i put my tr20v back in the bag for 9 holes with my instructor. while he showed me that my swing has regressed, the few decent passes i made at the ball with these clubs produced very good results. i do have another set i'm trying to make work, but the honma tr20v made a VERY strong case that it deserves to stay in the bag.

i put my tr20v back in the bag for 9 holes with my instructor. while he showed me that my swing has regressed, the few decent passes i made at the ball with these clubs produced very good results. i do have another set i'm trying to make work, but the honma tr20v made a VERY strong case that it deserves to stay in the bag.

I was trying to catch up on you thoughts in the T-100's thread

So got these days n the bay today to get some baselines and the hen swapped it n the Steelfiber 115fc F4 in there. These really came to life. My swing path and delivery was much better with the KBS and produce straighter shots with the Tour 130x. But with the lighter weight Steelfibers saw an uptick in SS resulting in faster ball speeds. Also liked the increase Apex height. Still going to do some more testing…

KBS Tour 130x
7D7E1DC5-8E74-4B80-BC7D-3B21C0DC34FF.jpeg

SteelFiber 115cw F4
B8B881E1-4CDB-4FA4-A08D-4A0135D5F342.jpeg

So got these days n the bay today to get some baselines and the hen swapped it n the Steelfiber 115fc F4 in there. These really came to life. My swing path and delivery was much better with the KBS and produce straighter shots with the Tour 130x. But with the lighter weight Steelfibers saw an uptick in SS resulting in faster ball speeds. Also liked the increase Apex height. Still going to do some more testing…

KBS Tour 130x
View attachment 9044791

SteelFiber 115cw F4
View attachment 9044792

wow that’s a big jump in speed to the sf. and nice spin too.

Yeah, that's a huge jump in swing and ball speed @X.Man . How's the consistency with the steel fiber?

Yeah, that's a huge jump in swing and ball speed @X.Man . How's the consistency with the steel fiber?

yeah the ball speed and clubhead speed definitely jumped. I was hitting straighter shots with less curvature with the KBS. But because of the lower spin when I did Pull one (typical miss) the spin would drop significantly and I was hitting 200yrd 7 iron, not ideal. The steelfibers had more curvature in the shot but my pulls wouldn’t venture too far left as it would retain better spin. Not sure if the Steelfiber 115fc in the xstiff are worth a shot as the stiffs felt plenty fine but I may give it a go. As well as a few other options.

With all that said. We wanted to try a slightly higher spinning head and put the Steelfibers in a 620CB and that was really really good as well.

Ok went back in with trackman outdoors today. Went through my entire bag and will be posting on other threads on what I found… but in regards to irons…the TR20v’s are staying in the bag. We tried a bunch of other heads and shaft setups and the only other iron that was close were the new T100-S and the Apex Pro. But the TR20v just produced alot of consistency and so we opted to drop weight down from the Tour 130x and settled on Modus 120TX with the TR20v head. Below is a screen shot from the fitting. In short, these TR20v’s can hang with anything out there.

CE5BBF41-DDE8-43AF-A489-4784A8442519.jpeg

Ok went back in with trackman outdoors today. Went through my entire bag and will be posting on other threads on what I found… but in regards to irons…the TR20v’s are staying in the bag. We tried a bunch of other heads and shaft setups and the only other iron that was close were the new T100-S and the Apex Pro. But the TR20v just produced alot of consistency and so we opted to drop weight down from the Tour 130x and settled on Modus 120TX with the TR20v head. Below is a screen shot from the fitting. In short, these TR20v’s can hang with anything out there.

View attachment 9049027

is yours a combo set or 20v all the way?

anyone know how heavy the tr20v heads are? and how heavy the tr20p heads are? thanks

anyone know how heavy the tr20v heads are? and how heavy the tr20p heads are? thanks

Ill know soon as i'm re-shafting the TR20v's. Ill weigh each head next week

Ill know soon as i'm re-shafting the TR20v's. Ill weigh each head next week

thanks. in my fit last week the fitter said the 20p head was too heavy for my swing, causing the shaft to droop and introducing the toe. it made total sense, because i have a nice centered impact pattern on the 20v, but the 20p (5i and 6i) have mostly toe-side wear on the face. that got me curious about the actual head weights of the 20v and the 20p.

thanks. in my fit last week the fitter said the 20p head was too heavy for my swing, causing the shaft to droop and introducing the toe. it made total sense, because i have a nice centered impact pattern on the 20v, but the 20p (5i and 6i) have mostly toe-side wear on the face. that got me curious about the actual head weights of the 20v and the 20p.
I don't know about the P, and can't find my numbers on my 20V anywhere, but Honma heads from that line are usually nice and weighty. Part of what's great about them imo. Always depends a little on the head sorting and initial build though. @X.Man will hook you up when he takes his apart, but I just checked my 7i testing head

20211216_162909.jpg

and you can add and subtract from there pretty well on the V. They're pretty consistent. And yeah, not lightweights.

I don't know about the P, and can't find my numbers on my 20V anywhere, but Honma heads from that line are usually nice and weighty. Part of what's great about them imo. Always depends a little on the head sorting and initial build though. @X.Man will hook you up when he takes his apart, but I just checked my 7i testing head

View attachment 9053367

and you can add and subtract from there pretty well on the V. They're pretty consistent. And yeah, not lightweights.

thanks bud!

still wondering if anyone has the p head weight. talking to my guy yesterday he said the p and v don’t weight significantly different. i can say for sure i do not swing the 20p nearly as well as the 20v. he made some lie angle adjustments and wants me to report back. i’m probably just going to buy a 20v 5i and 6i just to try them out and see if it’s any better.

still wondering if anyone has the p head weight. talking to my guy yesterday he said the p and v don’t weight significantly different. i can say for sure i do not swing the 20p nearly as well as the 20v. he made some lie angle adjustments and wants me to report back. i’m probably just going to buy a 20v 5i and 6i just to try them out and see if it’s any better.

i should have these for you this week. Got cought up with the Holliday but will build the set by the end of the week

i should have these for you this week. Got cought up with the Holliday but will build the set by the end of the week

your set is all 20v, correct? i'm mostly curious about the unshafted headweight of the 20p vs 20v.

your set is all 20v, correct? i'm mostly curious about the unshafted headweight of the 20p vs 20v.

Correct. All TR20V’s

Head weights of TR20V @McLovin

4- 250g
5- 255g
6- 263.6
7-270.2
8- 277.8
9- 284.5
PW- 290.2

Irons are built and ready to go. Went with Modus 120x Hard stepped.

88C90F46-6729-48F9-84CC-18D84B82D529.jpeg8C883D93-4598-48AA-8ED2-4917B9A23CEE.jpeg

Last edited:
i hope you love them. i’m so happy with my set.

You know me…I try ALOT…and these Hold their own against many that I’ve tried. enough to not go anywhere!

First time hit of my newly built TR20v irons.

Really impressed. Nice feels..

64CF1500-54FC-4858-BDD5-C7D5B5470D8D.jpeg

Back