How bad does it get? (Covid-19)

Going to the grocery store right now reminds me of when the country was beginning to arm itself and no ammo was found anywhere.

Just a tip if anybody is running low on TP and can not find any. A lot is small convenience stores have a stock of TP. Most people never think to look there so you might find some if desperate. It won’t be anything great usually but better then nothing. I thought about it earlier as I was walking in a store for a snack and sure enough their small shelf was packed full.
I tried that, everyone small convenience store and dollar store cleared out. This is crazy, no meats or canned goods in grocery stores.

I’m out grocery shopping and the Harris Teeter is almost out of produce. This was a shock

I’m no @mjkladis but if worst comes to worst I guess I could stomach roadkill for fresh meat! :ROFLMAO:

Nope nevermind. I lied. It’s all yours Cletus!

I’m no @mjkladis but if worst comes to worst I guess I could stomach roadkill for fresh meat! :ROFLMAO:

Nope nevermind. I lied. It’s all yours Cletus!

Just depends on how fresh the roadkill is before I try it! ;)
I'm a fancy redneck. LOL!

Work in healthcare champ. I get it. But if it’s a flu overwhelming hospitals is not necessary and a scare tactic that basics pushes the herd in a direction. We r first responders. We will be strained first and foremost and my statement stands especially being in healthcare.
We r evaluating the actual strain not just some msm saturation.

Well, they are attempting to keep people out of the hospitals. People are coming up with common cold symptoms and are told to go home to save the beds.

BUT we have a lot of people over 60, and if they get hit with this, their immune systems are not as strong, so they go into hospitals, and what I said takes place.

We do not have sufficient respirators to care for the really ill - this flu goes into your lungs. In the USA, the news says we only have 60k respirators. Some areas have more than others.

I don't think it takes experience in health care to recognize what will happen if hospitals go beyond capacity. We have an older Boomer population and see what is happening in Italy? It can happen here and may do so, if we do not limit social interaction or self-quarantine most of the day.

Last edited:
I would rather they overreact now and hopefully slow or contain the spread as we play catchup with the medical response. Then hopefully there will be some semblance of normal within a few weeks. If it stretches out to months with overwhelmed hospitals this could be really bad.

Nothing earth shattering on the address from the President.

Nothing earth shattering on the address from the President.

Besides the market shattering even worse the moment he started to speak ha

Besides the market shattering even worse the moment he started to speak ha
Nothing really he can do about that. In times of panic it wouldn’t make a bit of difference who or what party was in there. That’s just the way it is

Nothing really he can do about that. In times of panic it wouldn’t make a bit of difference who or what party was in there. That’s just the way it is

I was just pointing out the timing, didn't say it was his fault. Got a feeling it's going to be a rough few months for the stock market.

I was just pointing out the timing, didn't say it was his fault. Got a feeling it's going to be a rough few months for the stock market.

it will rebound eventually.

Yeah I know. I wasn’t really trying to defend or anything as I don’t really get political but just pointing out that honestly it really wouldn’t matter. People are too panicked and any time that happens the market takes a dive.

Well, they are attempting to keep people out of the hospitals. People are coming up with common cold symptoms and are told to go home to save the beds.

BUT we have a lot of people over 60, and if they get hit with this, their immune systems are not as strong, so they go into hospitals, and what I said takes place.

We do not have sufficient respirators to care for the really ill - this flu goes into your lungs. In the USA, the news says we only have 60k respirators. Some areas have more than others.

I don't think it takes experience in health care to recognize what will happen if hospitals go beyond capacity. We have an older Boomer population and see what is happening in Italy? It can happen here and may do so, if we do not limit social interaction or self-quarantine most of the day.

Yes it’s one of a dozen+ scenarios we are working towards. Again pushing people in for a cold because of hysteria is not going to help those truly in need. My statement stands.
We are stopping things like elective surgeries and repurposing rooms for patients in this crisis. We are developing our own tests for the virus. We are setting up triage stations to cut down on false positives and the overwhelming that you are mentioning. The vents are extreme scenarios and yes we r aware that it could be overwhelmed. The whole country and world can be overwhelmed. Look at grocery stores right now. That’s the overwhelmed.
Let’s see how this plays out. I am in one of the highest rate areas in the US right now and one the forefront of this overwhelming that you keep insisting. If you think the healthcare system is going to be overwhelmed then best to take extra precaution and keep isolated for this period of time as it comes through.
Going to a hospital is like going to Walmart right now. They want everyone to have curfews and not congregate but yet there’s thousands in these large stores at one time. It’s the same with a hospital. Your going to a place where the sick congregate. Make sure you do so only if you really feel you need it. That’s why we triage offsite.

Yes it’s one of a dozen+ scenarios we are working towards. Again pushing people in for a cold because of hysteria is not going to help those truly in need. My statement stands.
We are stopping things like elective surgeries and repurposing rooms for patients in this crisis. We are developing our own tests for the virus. We are setting up triage stations to cut down on false positives and the overwhelming that you are mentioning. The vents are extreme scenarios and yes we r aware that it could be overwhelmed. The whole country and world can be overwhelmed. Look at grocery stores right now. That’s the overwhelmed.
Let’s see how this plays out. I am in one of the highest rate areas in the US right now and one the forefront of this overwhelming that you keep insisting. If you think the healthcare system is going to be overwhelmed then best to take extra precaution and keep isolated for this period of time as it comes through.
Going to a hospital is like going to Walmart right now. They want everyone to have curfews and not congregate but yet there’s thousands in these large stores at one time. It’s the same with a hospital. Your going to a place where the sick congregate. Make sure you do so only if you really feel you need it. That’s why we triage offsite.

I look at Italy.

Don't want it to get that bad.

I'd give the market a respirator ... but it always recovers.

This is going to be a rough few weeks. Time to hunker down and be way more active on THP!

I've avoided the grocery store for about 10 days but finally had to go this evening. I thought Costco would be calm on a Monday evening. Wow, things have changed since my last visit (no :poop: Sherlock!). They had two guys stationed at the entry sanitizing cart handrails. Costco still has produce but there wasn't much left and it was picked over. The meat section had about 25% of normal levels. They're out of TP, eggs, milk, peanut butter, etc. They had diapers so that's a huge plus for young families. Costco also installed 4 self-checkout lanes for obvious reasons. The food court tables are gone and they'e only serving a couple of items. I didn't investigate but it looked like the menu is limited to soft drinks and hot dogs.

I've avoided the grocery store for about 10 days but finally had to go this evening. I thought Costco would be calm on a Monday evening. Wow, things have changed since my last visit (no :poop: Sherlock!). They had two guys stationed at the entry sanitizing cart handrails. Costco still has produce but there wasn't much left and it was picked over. The meat section had about 25% of normal levels. They're out of TP, eggs, milk, peanut butter, etc. They had diapers so that's a huge plus for young families. Costco also installed 4 self-checkout lanes for obvious reasons. The food court tables are gone and they'e only serving a couple of items. I didn't investigate but it looked like the menu is limited to soft drinks and hot dogs.
they can pry my $1.50 polish sausage and pop from my cold dead hands

I had to run to the grocery store this evening. I was surprised. Supplies were low, but there weren't many people, and the checkout lines were short. I stocked up on some extra booze to ride out the storm.

I had to run to the grocery store this evening. I was surprised. Supplies were low, but there weren't many people, and the checkout lines were short. I stocked up on some extra booze to ride out the storm.
I think for many, this was about getting a decent stock for the next couple weeks. We did the same (minus TP and lysol), and honestly it does make me feel a bit better about the situation we're all in.

seemed like it didn't take too long for 'hysteria' to subside.

Back