How To Play Ballyhack Hole 4

This hole uses the landscape in such a beautiful way!

I would still hit driver since my goal yardage for my approach would still require a long club off the tee dep[ending on tee box. Maybe my 3h but that hill would be a nice thing to catch as a landing zone.

I am aiming at the bunker and my natural fade(slice) should keep me right of it giving me a direct shot into the green. That is the hopeful path I would take.

Welp, I would probably only get one shot at playing Ballyhack in my life so, ok…let’s go boys! Full send!
I am probably going full send. Not great for the team and will probably never be invited back, but ALL GUNS BLAZING! Ok not really I am going to listen to @JB and @smgoldstein and @JasonFinleyCG since they are all insanely good. I am going out there with the best intentions and the worst golf game of the bunch :LOL::LOL:

Driver, no doubt, started to the left of the fairway bunker, to allow it to fade back into the fairway.

I'm not sure how you hit anything but driver here, especially if playing the Ballyhack or Big Lick tees. Aim point for me is center/center left of the bunker.

Hitting driver, aiming at the bunker and hoping for my usual slight draw.

Tees were up this week, playing only ~375 yds. You needed ~195, still over the left edge of the bunker, to carry the rough in the center and get to the bottom. 3W was a much better choice, especially if your miss is left. That deep rough is penal.

1663971870406.png

I piped 3i on both rounds to the base of the fairway. Wedge in.

Hybrid to the left but got a bit left than I wanted and had to club up on the iron when it got in the rough. Hindsight I should have pulled 4-5 iron and just ran the hill with a slight fade

Back