Houston Area THP group

Anyone who has played both Hermann Park and Memorial Park? How would you rate each of them? Any feedback would be great.

Anyone who has played both Hermann Park and Memorial Park? How would you rate each of them? Any feedback would be great.

Hermann is shorter, both are good tracks. I like memorial better though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like/prefer Memorial to Hermann. Last time I was at Hermann there were too many close calls getting hit by balls and not one "fore". Plus Memorial is taken care of better and is usually in good shape

Memorial is in pretty good shape right now. Haven't played Hermann in a while.

Memorial is in pretty good shape right now. Haven't played Hermann in a while.

I would play there more if tee times weren't like an act of congress to get

Memorial is hands down the best muni in Houston but there lotto system for tee times is a pain. Anyone want to get out and play Riverbend in Sugarland, I try to get out Thursday after 3PM. For the next few months they are running $25+cart fee on Thursdays.

Do the Houston guys even golf anymore?

You'll have capt.dru down there after the first of the year. Maybe he'll golf with you. You just need to get permission from his wife.
Seems everyone lives got busy this past year. I entirety can relate to the group. I've pretty much been away from the DFW thread all year.

I play at least 2 times a week, sometimes more...hit me up anytime you want to play...I'm in Sienna Plantation now.

Work & my Two girls are dominating my time so if I play it's on my Friday off and usually at Hearthstone CC. My weekends are full, but can get away at times.

I think we have enough guys that if we plan something out the majority of us can make it work. I know Jank was busy with work, but could get out with notice.

Work & my Two girls are dominating my time so if I play it's on my Friday off and usually at Hearthstone CC. My weekends are full, but can get away at times.

I think we have enough guys that if we plan something out the majority of us can make it work. I know Jank was busy with work, but could get out with notice.

Played Hearthstone CC last week, it was ho hum. How you do at Riverbend that day I saw you?

GpyS1lJXJYupG_zpsripabddk.gif

p.s. I hate this avatar

Played Hearthstone CC last week, it was ho hum. How you do at Riverbend that day I saw you?

Hearthstone has some fun holes, but it's pretty much in front of you. I think the Jackrabbit nine is the harder 9.

I think I limped in with an 87? Can't remember, but do remember my back 9 was falling apart quickly and had to scramble to save it

If anybody wants to get out a play around the holidays just give me a shout

I am off Starting Friday Dec 16 through Tuesday January 3rd!

If anybody wants to get out a play around the holidays just give me a shout

I am off Starting Friday Dec 16 through Tuesday January 3rd!

Definitely. I'm off after the 22nd so we can get out for sure. Maybe even get Jank to join us

Lucky guys with your vacation time! I might have a day, or two, to burn, so maybe I can get out. Moved back up to Spring to cut the commute in half, but I'm still good to drive anywhere.

Definitely. I'm off after the 22nd so we can get out for sure. Maybe even get Jank to join us

Lucky guys with your vacation time! I might have a day, or two, to burn, so maybe I can get out. Moved back up to Spring to cut the commute in half, but I'm still good to drive anywhere.

We definitely need to get out a play....you guys have my cell just shoot me a text

Anyone up near Spring? I travel to play usually, Conroe, Humble, way out to Huffman, Porter, Kingwood. My closest course is Wind Rose, then Cypresswood. Play Oakhurst in Kingwood a lot. Public golf in Houston is cheap.

Anyone up near Spring? I travel to play usually, Conroe, Humble, way out to Huffman, Porter, Kingwood. My closest course is Wind Rose, then Cypresswood. Play Oakhurst in Kingwood a lot. Public golf in Houston is cheap.

Yep! I'm near 45 in between 2920 and Spring Stuebner, but I work up in Conroe. I guess my closest course is Cypresswood.

Cypresswood and oakhurst are two of my regular spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone near Houston ever volunteer for the SHO? It opens Friday 1/13 for volunteers and I plan to go. Any insight into the what the best jobs are?

Anyone near Houston ever volunteer for the SHO? It opens Friday 1/13 for volunteers and I plan to go. Any insight into the what the best jobs are?

Typically if you can get a position as a Marshall or with tickets that's the best. I've never volunteered, but I've heard they treat their volunteers well and it's a cool experience.

Signed up to work the tourney. Had to buy a shirt and jacket and hat. Bought optional footjoys at a big discount and a straw hat.
Get back 4 Good-Any-Day Grounds tickets. Plus a volunteer tent with food etc.
I signed up to work Wed thru Sun on the Flying Squad which will have varied tasks which could include, but are not limited to, assisting with transition of players,
gallery control, course evacuation, and spectator and cart traffic control, etc.
All the coolest jobs required a pass code which I didn't have access to.

2017 THP Regional Rivalry

Hello Houston area THPers!

Anyone interested winning a spot to one of the Byron Nelson Pro-Am events? (Tuesday is the celebrity Pro-Am and Wednesday is the 'regular' Pro-Am where you tee it up with a PGA tour player.)

One of my friends is a member of the tournament's organizing committee (Salesmanship Club Charitable Golf of Dallas). That groups hold an auction which raises funds for the tournament and also for the Momentous Institute, a charitable organization which helps children who have behavioral issues.

Raffle tickets are $300 a pop. They expect to sell 200 tickets.

One ticket buys you a chance at several prizes: the regular Pro-Am (one winner), the Celebrity Pro-Am (three winners; I understand Pudge Rodriguez, Too Tall Jones are playing, among others) and several 'exclusive venues' (I assume this means golf courses).

If anyone is interested, please PM me. I will send my friend's contact info and you can work out making payment, etc.

Back