How do you pronounce that delicious Peanut butter cup?

How do you pronounce the peanut butter cup Reese"2?

• Do you pronounce it Rees-IS, like it rhymes with pieces:

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Or do you pronounce it Rees-EES?

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Who cares, it's delicious either way

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you pronounce it Rees-IS, like it rhymes with pieces:
Or do you pronounce it Rees-EES?

i had to think about it for a second and say both ways a few times....but it's rees-ees for me

The first way.

Doesn't matter, open package, eat, drink milk and have the second one.
Garfield Rip Nermal GIF

People say the second way??? Interesting.

Rhymes with pieces.

Quite easily. Let's settle this.

Reese-s-Pieces-Peanut-Butter-Candy-1-53-oz-18-Ct_4c15afba-4ba6-4759-9a88-269263c08e7b_1.009981c372f0f9202aad88f71adca481.jpeg

We can determine how the first word on this label is pronounced by looking at the second word. I don't think we are going to argue how "pieces" is pronouced:

pee · suhz

So, assuming that "Reese's" is a smart company, they hired an advertising company to come up with the name for this candy. That ad company did not choose "pee-suhz" to rhyme with "ree-seas".

Therefore, "ree-suhz" "pee-suhz" is the correct way to pronounce the first word.

I mean I think they wanted the Reese's Pieces thing to rhyme.

Didn't the Reeces cups come out before the pieces?
That's probably what the want us to think. That they were clever after the fact. 😆

I just eat em rather than pronounce them.

I hear the second option way way way more FWIW. I also say the 2nd way, but I also don't tend to say it because I don't like them.

The first is the correct and proper way. The second appears to be Ohio.

The first is the correct and proper way. The second appears to be Ohio.
Well people from the south can't seem to pronounce Ohio correctly either.....so maybe we're even?

Quite easily. Let's settle this.

Reese-s-Pieces-Peanut-Butter-Candy-1-53-oz-18-Ct_4c15afba-4ba6-4759-9a88-269263c08e7b_1.009981c372f0f9202aad88f71adca481.jpeg

We can determine how the first word on this label is pronounced by looking at the second word. I don't think we are going to argue how "pieces" is pronouced:

pee · suhz

So, assuming that "Reese's" is a smart company, they hired an advertising company to come up with the name for this candy. That ad company did not choose "pee-suhz" to rhyme with "ree-seas".

Therefore, "ree-suhz" "pee-suhz" is the correct way to pronounce the first word.
I hate when people say reee-ceee's peee-ceee's.

Well people from the south can't seem to pronounce Ohio correctly either.....so maybe we're even?
There's more than one way to pronounce O-hi-o?

I hate when people say reee-ceee's peee-ceee's.
It's grating, but I do it ironically.

You know, the hilarious dad move when we intentionally mispronounce words to make them sound funny.

It's grating, but I do it ironically.

You know, the hilarious dad move when we intentionally mispronounce words to make them sound funny.
Ironically, I say it that way to my kids. And say it realllllly slow. Reeeeeeeeeceeeeeeeee peeeeeeceeeeees.

The right way: Rees-IS 😎

Back