretty rough, though.

i think i'm out on the 20p, though. to their credit they do perform very well, albeit lower launching than i'd like. but the feel is just awful on mishits. the 20v gives feedback on mishits, but something about the techy click of the 20p on mishits is enough for me to want to replace them. i just can't do it.

I only have the p in the 5i, then go into the tr21x in the 4i with a vizard 100x shaft. The p does not bother me as much because I only have it in 1 iron. It’s a performer though! As is the tr21x. The x looks fantastic and is super hot off the face.

I’m always tempted by other sets as well. Every time I come back and hit the Honma’s, they just set themselves apart in the feel dept.

Snagged a set of TR20v’s with KBS Tour 130x and put them immediately in the bag. Had a lesson this week and my swing coach knows my “ho-ing” tendencies. After swinging these through the session he told me to keep these in the bag for some time. Lol. Went through some swing progression between short and long irons and when we got to hitting the 5i…we’ll I have never hit a 5i higher or more consistent in quite some time. I attribute that in part to the shaft, as I have always favored the Tour 130x but never really stick with it. Debating the TR21x in that 4i spot. I want more height in that spot. I use a 4i ALOT and debating wether it would help me out there. At address the TR20V’s checks every single box.

Snagged a set of TR20v’s with KBS Tour 130x and put them immediately in the bag. Had a lesson this week and my swing coach knows my “ho-ing” tendencies. After swinging these through the session he told me to keep these in the bag for some time. Lol. Went through some swing progression between short and long irons and when we got to hitting the 5i…we’ll I have never hit a 5i higher or more consistent in quite some time. I attribute that in part to the shaft, as I have always favored the Tour 130x but never really stick with it. Debating the TR21x in that 4i spot. I want more height in that spot. I use a 4i ALOT and debating wether it would help me out there. At address the TR20V’s checks every single box.

my man!!!!! they’re freaking great aren’t they?!

my man!!!!! they’re freaking great aren’t they?!

They are really good. Going to get them on the monitor this week to dial in loft and spin #’s, but loving what I am seeing. 5i was 200ish which is exactly where I need to be but want to get exact numbers here. I’m curious though that you mentioned the P’s launched lower for you? I put them down side by side and there really wasn’t a huge difference between the P and V. More meet off in the toe and a wider sole near the toe as well. But not talking anything drastic. I think the combo play would be the TR21x in the long irons.

They are really good. Going to get them on the monitor this week to dial in loft and spin #’s, but loving what I am seeing. 5i was 200ish which is exactly where I need to be but want to get exact numbers here. I’m curious though that you mentioned the P’s launched lower for you? I put them down side by side and there really wasn’t a huge difference between the P and V. More meet off in the toe and a wider sole near the toe as well. But not talking anything drastic. I think the combo play would be the TR21x in the long irons.

i agree it’s not a massive difference, but enough to be noticeable and the feel as well as turf interaction is where i’m just not in love. would have rather have v all the way through.

i think the p are much lower for me. could just be spin more than launch, though.

I have the tr21x 4i and it’s fantastic! If you are thinking about it I say go for it. I love hitting 4i, especially this one. Really easy to launch and looks great! I have it with the vizard 100x.

AAA1AA95-922C-4B9F-83C4-067F6C112D7A.jpeg917477A9-30B2-4496-9221-4ACFFD1C110B.jpeg08AEBC34-574E-48F0-AD71-0491969E5EB6.jpeg

Got my first full round with these in the bag. Loved everything I saw. Used them for a few llessons the past two weeks but actually got them on the course. feel so darn good! Paired with tge KBS Tours I’m getting a nice towering ball flight that just stops.l I love the added height in my irons. Maiden voyage wa a Huge success

View attachment trim.A998676E-0F09-4E68-AECD-A3A7480E732A.MOV

Put these in the bag on Monday for my round with a few THP'ers somewhere north of miami 🤫

These are really good. Im throughly impressed with the ball flight and performance I am seeing. And although I love I am getting from the KBS Tour 130x, I didnt love how sore I was afterwards. I now remember why i don't stick with heavy shafts for too long. Its been a while since I ventured back into the heavy weight shaft. My SS and tempo do call for it but man I miss graphite. Thinking a shaft change may be in my future again but don't know where to go. Maybe TGI 110? Recoil 110? MMT 105tx? aahhh...anyways, these are staying in the bag for now

Back