How far do you drive to play??

I'm about 20 minutes from my home course. A little longer if I'm coming from work. I often drive longer to play different courses.

I'm very lucky that my home course is a very nice muni only 8 or so mins away; my secondary home course is 20 mins away.

10 miles, which takes about 21 minutes.

20-1:10 is the typical range to get to my preferred courses.

My home course is half a mile from my weekly room. When I'm home on weekends, I'm about 10 minutes from a good course. To meet friends or a group, I don't mind driving a couple hours.

30 minutes, 3 days a week... I used to drive 1 hour to play weekly though.

It depends on where I am at the time. My home course is near my beach house and it is 22 minutes from the beach house to the club. If I am coming from my primary house it is an hour and 10 minutes. I don’t use the course much during the week when I am home.

7 miles. Takes 10 - 15 minutes depending on how I hit the traffic lights. I am there 7 days a week because I work there also.

I’ll drive as far an hour and fifteen minutes

For my home course, maybe 1.5 miles, or less. For course #2, maybe 2.0 miles. I know I can't listen to a whole Tom Petty song before turning into their parking lots.

2 years ago, on a 6600 mile road trip I played 11 rounds, in 8 states.

I'll travel just about any distance to play golf if the timing is right.

I’d definitely drive 2 or 3 hours to play

20 minutes.

There are closer courses, but I like what I like.

We have lots of good courses close by, but occasionally we will get the wanderlust. We like playing new, different tracks. Some of them have become real favorites, so we always plan a trip or two to them every year. These are usually not much further than an hour and half to two hours away! Two years ago I was introduced to a course a little bit southwest of Cleveland. The design was interesting, the conditioning was superb, and it cost a senior nineteen dollars to play eighteen holes on a weekday! Are you kidding me?

This year? I drove from Charleston SC to Lexington ky, for two rounds with great members, and I'd do it all over again! In fact hope I can next year too!

But my current home course, 2 miles:D

Last edited:
I live on my home course so my drive is in my cart about 800 yards. Back in Michigan I was in a league that was 45-60 minutes away, or in private clubs, one of which was 60-75 minutes away.

Drove two hours Sunday to play in a scramble. Thendara. Beautiful Donald Ross course cut out of the woods in Old Forge NY.

I have an ok course 12 minutes away, I'd rather drive to Pinehurst, NC area. It's like being on vacation and it's 1 hour 15 minutes away. I work from home. So, it's nice to get out and the drive is peaceful.

I am around 10mins from my home course, but I do have a couple others slightly closer
20mins would be nothing for me to consider in terms of travel time, and I have driven up to a couple hours before to play a course with friends

Closest course to me is 10 min away. That being said, I have about 15-20 courses that are within a 30 minute drive that I wouldn’t hesitate to play. I have been known to drive several hours ( 6 exactly) to tee it up with fellow THPers though. Have car, will travel!!

Last year, to get a reasonably priced weekday membership, I and the guys I play with had to join a club that is a 30 mile / 35-minute drive from my house, mostly highway driving. Last year it wasn't so bad, but gas prices this year, and an increase in the sot of the membership for next year that has already been announced, will cause me to look elsewhere, undoubtedly closer.

There’s a half decent municipal right near my house, 5 mins walk. But the club I’m a member at is a 10 minute drive. It’s not far to anywhere in England 🤣.

Lessee here. 1 course is something like 40 minutes away maybe. That's the closest I think. The other one I play with any sort of regularity is over an hour away.

I live in the sticks so everything is 30-45 minutes away.

My home course is about 8 miles away, so takes about 20 mins with traffic and the like. My next game is approximately 5,135 miles away from where I am now :LOL:

Back