How did you pick your current Putter?

I was already at Edel HQ for an iron fitting so I was lucky enough to have Nico Edel available that day.

After that experience it wasn’t surprising why I didn’t get along with my previous putter

It was a process:

1) Got selected for the Morgan Cup
2) Got a putter fitting
3) Selected a Cobra putter that aligned with said fitting
4) Watched my average numbers of putts per round decrease by about 3 strokes
5) Fell in love with the DLT face tech in the Cobra putter with said putting improvement
6) Saw Sik Flo M in used rack, with specs that aligned with said fitting
7) Enjoyed the firmer feel of the solid metal putter
8) Shop manager offered it to me $30 off sticker price
9) Installed UST All-In Putter shaft due to rave THP reviews
10) The End

Last edited:
I rec'd my Cleveland HB soft milled 8 from the Srixon experience. It replaced my Scotty. Now that the event is over my Scotty is staying in my nice display bag at home. If you want to know why... check page 89 in the live thread from that event ;) .

It picked me. A fellow THPer had an Agera and let me borrow it. That first round I felt so comfortable over putts 10 feet and in, and even drained a nice 20 footer during that round. I had to work on the lag putts, but it worked for me from the start, and has only gotten better since.

Tried it out at GG... Made all my putts. That's it.

I went with the slant neck Cleveland Premier Soft #11.

I wasn't planning on staying with it, bought the new Milled #11, and then started missing putts everywhere. 3 footers would miss by 6 inches.
Put it down to a shootout one day, 11S vs 11 (double bend). Different necks, slightly different headshape (which I 100% didn't realize when I bought the milled.

I liked sinking 3 footers. I liked the overall color combo with the blacked out head/shaft (put a grey grip on it).

It was shocking how much better my putting was immediately. Confidence was there, putts were dropping.

Tried a few and found Spider Tour to NOT have a Hot Spot that would shoot Ball further than normal.

Had idea I wanted to build a putter. Block of Aluminum. Put some weights on outside. Shave the sole a little rounded. Groove the face. Then I came across an Indi Allison putter which was pretty much the concept I had in mind. So I got it. My only concern with it is super fast greens. It's a tad heavy and is tough to hit slow rollers.

Tried it out at GG... Made all my putts. That's it.
But that's my issue, at the Golf Stores, I make everything with every putter there!

Gaming an Odyssey Exo Indianapolis. I was looking for a new putter and saw a great deal on this. Face balanced mallet with an intriguing face. I later did a fitting and this putter was adjusted for me. I find it to be extremely stable which means I actually hit it on my target line more often, and shorter putts I find that much easier to line up due to the longer alignment line on top. I could see this legitimately improving my putting stats.

Did a fitting, got recommended specs, went on the hunt at PGASS and the local Van's Golf.
I've always been an Anser/Newport head play for the most part, but fitting suggested mallet with a bit of toe hang.
Biggest takeaway from the fitting was length and loft changes, from 34" to 33" and 4-4.5 * from most OEM's stock 3* ( Cameron used to push 4* as the proper loft)
Checked out TM Spider S (felt plastic and cheap), Odyssey 7s ( didn't care for the SL shaft and not an insert fan), Scotty Phantom 5.5 ( loved set up and feel, couldn't make a putt). Ended up with a Betti Inovai 6 crescent neck. Best feeling for me. I've been a Bettinardi fan for a long time, so that was not a surprise.
It's been in the bag for over 2 years, with an occasional hiatus just for fun.
I recently put an All In shaft in it, but I really think the stock steel is better as I don't see a bendfit from the graphite. Steel will be going back in soon.

Won an Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven in a THP contest. Went to the crappy little Edwin Watts in Tallahassee to test the different setups before making my selection. They did not have any in stock so had to base my selection on testing Odyssey Ten putters in various setups. Really liked the Ten when I was testing them so bought one after spending significant time with the Eleven and reviewing it on the forum.

Found it in a bargain bin. ($3.00) Thought it would be a good addition to a bag I was building.

I gave it a try out to make sure it was playable, and immediately knew I had something special.

After a few weeks of comparison, it replaced my old 30 year gamer.

Honestly? It is a really pretty Bettinardi that I bought about 9 years ago because it was crazy marked down at a local pro shop. I paid $150 for it at the time because it was “gently used” - it was spotless.

I could still sell it for more than that now, probably.

I have two. I got a custom Odyssey Toulon after the Grandaddy and use that for a majority of the year.

The second one was handed to me out of Nick McInally’s bag because I was given a wrong handed putter (though that’s fully on me being weird and playing lefty but putting righty). The fact that he just handed me a putter out of his bag and let me keep it was insane. Probably helped that he had a proto AI One in his bag at the time 😂

I had a putter fitting back in like 2015, and have stuck to putters of that approximate style (plumber's neck, wide flange blade) and length (33.5").

I am very much due to get it looked at again though.

I had to get a new putter to be able to test the KBS GPS shaft for THP. I knew I liked the double wide style and also enjoyed the white hot insert in my old Rossie.

I saw a tri-hot 5k double wide with a plumbers neck on Callaway pre owned for a great price and the rest is history.

I lucked into it. This combo of putter and shaft has completely transformed my putting. I’m really close to saying confidently that I’m no longer a terrible putter and might actually be turning the corner to be a ‘good putter’.

My team overcame some bad play by me to win the Edel Quest Cup in 2022 and we were given a putter as a prize. I splurged on a fitting to know what to order and have had it in the bag since. Getting fit for an odyssey to play in 2024

But that's my issue, at the Golf Stores, I make everything with every putter there!

It wasn't just making all the putts... It felt natural. I'm comfortable with it... And it was confirmed when I did my CC fitting and he didn't see a reason to switch... All he did was make a loft adjustment based on my putting stroke.

I was having a bad putting year and was fortunate enough to play with @hadi05 who was using a Seemore Mini Giant DF. I tried it and sunk a few right off the bat. I ordered one the next day.

That was such a fun round. That putter worked really well for you too!

i went to golf galaxy with my mind wide open to anything. it's hard not to be drawn to things that look nice, so i see a bunch i like the look of then hit each one several times before i even look at the price. i got lucky and the one i picked was under $200.

It wasn't just making all the putts... It felt natural. I'm comfortable with it... And it was confirmed when I did my CC fitting and he didn't see a reason to switch... All he did was make a loft adjustment based on my putting stroke.
So awesome when you pick up a putter and everything feel fluid and natural!

Back