How Long Was Your Round Today?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is something I am really interested to read about (and discuss/rant).

I'm curious to have THPers talk about their round times, and how the pace felt.

Today, we turned in 1:50 and finished in 3:45 I believe. Absolutely perfect, and even took our time as I was apparently giving a free playing lesson to my friend David hahaha

We played our club / league championship today. All stroke play singles. Played the blues from 6700 yards.

6 hours and 10 minutes.

Not kidding. Pins were in championship sunday positions and the league is a handicap league from low single digits to 30+ handicaps. It was a slaughter.

3:57. 2nd group out.

Too…… f’ing…….. long.

Over 6 hours..

We finished right on 4 hours. We all struggled on the front and were super slow turning in 2:15. I was on our group to play faster but finally one of our buddies in the group behind us came up at the turn and said you guys need to pick it up. Finally everyone listened and we played the back in 1:45 which was much better. Everyone was at least a few strokes better on the back and two of us were 7 strokes better.

I am not sure if playing faster made everyone better but we did spend less time looking in the woods which definitely made us play faster.

We played our club / league championship today. All stroke play singles. Played the blues from 6700 yards.

6 hours and 10 minutes.

Not kidding. Pins were in championship sunday positions and the league is a handicap league from low single digits to 30+ handicaps. It was a slaughter.
that is crazy.

Does the course have a pace of play policy?

that is crazy.

Does the course have a pace of play policy?

Yeah, but they are also the ones that placed the pins in nasty locations. 3 and 4 putts we're common.

Last edited:
Didn’t play today, but my last round was at Ballyhack and didn’t feel like it was too long for the course. @SkiBumGolfer @JB, do you guys know how long that round was?

435 on a resort course. Can't complain.

6 hours and 10 minutes.

f**k that all day.

Yeah, but they are also the ones that placed the pins in nasty locations. 3 and 4 putts we're common.
I swear I haven't been day drinking.... But I can't figure out what you're saying hahahaha

3:54 or so on Thursday. Less groups out for TNML and chasing daylight helped. It hasn’t been uncommon for us to be around the 4:30 mark all season on mens league nights.

Dew sweepers, front 9 was 1 hr 25 minutes. Made the turn and they had been letting people off the back, road block. Back side took 2:45. Rangers unconcerned that there were were 4 groups on the 4th hole, and a foursome of guys well in front of us all holding the whole works up. Screw Pine Valley, Romeo MI. Meanwhile they road blocks played at a pace the PGA would find unacceptable, while also taking 10 or 11 shots just to reach the damn green on an easy par 5. Think about that, that's a little over 50 yards per stroke! I have seen many people take that many shots without clogging up the whole works.

That's great speed on a resort course, as far as I am concerned.

Agreed.

We were on pace for about 3:45 until catching up to the morning conference crew (i think teed off at least 90 minites before us) around hole 14. :LOL:

4 different carts came backwards looking for lost clubs. We picked up a circa 1984 SW on #12 to return to one of them.

4 hours and 50 minutes and we were in carts. Teed of at 1022am at the Plantation in Frisco Texas and finished up at 310....we waited on EVERY SHOT and apparently it was a group in front of us that wa making it an experience.....the marshall came by twice to let us know that it was just slow, group after group.....

I swear I haven't been day drinking.... But I can't figure out what you're saying hahahaha

The course has a play time policy BUT if they want'ed us to play within 4 1/2 hours, they wouldn't have stuck pins on top of ridges where single digit handicappers were 3 putting when you had 30 handicap players playing. We had reports of people just picking up because they maxed out the score for the hole because of the number of putts. And there are no gimmees so all putts have to be holed.

It was a **** show.

Also long drive for the AA flight ( <9 handicap ) on a hole that had a 105 yard difference between Blue tees and senior tees. Yes a senior was in the AA flight and got 105 yard advantage over the rest of us playing from the blue tees for longest drive hole.

The course has a play time policy BUT if they want'ed us to play within 4 1/2 hours, they wouldn't have stuck pins on top of ridges where single digit handicappers were 3 putting when you had 30 handicap players playing. We had reports of people just picking up because they maxed out the score for the hole because of the number of putts. And there are no gimmees so all putts have to be holed.

It was a **** show.

Also long drive for the AA flight ( <9 handicap ) on a hole that had a 105 yard difference between Blue tees and senior tees. Yes a senior was in the AA flight and got 105 yard advantage over the rest of us playing from the blue tees for longest drive hole.
That sucks. It makes me mad when courses put on a tournament for their membership and trick it out to a condition that is straight up unfamiliar (weird pins, speedy greens, etc). I never ever understand why it happens.

4 hrs even on Friday.

2 hours 10 minutes for a walking 9-hole course this afternoon

Played in 4 hours as a foursome yesterday. Was pretty good

4:07 - 9:30 tee time - foursome - 2 of us walked. - Too much waiting around for me but I've seen much worse on a Saturday. Unsure what's typical at the course we played today? It's a 3 times a year away kind of course, not all that tough.

Last edited:
Didn’t play today, but my last round was at Ballyhack and didn’t feel like it was too long for the course. @SkiBumGolfer @JB, do you guys know how long that round was?

I believe it was around 4:15. Which was a HUGE relief compared to the previous day 🤣

Back