How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

I have about 3 dozen in there now. Normally on avg I will carry 3 sleeves.

I usually have close to a dozen new.
Then also a pocket for more experienced balls that made it through a round with me, or balls that I have adopted.

The adopted balls have numbered as many as 35-40.

I use the two small front pockets on my bag for golf balls. One is for "new" and one is for "water". Any balls I pick up on the course go into the "water" pocket, along with any that I am playing but get badly scuffed. The "new" pocket is usually full of used, but new-to-me "mint" balls. I won't hit anything too badly damaged, but for holes where I really want to take a risk over the water I'll pull out a "water" ball.

My total number is usually less than a dozen in the water ball pocket and a dozen or more in the new ball pocket. Sometimes I'll finish a round with the exact same number in each. Sometimes I'll end up moving the game ball to the water pocket at the end of the round. And sometimes I'll end up refilling both of them before I play again :)

Typically I'll bag 9. 6 of my gamer and 3 of a cheaper ball in case things go to crap.

I have really thought about this or counted the balls in my bag...I carry enough, I suppose. I have ever run out. If I had to guess, I would say I typically have 12-15 balls in my bag. Most rounds I will only use 1-2....of course, I put 2 in the drink today...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually around 7 or so. But right now I loaded up 12 Bridgestone b330 and 13 Titliest Pro V1's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually 1-3 sleeves of new balls and 5 or 6 used balls.

Between 12-18 I generally try to carry 9 Noodles (0 ) and then the balance being balls I am trying out, I love the noodles but they seem to not be too durable even when I don't hit cart paths or trees ;)
Current test balls Are Srixon Qstar, and Titleist Nxt-s Think I am moving away from the Qstars I like the tour Zstars but will not be spending that on balls at this time.

Usually 12. The most I've lost on a course was 11, so I figure 12 should keep me safe!

Anywhere from 9 to 12. 2 sleeves have to be new balls. The rest are just left over from previous rounds. I'm pretty quick to change out balls. I hate playing them if they're chewed up or victims of cart paths and tree bark.
I'll carry less if playing with my wife. She has a boatload "just in case."

I usually keep 5-6 misc balls for hitting over the water and usually a dozen sleeved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It varies, sometimes I have a dozen or more. I don't dig around to find out. I know I add a few every third round because I open a fresh sleeve.

but I agree with you friend that high handicaps carry more than lower. Because they tend to treat a found golf ball as gold and put it in their bag. Most higher hdcp don't carry what they play. I said most not all, I know the membership on THP is well versed in what ball to play and not to play.

I carry between 6 and 18. Usually buy a dozen when I get down to 6 or below.

If I was to generalise then I would say 6 in the bag is the minimum I would carry.
On my home course I very rarely lose a ball during the round, I have gone out before with only 4 total in the bag, including the ball in play. I play a ball until its lost or scuffed enough for me to decide its had its day, then I take out a new ball.
I don't generally carry any scuffed/used balls, anything I find on the course gets passed to my playing partners.
If I am playing on a course I have never played before then definitely 6 new balls in the bag is the minimum.

I'm in the High Handicap - carry lot's of golf balls & found golf ball = gold category

This thread surprised me with the low numbers I admit I keep all my golf balls in my stand bag, which total over 50 I was just thinking the other day 'I really should clear out some of these'.

I'm taking the game more seriously (regular lessons) and improving steadily, I probably lose between 1-3 a round but tend to find 2 or 3 each time.

Should I stop using second hand golf balls? I know there is bound to be some great information on this site about this, I'll continue searching but any tips much appreciated!

I don't carry many. Maybe a sleeve or two and a few random ones. I try and not carry too many since I like to walk and that's just extra weight. If you lose all the ones you brought I am sure you can find a few on the course so you can continue.

Carry about 15, out of which 5 are usually new-ish, 3 or 4 are complete crap for *those* days and the rest are balls i've used previously but are in good condition. I only use new ones in competitions as I would rather scuff a used ball playing casually.

I usually have as many as can fit in the ball pocket, around 12-15, which includes new sleeves, balls used in previous rounds and "new to me" balls.

A dozen, give or take.

At least a dozen. I also carry my gamers plus a sleeve of cheaper balls in case the wheels start to fall off and I don't want to lose $4 balls.

At least a dozen. I also carry my gamers plus a sleeve of cheaper balls in case the wheels start to fall off and I don't want to lose $4 balls.

I agree with this....but I'll also use the cheaper ball off the first tee. It drives me nuts to lose my gamer when I'm usually not warmed up yet.

I agree with this....but I'll also use the cheaper ball off the first tee. It drives me nuts to lose my gamer when I'm usually not warmed up yet.

That's not a bad idea.

Around a dozen I would say. 9 quality balls and a few water balls if I feel mu swing is way off that round.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

I like to carry 6 of my gamer ball, and 6 more of beat up gamers/whatevers for pre round putting/chipping practice and in case my game goes to hell and I don't want to lose good balls.

Back