How often do you dine/drink at your club?

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
Today, I realized outside of a cup of coffee, all my food and beverage for the day has been at the club. I had lunch here and now dinner with a drink.

On average, I guess I eat 20% of my weekly meals here and hit the bar at least once per week. I never have to worry about covering F&B minimums.

So, for those that belong to a club, how often do you use the restaurant/bar?

Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

One to three times a week, just depends on the week and how annoyed I am. Just about every Thursday come to think of it.

This is dinner. The food is so dang good here!!!
IMG_0305.jpeg

Looking at my bills from last year, too often :cool:

In season, I eat there 2-3 times a week. Off season, I may stop once or twice a month.

Once a week usually. Would be more if we were closer and/or they changed the menu more frequently

The food at my club is not the greatest and is overpriced. I order takeout a lot during the summer for my wife. We do have an awesome brick pizza oven though. I would say 1-2x a week during the season.

Once a week usually. Would be more if we were closer and/or they changed the menu more frequently
When I was on the board we requested menu changes. Our direction was make a menu like you serve when we are at board meetings. It was the best decision. Our food is so good now.

We still have the “family friendly” food like burgers and chicken fingers. Everything is so good.

The food at my club is not the greatest and is overpriced. I order takeout a lot during the summer for my wife. We do have an awesome brick pizza oven though. I would say 1-2x a week during the season.
The big reason I eat here so often is the price. I can go to Subway and get a 12” sandwich, bag of chips and a soda for $16 or I can come here and get a phenomenal buffet for $17.

The big reason I eat here so often is the price. I can go to Subway and get a 12” sandwich, bag of chips and a soda for $16 or I can come here and get a phenomenal buffet for $17.
I think a cup of cold French Onion soup is $17 at my club.

I think a cup of cold French Onion soup is $17 at my club.
We have 2 homemade soups a day and it’s $8 with refills. Wednesday Gumbo day is legendary.

The only problem with homemade soups is if the regular soup chef is out, it can be a crap shoot. The kitchen one time changed the andouille sausage and you would think the world was about to end.

When I was on the board we requested menu changes. Our direction was make a menu like you serve when we are at board meetings. It was the best decision. Our food is so good now.

We still have the “family friendly” food like burgers and chicken fingers. Everything is so good.
We have an old block of members with terrible taste. Haha. They lose their mind when anything changes, and have a lot more time to complain.

Can always get a good steak which is nice. But theres only room for a few unique rotating dishes. They can be really good but tiresome after a couple months.

This is dinner. The food is so dang good here!!!
View attachment 9237992
That steak looks fantastic.

The fat side of me wishes we had a slightly healthier option for a dinner that wasn’t something weird like a salad with salmon. While that’s good, I wouldn’t hate like a nicely done chicken breast with sautéed vegetables or something like that. Just give me a lot of chicken and vegetables so I can hate myself a little less for always ordering a pretty solid burger.

We have an old block of members with terrible taste. Haha. They lose their mind when anything changes, and have a lot more time to complain.

Can always get a good steak which is nice. But theres only room for a few unique rotating dishes. They can be really good but tiresome after a couple months.
That is how it was when I was on the board. But we made a decision to stop catering to the ones that had a foot in the grave and focused on
The next generation of core members.

Food at our club is kind of like bar food. It's OK, but not great. However, we have a new chef and there are plans to have dinner menu. Also, the steaks at the special events are really good.

The food at my club isn't fancy, but it's damn good. I eat lunch there 2-3 days a week after my rounds.

Probably 1-2 times a week during the season I'll eat while there. Never gone for a night out dinner, my wife has no desire to go.

It used to be a couple times a week and definitely a breakfast.

Sadly, they have priced themselves out of relevance to me. Once every couple weeks now, probably.

We have no minimums and in fact get member discounts. The food is really good but generally expensive. That being said, they have a weekday members social hours from 2-6pm with a limited menu that’s cheap and good. Small pizza, 6 wings, a big burger and fries each $8.00. I will usually have a beer after a round, and my wife and I hit the social hour 4-5 times a month. Dinner is quite expensive so we don’t do that much.

Our minimums are $60 April -November. Usually doesn't take much in the month to get to that.

2-3 times per month. We are lucky to not have a food & beverage monthly minimum.

We use eat and drink at our local muni 19th quite often. They had the best prices, and food offerings in town.

Over the past year, other than an occasional soda at the turn, we don't buy anything there anymore. Pretty much because their prices have almost doubled, while the food/drink portions have become smaller.

Just not worth it.

I will have lunch after playing 1-3 times a week depending on my schedule. Dinner is kind of a once a month thing. My club is 25 minutes from my house and kind of a drive to grab dinner.

We have an $800 seasonal minimum which runs from roughly 5/1 to 10/31. My lunches and stuff at the turn are usually enough to use up the minimum. Our food is quite good but it isn't inexpensive.

15 years at the club and I barely covered minimums.

Back