How do you cook you bacon?

How do you cook your bacon?

• Total voters
I quit cooking bacon bc it’s a giant pain. Instead just get crumbled bacon from Costco. I only use bacon for my scrambled eggs each morning so doing it with precooked crumbled bacon is ideal.

Oven on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 400° for 17 minutes using thick cut bacon.

No mess and comes out perfect, cook up a complete package at once.

Usually on the Blackstone. In the oven during the winter.

Foil lined cookie sheet with a raised wire rack placed on an outdoor grill. I use either my pellet grill or gas grill depending on what I need the bacon for. If the bacon will be added to bake beans I will use the pellet and smoke for a bit before turning up the temp. If for my wife's favorite sandwich, BLT. straight to the gas grill at a medium/high temp.

Sadly on the rare occasion that I cook bacon it's in the microwave. Though when I grill steaks I lay several strips of thick cut bacon on top of them while they cook them finish cooking the bacon on the grill when the steaks are done

Mainly just in the oven. Quantity is key!

I find it is easier to get more of a uniform cook on things as well in the oven.

I cut the pound of bacon in half and only cook 2 or 3 half pieces at a time. I cook my eggs in the bacon grease created. Very little mess and I’m done cooking both the bacon and eggs before my oven would even be done pre-heating.

Convection oven FTW

Air fryer, oven, cast iron skillet or griddle and microwave (bacon dish is very good here) at various times.

Been microwaving for years. Layered paper towels and bacon. I start a 12 oz package - about 15 slices - at 8:30 and add time in small increments to get to the perfect crispiness.

Like @Bernoulli, I am interested in trying it in our newly acquired air fryer.

Oven. No mess, no stink. Brush maple syrup on it when it’s close to done.

I have used an oven because that is the way restaurants do it and it’s extremely consistent and easy to get exactly the way you want it. If you like it super crispy this is the only way to do it without burning.

There are people out there microwaving bacon?? 😳

Mrs. Bosco and I made breakfast burritos and sprinkled chili powder on the bacon before we cooked it. Pretty dang good.

Oven baking is the easiest way for me since I'm usually on the stovetop for other things.

I've done most of the different ways, so it really just depends on what isn't being used at the moment and that will get the bacon.

Eggs and bacon - bacon goes in the oven.

biscuits and gravy with bacon - bacon goes on the stovetop

etc

Used to fry on a griddle but now just use oven it’s easy And no mess

used to be pan, but we've fully moved over to oven based bacon'ing.

Much better.
Agreed. Easy, less mess, and just as good

Large quantities I'll use an oven, but that's once in a decade. Otherwise its in the pan on the stove.
This. Buddies trips or family brunch you are getting oven bacon.

Small intimate meal you get the fry pan.

Been making bacon in the oven for years. I did try sous vide then pan fry but still messy.

Wife - air fryer it turns out well and a lot less grease I don't mind it

Me - spent 1/3 of my life commercial kitchens and the over is the only acceptable answer and how I still do it to this day.

Back