Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 55 66.3%

• Total voters

greg19

Reaction score
Handicap
Growing!
Seeing as we are have a discussion about the female "cartenders" out there on the course how do you guys feel about coming off the 18th green and/or returning your cart and having someone come up with rag in hand ready to wipe down/clean your clubs? Yay or Nay and why?

The only place that has ever happened to me is Pebble Beach. They cleaned my clubs and shoes. I’ll be honest, I didn’t like it.

Nope. Whilst it may not be popular opinion. Look after your own stuff and keep it clean. There's a certain pride to be had in cleaning down your own clubs and making them nice and shiny for the next time out. Besides, who isn't wiping the clubs off between shots anyway? (genuinely curious as to why someone would not be doing this and having a pretty clean set of clubs at the end of a round still).

Not something that is really necessary. I'm going to clean them myself and usually go drop off at my car right after.

If I am grabbing a beer after when I am playing a nice round it is a nice gesture and I am not opposed to it.

Not sure what this has to do with the other thread but I'll play along. I don't mind it, some times I'll let them do it, sometimes I won't. The nice thing about is next time I go to play my clubs are already clean.

They used to do that I the private club I worked at. Complimentary just means I’m expected to tip the person whether I wanted the service or not.

Yay. It is a nice service at the end of a round, and it is worth the couple of bucks I tip them to do so.

Just like i really don't care for driving up to a tournament, local fundraiser or pro am and having them try to open the back of my vehicle and "Get me Clubs" for me, Thank you no, I will drive my clubs to the car or carry them.

Generally , I like to get my clubs out and make sure i have a couple of gloves, at least 2 sleeves of ball, towel and such and I do that when i get my clubs out of the car. Now i will say, when i played the same course most of the time as a member, i was fine with leaving my clubs there and just calling up to have them put on a cart for when i arrived. I had all those things in my locker.

Nope. Not necessary.

I don't make near enough money, am not that full of myself nor high class enough to have that treatment. I take care of don't take care of my own equipment.

I know it's just "the way it is" but it drives me crazy when I watch a pro just lay there putter on or beside their bag as they walk off the green. I dunno I know the caddy has a job and all but little things like that seem stupid to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure what this has to do with the other thread but I'll play along. I don't mind it, some times I'll let them do it, sometimes I won't. The nice thing about is next time I go to play my clubs are already clean.

Just talking about the different services offered at a golf club, nothing more.

I played at a friend's parents' club in Kansas City, and the guys were down at the 18th green to clean our clubs while we were on the green, and they also had logo golf balls for us as souvenirs. I thought it was classy to get that for free on top of it.

Most of the courses I played back in FL had this. Wipe down the clubs, etc.
It was complimentary, but always tip for a service like this. These people work hard for that money.

There have been many a time where this service was offered to me and my response is...no thanks they don't deserve it :ROFLMAO: Like it was some sort of punishment haha

necessary? No....

Nice to have there and i dont mind letting the kids there do it for a couple bucks. The only time it gets awkward is when its someone whos older than me cleaning my clubs. Thats a strange feeling unless they are a caddy

Most of the courses I played back in FL had this. Wipe down the clubs, etc.
It was complimentary, but always tip for a service like this. These people work hard for that money.
I did an internship as outside services supervisor at a course with 2 courses with club storage and we would have 200+ bags to clean after double shotguns. Your hands get very tired after that many bags! Any tip was greatly appreciated!

Not necessary but I won't tell them not to. They aren't scrubbing them like I do, they are just taking off any big loose dirt.

While I would decline 9/10 times, I wouldn't be totally opposed that 10th time depending on how hurried I am...

I've always felt weirded out by this. Mainly because it's not a common occurrence at the courses I play. If I play a higher end course that offers this I will tip a couple bucks but it always seems like how many services am I suppose to tip on? The guy putting the bag on the cart? The guy taking it off after the round? The guy wiping down the clubs, etc etc. I guess I play to many muni's.

1607109338941.png

I like having the option. I’ve never had any issues and the folks typically do good work.

Generally nay. It’s often a bit awkward and I clean my own clubs after each round. But when I’m traveling, for a guys trip for example, I’ll gladly accept the service and tip them for it.

Back