Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Very little but know what I like

Votes: 49 28.2%
  • Enough to be dangerous but need more knowledge

Votes: 86 49.4%
  • Not much and dont care

Votes: 22 12.6%

• Total voters
I know enough to know what works for me and my swing. I know enough to hold a decent conversation, but intricacies and in depth knowledge is what I lack.

I voted enough to be dangerous...... I know that 3 years ago S300 stiff shafts were recommended for my irons after a fitting.... but also know that unless I actually do get S300's that I have no idea what else would be appropriate for me.

Stiff has so many different interpretations nowadays, it is hard to know exactly what is proper for you without trying everything.

I will admit that I do know a little, but there's still a whole lot that I need to learn on them. I put a lot of trust in the guy that I use for fitting and he just tells me what I need.

I think with my lack of knowledge it comes down to not really knowing what shaft characteristics are best for my swing. Kick points, spin, flex, weight. Then add in the different OEM identifying characteristics and it becomes a gamble.

For instance, Gandura, I have no clue which would be a better fit. And at $300 + I don't feel trial
and error is the best method.

I know what I've been fit into for shafts, but I really don't understand the why.
I knew you could say it better!

I (sort of) know what I want out of a shaft as far as launch and flex is concerned, so I use that along with fitting guides and reviews on here to help me make decisions.

Enough to be dangerous for me. I'd like to know more.

Over the past 6 months ,I have gained knowledge from reading reviews and companies product lines. As the shaft pays a key role , I would like to gain more knowledge on this topic

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'd say I know more than I think, thanks to THP, but I would love to know more or be able to learn the profiles better so I could understand the differences and what fits what!

I voted enough to be dangerous, but more so for the end part of that answer "but need more knowledge".

I answered 'not much and don't care' only because 'not much yet but plan to learn more' wasn't an option

I want to say not enough and don't care, but the don't care part isn't accurate. I've learned a ton this year though, and it was fun doing so.

I know enough to be dangerous.. There is so much out there and this year has made me realize that I need to focus on it more.

I know enough to be dangerous. By that, I mean I know enough to worry about it but not to make proper choices. At this point I just look for weight in irons and how tip stiff a driver feels. I can interpret flex codes but until I swing something, I have no clue if it's going to work for me.

I'm in the very little but know what I like category. I've been through a good range of shafts and shaft profiles and I've realized what I prefer and that a lot of different weights, flexes and kick points work well for me. I enjoy learning more, but am also cautious about over tinkering or over thinking shafts which is pretty easy for me to do.

#HandCraftedExperience - what more can I ask for?

Not enough. But, want to learn more for sure.

Very little and want to know more.

Very little but I do know what feels right and gives me the proper flight. The more times I get on a simulator, the less I want to. I can tell all I need/want to know by watching ball flight, carry, and roll out. My missed shots and bogies are not the fault of my KBS Tour V110's or my Aldila Tour Greens.

I definitely need more shaft knowledge, I have a history of guessing what shaft would work for me before ordering online... the results are mixed at best. Getting fit is always the answer, but sometimes the clubs (and shaft selection) to test in my area are limited

When you say enough to be dangerous. Is that a good thing or a bad? :act-up: As in, I'm dangerous to myself and others because I think I know what I'm talking about, but in fact I don't.

I voted "I know enough" because I read up on shafts, tests with them, and corresponding data (probably too much). But knowing a lot about the specifications and typical ideas of what shafts work for who doesn't guarantee anything when it comes to matching a shaft with the idiosyncrasies of an individual and his/her swing.

I think it's interesting that variances in torque in otherwise identical shafts doesn't affect performance on a robot, but can make a player see different results because of the "feel" aspect that comes with variances in torque. Or that someone could technically not have the swing speed for a certain shaft/flex, but perform well with it because of their tempo, transition, or how/where/when they apply force to the shaft in their swing.

Very little, but I am always curious to learn more. I know what works for me, but I don't think I understand enough of the why

After visiting Project X I feel I know a lot more about driver shafts, how they are constructed and what makes them tick. Irons shafts are whole new ballgame I fear.

I've been fortunate enough to be educated by some of the best in the industry, plus, doing what I do there has been a ton of research on my part to learn more to be able to help others.

i marked that i know enough to be dangerous, and by that i mean i know enough to think i know enough but i don't know enough to actually know enough. so basically, i'm wrong more often than i'm right.

Back