How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
This may sound like a random question but I was talking with a friend a few days ago and it got me thinking. He said he thought higher cappers would carry way more balls than lower cappers, I disagreed with this as I like to carry about 10 balls in my bag.
Anyway, how many do you carry and do you think handicap plays a part in choosing how many balls to carry?

Last edited:
I have about a dozen, and nope nothing to do with handicap. Just how many fits in the ball pocket without being too bulky

A dozen, two dozen, nothing set in stone. More in the staff bag!

Usually that I walk I like to carry as least as possible. Unless I'm practicing, but usually I'll always have a sleeve of brand new balls and about 5-10 balls I've used on previous rounds for extra shots.

I carry at least 3 sleeves of balls up to 6 sleeves. It depends on how I've been playing lately, also I do swap balls out if they get scuffed or damaged over the course of a round.

I have about a dozen, and nope nothing to do with handicap. Just how many fits in the ball pocket without being too bulky

I don't carry more than 3 or 4, especially when walking - I like my bag as light as possible. When on a golf vacation I will bring a dozen or so if I'm playing several rounds. Nothing worse than paying $14 or $15 a sleeve for a sleeve of premium balls at a resort course.

Usually between 2 and 4 sleeves but then anywhere from a couple balls to a half dozen balls loose. Depends on his many I've recently found on the course :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough. I haven't count yet but I have a bunch since I find them and throw them in my bag

I don't really have a certain number I carry. I fill the pocket I keep balls in, and when it starts getting low I fill it again.

Anywhere between 5 and 24.

usually about a dozen, 6 loose in the ball pocket, 2 sleeves in the bigger pocket

usually have 5-6 dozens in my car, and i make sure that i have 2-3 sleeves in the bag before each round

First off I would put zero emphasis on HC determining the amount of balls one carries. My only rule is that I never play with less than four balls in my bag.

8 to 10

I walk primarily, start with 2 sleeves of my primary balls, and maybe another 6 balls, some left over from a previous round

Never less than a dozen, sometimes nearer 3 dozen.

In an official game - two matching in right pocket, another two of the same in the tee pocket of the bag.

Practising - two for playing in right pocket, two alternates for hitting extra shots in left pocket, stack in the bag in case the course is quite and I want to hit a bundle at any point.

12 new ones and 6 used / water balls.

Never a set number, always at least 6 balls but sometimes when I clean out my bag I will find 4 dozen from picking up so many and opening new sleeves without taking out old beat up balls.

About 3 or 4 sleeves of new balls and whatever I have left over from previous rounds, etc.

I usually carry a dozen or so "good" balls, then a handful of junk ones. If I start blowing up big-time, I'll switch to the crappy ones before it starts costing $5-$10 per hole :at-wits-end:.

12 usually new ones and 3 used

Thanks to taylormade quite a bit more than that this weekend

Same here. Sometimes 2 dozen if I have just gotten new ones.

I usually have a couple dozen give or take. Don't have a number I consciously try to maintain, just tend to have quite a few in there.

I usually have a dozen in my bag and a couple of sleeves in my golf cart. Now that doesn't count the 4 or 5 dozen older lost balls that I have picked up, that are in the basket of my cart. I almost never play any of them. I either give them away or hit them on the driving range.

Usually 3 sleeves of new ones and a couple balls left over from previous rounds,so approx.1 dozen total.

Back