How much would you pay for green fees on vacation?

What is the max amount you would pay for a normal resort course on vacation?

• Under $100

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • $100-$200

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • $200-$300

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • $300+

Votes: 19 21.8%

• Total voters
I have no problem spending $250 for a well-rated course while on vacation. If I'm on vacation, I'm there to golf. With that said, I'm heading to Phoenix in a month's time for a little get-together with other THPers, and I'm not going to play courses nobody's heard of. Rates are higher than I normally play, but I may never get to the area again and tomorrow is not guaranteed. I'm going to enjoy myself while I'm there, and that includes playing some top-end courses.

I've paid $300+ so I guess that's my answer, but I expect a certain experience for it. Some of those mentioned would fall short at that price probably. You mentioned Tobacco being less, but it's also ridiculously overpriced for what you get. Only reason I'm all smiles about those memories is because it was with THPers.

I realized I didn’t answer the question.

I think the course quality is gonna determine that. If someone said hey, we’re going to Long Island and we’re gonna play a public course out there and it’s gonna be 400 bucks. It’s just a local muni that isn’t Bethpage. Me: 😐. Hey! No thanks.

Vs Hey, we’re going to Long Island and we got onto Shinnecock. It’s gonna be 400. Uhh, I’m contemplating calling ahead and prepaying so they can’t realize they’ve made a mistake.
Kind of ditto for me. When we travel I do try to find those multiple courses that everyone knows about and they are highly ranked. When you travel these courses are not something you get to play every day. So while I'm in that area I'll try my best to get on the course and play it. Are lives are short, live them to the fullest whenever possible.

id pay a few hundy for a high quality resort course , even if it wasn't a life changing bucket list type thing..

I imagine courses like Banff, or places like greenbrier in WV or anything like that is gonna be in that range

Heck, Le Diable in Mont Tremblant QC is like 200 CAD

Playing Baltusrol with the Caddy cost was getting into that range

So yeah i'll go 300+

I've paid more for excellent, high ranked courses (Tobacco Road, Pine Needles, Royal Dornoch, etc), but for the non marquee resort courses, keeping it under $200 feels right to me.

I did a lot of golf travel, often at considerable expense, back in the day. Now I am pretty much, “been there, done that” and am not willing to fly anywhere for golf or to spend hundreds of dollars.

Generally I am not looking to spend more than a hundred dollars for a round of golf. The only world-class courses I can think of that might be worth splurging on are just way out of my league nowadays ($400? $500? maybe more) so not gonna happen.

Kind of ditto for me. When we travel I do try to find those multiple courses that everyone knows about and they are highly ranked. When you travel these courses are not something you get to play every day. So while I'm in that area I'll try my best to get on the course and play it. Are lives are short, live them to the fullest whenever possible.
Bingo. If I go to Vegas, odds are I’m not getting on Shadow Creek, so I’m not sweating it. If I got the invite? I mean… How the crap tables feelin tonight, we gotta find a way to subsidize this haha

One can easily pay $100 per person for what may be a regrettable vacation dinner these days. My limit depends on the course, the vacation spot, and if golf is part of the vacation plan. I tend to avoid golf resort accommodations since the several hundred dollars PER PERSON nightly rate bothers me way more than the high greens fee.

I would be ok paying in the 200 to 300 range for a great vacation course. I also have no problem play a much cheaper local track while on vacation either and unless the other course are really nice may go with the cheaper ones around.

I voted <$100. Being retired, I don't have the amount of disposable income I once had. When I was working and making a good living, I would vote $100-200, keeping in mind that when I was working (retired in 2009), green fees weren't as expensive as they are today.

IF i play on vaca i want to stay around 60-85 bucks, that is unless it's a once in a lifetime course. But i will also say that when the Bestest half and I go on vacation, i generally do not take my clubs, its time to be spent with my wife on vacation somewhere and its usually a destination trip. If i am playing golf, its a golf trip and planned with friends and i know what green fees are already

Well considering I just spent a week at Hilton Head & I played Harbor Town at $500 green fee. :eek:

1711383288234.png
1711383362119.png

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
If I'm playing multiple rounds on a trip my baseline is about $100. Willing to go more for the right course but typically sprinkle in some cheaper ones too. My typical group is still checking off $100-$200 courses we want to play so we haven't really done any of the bucket list stuff yet. Always exceptions like THP trips and things like that. If I was staying at a nice resort for non-golf specific reasons, I might splurge for the resort course just for convenience.

Voted 2-3 but would go up a little depending on group and course.

I’m on vacation, so if there’s a good course nearby, I’m paying the fee. I payed $450 to play Quivira in Cabo and it was one of the best $450’s I’ve ever spent.

I paid $110 to play Nags Head, but should have bought a new fishing rod instead.

Definitely some good points. Right now most of our vacations are golf vacations! $300 for 6 rounds is a bit much unless it is a Bandon type place. In FL we picked what I call tier 2 and 3 courses. Tier 1 would be like Bay Hill, Sawgrass, maybe Palm Beach, Streamwood, etc. Tier 2 was still $200 a round but you got some good conditions.
It really depends on the course.
What courses? I just got back from a non golfing trip down there and am planning on bringing the clubs for the next one. I was looking at the 3 course pass with Cabo Real, Pureto Los Cabos and Club Campestre
I played Cabo Real in November of 2022. I think we paid around 160 to 180. Could be off a little, but the course was in good shape and thought it was worth it.

What courses? I just got back from a non golfing trip down there and am planning on bringing the clubs for the next one. I was looking at the 3 course pass with Cabo Real, Pureto Los Cabos and Club Campestre
That one is the best package that you don't have to stay at a specific resort. Skip Cabo Real as it is in terrible shape right now after neglected irrigation problems. Play Puerto twice with different routing but try to play Norman twice.

Back