How Do You Mark Your Golf Ball?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had these threads in the past, but thought a new one would be fun. How do you mark yours? Bonus points for pics.

(Held spot for upcoming pics)

I wanted to start a thread about this earlier this week. Why do you mark your ball the way you do? So you know it's yours right? No one will hit your ball & you can identify it quicker on the course. Well I have a story for later that will amuse you. It didn't amuse me when it happened. But I will finish this later .... have a meeting to go to.

Someday I hope to use this bad boy. Of course, it will stymie the hole!

1601406171397.png
1601406184054.png

Ummm... I don’t unless it interferes with play or has a clump of mud on it.

Otherwise it gets played as it sits. I don’t line up the ball (one piece for the mindF out of the way) and instead just line up and hit it. If I line it up then I wonder if I have the correct line for the speed, etc. I don’t need that in my brain.

See ball, hit ball.

Always the same - a small 'v' inside the chevron/v on a Callaway ball. It's unique, and I've used it for so long that all my regular playing partners know my mark. I've even had guys return balls to me that they found in subsequent rounds while looking for their balls, because they recognized my mark when they found it.

If it's not a Callaway ball, it will be a small 'v' above or below the logo/ball number, depending on where it fits best.

ball.jpg

Just my initials, PJS, with a gray sharpy.

I can always recognize mine from the tree bark imprints :)

I have started using the CSX with Triple Track, so I have gone away from marking my ball. I should still but literally no one at my course uses it. Which makes me a sad panda!

I just put a "T" under the number. Though this weekend for our club championship I may not need to do that as they will already have a mark. I’m limiting myself to one sleeve though.
760581CD-D203-4B6C-B9F0-90BEFBFE14E1.jpeg

I mark the ball with an X or an XX on the side opposite the alignment aid.

We have had these threads in the past, but thought a new one would be fun. How do you mark yours? Bonus points for pics.
Two dots on either side below the manufacturer's logo.

My initials connected "jn" and a Bettinardi marker
IMG_9653.JPG

I don't have a pic but I had my avatar made into a custom ball stamp.

Single red dot above the #. or play a Truvis ball.

Usually dots above the brand and number

If the wife gets hold of them, then anything can be put on them. Last time it was giant love hearts

If I am using the Pix 2.0 then I don't mark them at all

1 red dot just left of the number

Black sharpie dot between name & number on both sides & black lines either side of the Supersoft logo for putting alignment.

For the mind Smiter said in his above post, I'm going to play the next round without the black lines either side of the Supersoft and see how it works.

I use a hat clip with a Chimera ball marker.

Last edited:
A single dimple gray sharpie dot by the ball number on each side of the ball. Less is more for me in regards to what is on my golf ball.

A lightning bolt has been my symbol since my surfing days when I was just a kid, and I still use it. When using Bridgestones I draw a lightning bolt through the "B", otherwise I use a Tin Cup lightning bolt stencil. I usually kill some time sitting in the garage or driveway marking golf balls after cleaning my clubs.

Ball Marks.jpg

I simply get my balls with custom numbers .... 69 ..... and this avoids confusion and stops most folks from wanting to use them

A lightning bolt has been my symbol since my surfing days when I was just a kid, and I still use it. When using Bridgestones I draw a lightning bolt through the "B", otherwise I use a Tin Cup lightning bolt stencil. I usually kill some time sitting in the garage or driveway marking golf balls after cleaning my clubs.

View attachment 8966069
That looks cool, but time consuming! :p

I generally just mark a dark blue putting line and leave it at that. I'm usually the only one playing a Srixon in my group, and the blue line confirms its mine if someone chances upon a lost ball Srixon.

Single dot near brand logo in acid green, Carolina blue or metallic fuchsia.

i normally don't mark mine. I've got enough different brands in my bag that I'm playing what everyone else isn't.:ROFLMAO: Plus i don't carry a sharpie.

Back