How often do you try a new putter grip?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
A Rosemark grip thread recently got me thinking. How often do you try a new putter grip? Not talking about changing it up to crosshanded or claw style, but the grip itself. Be it a different size, brand, or something a little more unconventional. Or do you tend to just stick with what you know? If you don't change often, what is holding you back?

Pretty rarely. It takes a really cool story or review opportunity for me to change nowadays.

Not very often. I have my likes and I am pretty particular about grips in general.

Rarely. Once I started putting with an Evnroll Gravity Grip, I was hooked.

Only when I get a new putter. I’ll use the grip it comes with for a bit before eventually changing it for the usual one

This is the best..

image.jpg

I’ve tried quite a few to try to kick out a SS but I keep going back to one. Haven’t really tried recently. Had the SS on both putters all year

Never… and I need to. Still on the stock pistolini putter grip but really wanting to try something new

But I’d always be willing to give something a try depending on the story or tech of one!

Since the recent switch to Garsen Max then Ultimate, not sure I'll be changing it up unless it's in a new flatstick itself.

I'd really like a putter fitting that focuses on the grip, just like all fittings there has to be some real science between hands, grip, shaft, neck and head that I'm missing out on.

I've been settled on the 13.75" SS 3.0+ for quite some time. I've tried grips that come on new putters, but always go back to what I prefer.

So outside of it coming on a new putter, I dont try new too often.

Recently tried the SS fitting. It put me in a 2.0 which I hadn’t tried. Limited time but enjoying it so far. I like to mix it up a bit.

I actually really like the Lab grips and hate my
Odyssey grip. So I may swap it out

I’ve really like the SS Traxion 2.0 since I got my Cobra Nova 40 in the 2021 MC and plan to stick with it for awhile!

I am finally comfortable with my putter and have no desire to change.

I tried the Garsen Max grip a few months ago and liked it so much I've stuck with it. Not sure I'll be switching to anything else any time soon.

Had OEM SS on my O works putter till
It wore down and through …

Have used SS previously , liked the grip but felt there was something better they had …

New grip , see pic ., with the “flatso” style , feels , comfortably square in my hands …

Iam not a grip changer , per se , but certainly need bigger diameter grip that’s complimentary to club performance .

And very happily putt away , if it works don’t tinker with it …. If not find better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 3
Not often as when I find one that works I tend to stick with it. Doesn’t mean I don’t test or try at the store it’s just means it has to be an absolute incredible grip to get me to change my current.

I’d say on average every 3-4 years I will try something new or upgrade to a new update. Recently put on a a SS Zerergy grip on my Toulon Las Vegas and made a huge difference. Will pickup a couple this February when Golftown has their annual 40% off sale.

For those of you that prefer a particular grip, is it the same regardless of the putter style?

I’ve fiddled around quite a bit with weight, counterweight, and grips this year. Curiosity killed the cat and all that. I have 2 NP2’s, an Anser 2, 7CH and now a 7DB. The Anser 2 seems to only work with a PP58. Nostalgia putter anyway as I’ve played it for years. It seems like the NP2’s are best with either a pistol grip of some sort or the slimmer 1.0 SS. The 2.0 just never felt right. As for the 7’s, the slim pistol grips and PP58’s seem way “off”. Midsize or larger pistol grips are just ok. When I put on the SS 2.0’s it’s like another world. Just seems to match up well with the head for some reason.

Not sure why or how, but it’s fun to play with. I’d show you the full list, but then I might get hauled away…..

I tend to stick with what feels good and that is the Superstroke Pistol 2.0

I'll be going through this shortly. I've only used 3 different style of grips in 40 years . Seems the fools of the golf world feel the need to jack up the price of a $25 grip to over $100. That's a negative for me. Off to experiment with a few different ones

Last edited:
Very rarely. Recently tried the Garsen Max grip on a new putter, but found myself going back to the old putter, gonna replace the max with my normal grip soon.

In my personal findings, the correct grip makes a WORLD of difference. I think it’s as particular as one might prepare his or her coffee. Sure there’s a lot of data supports the why’s and how’s, but you’re the one who gets to drink it.

Options are always good!

Back