How Do You Keep Score?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
With all of these Apps out, gadgets, etc. ... do you use any particular item to keep your score?

I'm old school I guess you could say. I just use the scorecard for my scoring. But I keep track of fairways, GIR, putts, etc. on the card with check marks. Or if I'm not interested in writing it down, I'll just keep it "mentally" and then recap the round later.

How do you keep score? Or do you at all?

Do you keep all of your stats? Or do you not even care?

What say you THP? :unsure:

Arccos and a traditional score card.

Golfshot app. I write strokes over par on the scorecard to check the app at the end to make sure I entered correctly

Score card and 18 birdies. I’m annoyed with 18 birdies constant pop up spam though.

I keep score on my Garmin Vivoactive...or I did. I'm in the process of getting a new one. During league we still use score card, but the watch just seems much easier to me.

Score card and pencil, one with an eraser ;)

I Keep track of fairways hit, left and right, sand, putts and then add that all in after the round put it in to The Grint.

Shots on to the greens (my second shot on par 4's) are my downfall so says The Grint with the stats it shows, and I am working on that.

Scorecard.

Also track FIR/GIR and putts on it.

In my head. Just keep up with the number over or under.

Traditional scorecard or through the Grint app on my phone or Apple watch.

If I'm playing with friends it's old school scorecard and pencil. If by myself I use my Garmin watch.

I use a scorecard.

Score in relation to par on the top (0 for par, -1 for birdie, 1 for bogey), then FIR below that, then GIR, then putts.

I've been thinking about trying to keep a rough track of the distance of my putts, but usually always forget to step off either before or after putting.

Just got a Garmin watch so my last round was on it. Normally my scores are so bad I stop keeping track at the turn, but when they weren't I kept the mentally.

Galaxy watch with smart caddie app

I use my garmin watch, almost exclusively. It keeps Fairways, GIR, Putts and penalties for me

Played the other day with a friend and he asked where the scorecard was, before we teed off at my home club. I didn't take one. Oops.

App. I keep notes, but score on the app. Golfshot or TheGrint mostly. TheGrint was having serious issues last outing though, so wife and I went to a scorecard.

In groups, depending on the game we're playing, we'll keep multiple scorecards to track everything. I try to pass off those duties whenever possible.

Last edited:
Paper scorecard and short golf pencil
(score, GIR, putts)

Competition - scorecard
Casual - Garmin watch (which also tracks FIR, GIR, number of putts)

Using the traditional scorecard

In my head. When I have a few minutes after a round I grab a pen and paper and keep track of fairways hit, GIR, putts and scrambling up and downs. I also write down each club used on each hole.

Golfshot app. I write strokes over par on the scorecard to check the app at the end to make sure I entered correctly
Exactly what I do on my Apple watch. After the round has been completed, I also go back through GolfShot and review the scorecard to be sure I have entered the fairway hits or misses correct.

Scorecard and a pencil.
Every once in a while I will keep track of putts/GIR/FIR, but then I throw the card away after posting, so that did nothing for me in the long run.

Good ol pen and paper usually. Or sometimes up in the ol noggin

Back