How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

Off the schneid with two birdies today

Got to 77 today on the first par 5.

36 with 1 today.

77 rounds in a row with a birdie. That is very impressive.
Thanks. I think it's my longest at this point. Texas trip in December has potential to bust a streak though. There's always one course I can't putt for crap on while we're there.

My streak ended at 6 but its hard to be disappointed shooting a 79 yesterday. Nine pars and nine bogeys. I had a few decent looks but the birdie eluded me .

Thanks. I think it's my longest at this point. Texas trip in December has potential to bust a streak though. There's always one course I can't putt for crap on while we're there.

I need to find a way to do something better. At my course frankly I have more rounds without birdies than with particularly from the back tees. I think I need to improve my green reading. My speed is generally good and I feel like I get the ball on the line I want more often than not but I don't make many putts over 5 feet. I am not long enough to reach any of our par 5s in 2 so most of my birdie putts are longer than 10 feet.

If you get near Houston let me know. I would enjoy playing a round with you.

I need to find a way to do something better. At my course frankly I have more rounds without birdies than with particularly from the back tees. I think I need to improve my green reading. My speed is generally good and I feel like I get the ball on the line I want more often than not but I don't make many putts over 5 feet. I am not long enough to reach any of our par 5s in 2 so most of my birdie putts are longer than 10 feet.
That's tough. My make percentage is very good at 10', and then takes a pretty sizable drop at 15. The days I have a lot of putts from 15+ feel like polar opposites of the ones where I have a bunch at 10 and in. The lines are so fine. A big thing I focus on that I don't see others do as much is trying to get the putt I want. I keep a stat on total putt breaks for the round in inches, anything downhill gets weighted double. I work hard to be putting from a position that let's me be aggressive rather than hesitant, and I feel like it makes a huge difference. The make percentage from 15' uphill with 6" or less break is miles ahead of what it is downhill, or even across for the same. Easier to read I think too. So it's all proximity and position for me. I'm fine with being a little further away if it's in the right position.

If you get near Houston let me know. I would enjoy playing a round with you.
Don't get to Houston much, unfortunately. We normally go to Dallas a few timess a year, and this year probably would have been more like 10 times (new babies!), if it wasn't for Covid. 😕

Last edited:
2 today to go to 37.

78. Unless my driving suddenly tanks, I just don't see how it would stop right now. I checked, and when my last one got busted in Dallas, I didn't putt well, but I only hit 6 fairways. Think that was the culprit.

Made it to 6 today. Played a wet 9 today and hit the ball well. Had 1 birdie and two bogeys. I figured out that I wasn’t releasing the club very good and implemented the change today. Very consistent right at the end of the season....I hope I read my notes before I fall into bad habits next season.

38 after 1 today.

3 after today’s 9 hole round. Stuck a SW tight for a tap in birdie!

79 now

I could only dream of having a run like that.....

I will be happy if I can make it to double figures next weekend (assuming the course is open and the weather doesn't cause the comp to be cancelled) after getting my streak to 9 rounds before we went into lockdown here in the UK

I’m up to 21 birdies this year, which is definitely a career high (quantity, not quality 😆). Had by far my longest streak at 6 rounds and currently working on a modest 3 round streak.

I’m in a dark place right now. 3 out of 4 18’s without a birdie. Once it gets colder and winds are whipping it gets tougher, but still no excuse.

starting to appreciate my streak of 9 a month ago just a tad more 😢

Think I'm back up to 5 now.

80 after a quick 9 this morning.

3 today to go to 39.

Pretty windy today 20-30mph, Still managed to get 2 birds early in the round before it picked up as much so now at 8 rounds. Slightly uphill, mild breaker about 7 feet and immediately followed up with an easy 1 and a half footer. Going out in the morning so here's to 9:drinks:

Back