Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

A few people at work have the United card as well and a ton have the AA which will be less valuable here now that cleveland isn't a AA hub anymore.

How many flights does the 30k get ya?

Cleveland was a UA hub not AA.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

I really need to get an airline reward card. 30k is a good bonus and I am pretty sure united flys out of FWA. Might have to check that out.

I really need to get an airline reward card. 30k is a good bonus and I am pretty sure united flys out of FWA. Might have to check that out.

YOu check out the SW card? Can usually get 3-4 flights out of the bonus they were offering

YOu check out the SW card? Can usually get 3-4 flights out of the bonus they were offering

Last I checked, didnt the bonus change to 2 free flights?

Last I checked, didnt the bonus change to 2 free flights?

Probably right, Im not current on any of the offerings out there as I hadnt been looking much

Just grabbed the United card.
30k reward points and it flys from our two main airports here.
Also still find their points quite valuable.

Debating going after AA too, but only because I have been with them awhile, used to have the card and they have a really good red eye back from CA that I take frequently. Not sure yet though.

I have the United Card as a holdover from Continental. I may not like the airline (imo united has ruined what made Continental great) but I am in a United hub and the card has good perks. We paid for everything for our wedding on it and got the extra bonus then just paid the card off as we went. Miles are generally easy to redeem also which is good.

Probably right, Im not current on any of the offerings out there as I hadnt been looking much

Looks like its 50k now and they say "for 2 free roundtrip flights".
United wont get you that much, but does have some solid things to go along with it. Plus I find that they are cheaper overall for the flights I use, I can pick my own seat and also use points for upgrades.

Both solid options for cards, I just am not a huge fan of flying SW right now, despite liking the company quite a bit.

I have the United Card as a holdover from Continental. I may not like the airline (imo united has ruined what made Continental great) but I am in a United hub and the card has good perks. We paid for everything for our wedding on it and got the extra bonus then just paid the card off as we went. Miles are generally easy to redeem also which is good.

This was a big selling point to me. The ease of redemption was huge.

A few people at work have the United card as well and a ton have the AA which will be less valuable here now that cleveland isn't a AA hub anymore.

How many flights does the 30k get ya?

Depending on length and how far in advance you book, you could get 1-1.5 flight out that.

We did. But the SW hubs are all 2+ hours from us. And with how forgetful my wife and I are, I would be #Zone3ForLife

Looks like its 50k now and they say "for 2 free roundtrip flights".
United wont get you that much, but does have some solid things to go along with it. Plus I find that they are cheaper overall for the flights I use, I can pick my own seat and also use points for upgrades.

Both solid options for cards, I just am not a huge fan of flying SW right now, despite liking the company quite a bit.

Yeah 50K can be stretched to at least 3 flights, unless you wait last minute like me and pay 20K for a 13K ticket lol.

The card has served its purpose, but seeing Im not getting all of these great low fares that they used to tout I dont think it will be a long term solution

This was a big selling point to me. The ease of redemption was huge.

And they always have mileage purchase bonus weeks if you need a few more. In the last two years we have been able to book round trip Newark to London and one way to London with ease.

I still think AA is the strongest reward program out there. Although I fear when the two rewards combine finally (US Air/AA) a devalue happens, but then again, they are all devaluing every year it seems. Delta is solid, but only because I am a big Amex fan and the companion pass. Without those things, the program is rough after latest devalue. United is still pretty strong, but only if flights are around you.

It was a decider for us. Comparing Hyatt Place to Hampton, Fairfield and Aloft and many Sheratons, it was just not even close.
Then add in their redemption values and earning and it was a no brainer. Plus 2 free nights with card can be used at Park Hyatt which is special.

I am a Hyatt member but stay there all that often. I used to be Hilton Gold for a few years but lost it since I don't travel all that often for work anymore. For work trips I can usually get Embassy Suites for per diem but I may have to start looking at Hyatt brands. i have definitely been more than satisfied the few times I have stayed with them.

I still think AA is the strongest reward program out there. Although I fear when the two rewards combine finally (US Air/AA) a devalue happens, but then again, they are all devaluing every year it seems. Delta is solid, but only because I am a big Amex fan and the companion pass. Without those things, the program is rough after latest devalue. United is still pretty strong, but only if flights are around you.

Yeah I was a huge Delta Amex guy til I moved away from the Cincy hub and til they did away with the $99 companion ticket option at the Gold Level and force you to pay the $195 annual fee at the Platinum level for a free one. Not bad if you know you are going somewhere with a "companion", oh and their blackout dates and rules using the ticket BLOW

Yeah I was a huge Delta Amex guy til I moved away from the Cincy hub and til they did away with the $99 companion ticket option at the Gold Level and force you to pay the $195 annual fee at the Platinum level for a free one. Not bad if you know you are going somewhere with a "companion", oh and their blackout dates and rules using the ticket BLOW

That is what killed me. Their blackout dates are awful. It is the main reason I went United. I also like Chase, who is behind it. The annual bonus miles for spends and free certs to United Club are not bad small perks either.

That is what killed me. Their blackout dates are awful. It is the main reason I went United. I also like Chase, who is behind it. The annual bonus miles for spends and free certs to United Club are not bad small perks either.

Yeah I swear the first year I had to eat the ticket because it wouldnt work with our trip and then the 2nd year I had to pay a ton for my part of the flight cause so many of the cheaper options to use the companion ticket were "blacked out"...stupid Delta

I think I am going to AA or united as I believe FWA is a hub for both. I think I will do my research and wait until after we get a new house though. Don't want to take to many hits on my credit in such a short amount of time.

I'm a fan of AA. Of course I might be biased.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Just grabbed the United card.
30k reward points and it flys from our two main airports here.
Also still find their points quite valuable.

Debating going after AA too, but only because I have been with them awhile, used to have the card and they have a really good red eye back from CA that I take frequently. Not sure yet though.

Went ahead and grabbed the AA card as well. Figure if I am going to get the pull, might as well do both in one day before the minor hit and be set for the year.

I swear the more I use Delta (2 trips in the next 10 days), the more I find their points useless. I have yet to be able to upgrade with them. Yet if I want to purchase the full fare, the seats are available. Why offer upgrades if you wont let travelers ever do so. Just say it up front. "Use your points whenever possible, because we have so many restrictions, they are borderline worthless"

I swear the more I use Delta (2 trips in the next 10 days), the more I find their points useless. I have yet to be able to upgrade with them. Yet if I want to purchase the full fare, the seats are available. Why offer upgrades if you wont let travelers ever do so. Just say it up front. "Use your points whenever possible, because we have so many restrictions, they are borderline worthless"

They all have limited inventory available for points, but I pretty much agree. I can usually get Economy Comfort, though.

They all have limited inventory available for points, but I pretty much agree. I can usually get Economy Comfort, though.

With miles?

Back