How much spin do you expect from your set PW on monitor?

Knuckle ball it. I blade it all the time lol

Depends on the shot I’m hitting I guess. Full swing 8500 and up I guess

New ball today and still right at 110 mph and 7400 spin. 7357 to be precise.

Being in the 6's is not all that unusual for me.

Being in the 6's is not all that unusual for me.
And does that seem like the right range with your ZX4 MK IIs? The flight and stopping power you want?

That's part of this question. What you play is a big part of what's going to be best for you and your gapping and flight. Yet so many people still have a number in their head that they think is what's right, regardless of that.

And does that seem like the right range with your ZX4 MK IIs? The flight and stopping power you want?

That's part of this question. What you play is a big part of what is going to be best for you and your gapping and flight. Yet do many people still have a number in their head that they think is what's right, regardless of that.

It certainly works fine, all things considered. I am low spin to start, and then you put the ZX4's in there and the numbers definitely aren't going to impress any internet fitters 😅 For me, things gap and I can stop the ball well enough in normal conditions. The dirty truth is that the lower spin gives me a little more carry than I deserve and I'm just fine with that.

I'd love to have the ball speed and spin to send up shots like some of the guys here hit. It's really just so cool to see how high and far people are able to hit the ball. For me, it's really about getting the absolute most out of what I have to offer. A little less spin just doesn't phase me.

Knuckle ball it. I blade it all the time lol
So I tried it out on the sim so no I couldn’t get 2300 i got a wrapping 4120

I'm actually not sure what the numbers look like for me. I'm guessing based off what I normally see with 7i somewhere around 8K.

I'm actually not sure what the numbers look like for me. I'm guessing based off what I normally see with 7i somewhere around 8K.
When's the last time to you took a look at them?

When's the last time to you took a look at them?
I was on the Trackman about a week ago and hit a couple of PW's to warm up - I didn't really take a look at any numbers other than path/face unfortunately. I am pretty low-spin with irons so I have to assume it would be on the lower end of "acceptable".

I was on the Trackman about a week ago and hit a couple of PW's to warm up - I didn't really take a look at any numbers other than path/face unfortunately. I am pretty low-spin with irons so I have to assume it would be on the lower end of "acceptable".
Well 8k with a 7i isn't low spin. 🤔

Well 8k with a 7i isn't low spin. 🤔
8K is my hypothetical PW number - I usually hover around the 5K mark no matter the head/shaft combo with 7i. Seems bizarre that in a year or so we went from trying to kill spin to chasing it 🤷‍♂️

8K is my hypothetical PW number - I usually hover around the 5K mark no matter the head/shaft combo with 7i. Seems bizarre that in a year or so we went from trying to kill spin to chasing it 🤷‍♂️
😆 My bad. On the move and lost which thread I was in.

So yeah that all makes sense for you.

Oh that's what we do in golf, right? Corrections, over corrections, and more corrections back the other direction!

Last edited:
I expect around 8500. As my swing speed with PW in the 75 range and ball I use more distance oriented than spinning.

Back