How far do you drive to play??

My home course is about 25 mins away, but my rotation courses are anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour away.

Normally 15-30 minutes but to play with a THPer I have driven up to 2 hours or so and it was well worth it!

Closest course to me is a 4 minute drive but since I am not a member there it's harder to get a tee time. The course I play most often is 10 mins away, with 2 others a 30 minute drive each in opposite directions.

The closest course to me is 15 minutes. I’ll regularly drive up to an hour to play rather than play that same course all the time.

I live a mile from a course, but I usually drive 3 hours to play at my stepdad's local club.

Probably around 30 minuets from my door to the course. I have a course closer to me that is part of my package, but I can actually drive to the one further away, hit balls, play 18 and hand out a few minuets then get back home in the same amount of time it typically takes to play the closer course.

I have bounced around a bit, but currently drive 15 minutes to my local muni. I might join a local public course next year that is a 20 minute drive, but I have joined a course that took 70 minutes to get to with out traffic issues.

Currently drive an hour to an hour and a half. That will soon change. Moving over the next couple weeks. House is across the street from my 1st country club experience. Can’t wait. Cart ride to the clubhouse. Limited rounds played no weekend crowds. Will even be able to walk lots of rounds.

I'm 20-ish minutes from my home course. I'd drive a couple of hours to play a really good course, so about 150 miles.

Further than that it had better be for an experience.

Closest course is about 7-10 minutes from the house ( Arizona National ) Next closest regular track is Fred Enke, about 20 minutes away.
Otherwise we have about 8 courses with 30 minutes or so from the house, and another 8 or more within 45-60 minutes.

The most I've driven for a single round is maybe 1:45. Golf is one thing I don't mind driving for. I hate my 25 min drive to work lol.

That said...anyone in New England wanna get together and play??? (y)

I drive all over the Charlotte area.

Rocky River is 10 minutes away, Highland Creek 15-20, play with @e1iterate at his club and that is an hour. Red Bridge is about 15-20, Charles T Meyers is about 10-15, Tradition is 25, Skybrook is 20, but 15-30 minutes is my normal range because there are so many good courses within that range of me.

To join a club my options get harder Cabarrus Country Club is like 15 minutes away, but Northstone, Pine Lake, and others are 30ish and most private clubs are in the southern part of Charlotte so they are 45 plus.

My home course is 8 miles, which is like right next door when you live out in the country, less than 15 minute drive. Everything else is 30+ miles away, with several that I play regularly at 50+.

My goto courses are about 30 min drives. I have courses that I can go to closer but I want quality not quantity.

While I have a nice course that is 4 miles from me (play it occasionally) - I prefer to play a course that is 23 miles away. I’ll play it 10/1 over the closer one.

I have 12 local courses in my rotation: the nearest being 30 min. away, and the longest about an hour away.

We are golf course rich here in the inland northwest........

6 miles. Within 14 miles of 2 other fantastic courses.

I play three courses on thd regular. One is 7 mins from my house the others are 20 min. From home and work. Latter important to avoid rush hour.

however I routinely drive all over AZ to play. So up to 2 hours one way for a day trip is common.

The course where I play in league is about 45 minutes. My buddy and I have a few playable courses within 15 minutes max that we frequent. We also enjoy playing a variety, so it's not unusual for us to drive up to an hour.

My home course is about 35 minutes. I have driven upwards of 3 hours, but that's for a special course. I can get to so many courses within an hour of me I have no reason to go any further.

My home course is about 15 minutes from my house and about Hal that from my office. One of the players in our group drives 45 minutes each way, 4 times per week to play.

Closest course is 1.5 miles away. I have literally dozens and dozens of courses within an hours drive.

Old/Saturday course is literally 7 minutes.
New/Sunday course is 20 minutes. 17 if I’m running late and take the turnpike!
I’m slowly playing more at the new club. It’s hard to leave good friends.

My course is 5 minutes away, and I'll openly admit to selecting a home in that proximity intentionally.

Got super tired of the commute after work. A 20 minute drive turns into 45 and I just don't feel like wasting that much of my day.

Back