How much would you pay for green fees on vacation?

What is the max amount you would pay for a normal resort course on vacation?

• Under $100

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • $100-$200

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • $200-$300

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • $300+

Votes: 19 21.8%

• Total voters

Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Title says it all

Excluding once in a lifetime bucket list courses like a Pebble or Tara Iti or Shadow Creek, how much would you pay for a round at a resort course on vacation?

Settle a debate for us here. I would pay $300 at a Cabot/Dream Golf type of place with established quality and experience but wouldn't pay more than $200 unless we had a golf package that meant for a discount at other resort courses. Everything is subjective and everyone has a different budget. I was surprised to see some nice but mundane courses in FL and the Caribbean (like I would pay $300 for Teeth of the Dog but not for a hotel golf course like the Bavaro, etc). I mean we played Tobacco and Pine Needles for less. Spruce Peak in VT is charging over $250 for a round without a range or other amenities. You can get the same mountain experience at Sugarloaf or Sunday River in ME for half or less.

$200-$300 is about my limit unless it's a lifetime bucket list course, as you said.

$50-$65.

A golf trip I would have budgeted to play some of the best examples of golf in the area I am playing. If it is a vacation where golf isn't the most important thing I would be a little more frugal as time is the most important consideration then. I would say I would go $150 max on vacation.

If on on Vacation and assuming I’m only playing once I’d expect to pay $200-300 including rentals for a nice course

It really depends on the location, and the frequency we are playing.

I'm down to take a couple hundred dollar run on a nice course if it's a one and done. If it's a weekend getaway with the boys, I'd rather be in the 50-85 dollar range because that amount of golf does not necessitate high end product. I'll save those moments for when we get spoiled at a THP event.

Normal rules go out the window on vacation. We either go big or not at all. No corner cutting.

Will you really miss the money? Memories last a lifetime.

25 years ago I paid $115 for a course in the Virgin Islands; probably still close to my limit.

Last edited:
Excluding those special courses, I’m saying between $100 and $150. I’d rather play more golf than expensive golf.

It really depends on the location, and the frequency we are playing.

I'm down to take a couple hundred dollar run on a nice course if it's a one and done. If it's a weekend getaway with the boys, I'd rather be in the 50-85 dollar range because that amount of golf does not necessitate high end product. I'll save those moments for when we get spoiled at a THP event.
This is where I’m at too

$300+/- is not a problem if I want to play the course. Just depends on where I'm at, and the course.

I've found that most of the more pricey courses also require some sort of caddy fee in addition to their green fees.

$25-$30 a hole might make me think about it.

Depends on if your domestic or international travelling , in which case exchange rates also influence cost ..

If you’re only there once …. Don’t regret not walking on to thee … and playing .

Those days are memories that can’t be repeated …it’s the whole experience

If it’s domestic it’s far more achievable

I wouldn't cheap out on the golf for a golf vacation. If it's a normal vacation where you're just bringing clubs, then maybe you can be more price sensitive.

With most courses out this way now between 80-100 and not anything special, I picked $200 for a cap unless a bucket course. Have to double whatever number as the boss will also be playing.

I'll look over a few options and make a decision. I've paid alot for golf but definitely don't seek it out if there are other options.

Hilton head for example. I chose to play the Atlantic dunes course opposed to Harbor Town to save a few bucks. But PGA Frisco we splurged on east course more than west just due to it being the more desirable track.

I paid ~$250 to play Mayakoba a few months ago. With rental clubs and ride along wife the total was a little more than $300. I didn’t think that was too bad for a bucket list check off.

A destination course could be $300+ and I’d be ok with it, but most courses I’d hope for staying under the $200 mark.

A recent trek down to NC for a THP event saw a few rounds before around $200 but I was not sure when I’d ever get back down to the area. Spend some $ to make some lasting memories.

Really depends. Could be anything from 50-300 +

I’ve played some nice resort courses in the past but I don’t find them worth paying $200-$300 for 4 hours.

It all depends really.
If we are talking a bucket list course I will pay whatever, If it's just a regular course probably no more than $200

I'd be fine paying $300+ as long as the course is awesome. It's vacation so you have to splurge a little, right?
Well, kind of. There is a difference between splurging bending over. There is absolutely no way to justify $300.00 for a round of golf,anywhere, other than the fact that there are suckers willing to pay it.

If I’m on vacation and take an aside to play golf maybe 150ish. If it’s a golf trip then I don’t know.

Well, kind of. There is a difference between splurging bending over. There is absolutely no way to justify $300.00 for a round of golf,anywhere, other than the fact that there are suckers willing to pay it.
We can't all be as wise as you. Maybe someday. :rolleyes:

Definitely some good points. Right now most of our vacations are golf vacations! $300 for 6 rounds is a bit much unless it is a Bandon type place. In FL we picked what I call tier 2 and 3 courses. Tier 1 would be like Bay Hill, Sawgrass, maybe Palm Beach, Streamwood, etc. Tier 2 was still $200 a round but you got some good conditions.

Back