How To Play Ballyhack Hole 4

Work computer is blocking the link to the fly by, but from what I am seeing I am thinking hitting my utility and leaving a short iron to the green.

That narrow piece on the right looks like a massive slope where the ball would be well below my feet, so a massive drive power fade starting up the left side is my play if I'm feeling frosty, but if I have a good round it'll just be a 4w to get to that plateau

@JB when you played there for Shaft Up did you guys play the Blue Ridge tees or a combo of Blue Ridge/Ballyhack?

That course is gorgeous. I'd probably try to aim at that bunker and hit driver up the left-hand side and see if I could put myself in a good position. Going right would probably be a poor play for me here as I think I'd rather have my approach slightly downhill than uphill.

I’m going to go with the hit it hard route. We’ll see what happens after that 😂

I take a driver and aim for that rough section in the middle of the fairway levels. I never hit where I aim, so that means I'll be left or right of that rough section. Then short iron into the green hopefully 🤞

I would hit driver, aim at the bunker and see where i end up. Figure if i aim for the bunker i am less likely to end up in it. Hopefully, give myself a mid-low iron shot in to the green from there.

@JB when you played there for Shaft Up did you guys play the Blue Ridge tees or a combo of Blue Ridge/Ballyhack?
We played the combo tees the first day and decided to play the longer tees (Ballyhack?) for the second day since it was a driver and shaft event. It plays considerably shorter than the scorecard yardage.

The plan: Left fairway to ride the slope down leaving a short iron in.

The execution: Push slice off the planet, take partner’s tee ball, duff it out of the rough and scramble for too many. It doesn’t need extra to catch the slope. In retrospect a free driver swing to the left fairway should be more than enough to end up in good position.

Since I’ll be playing it for a Titleist event Where we are getting new drivers, I’m banging driver.

Aim left edge of left fairway, hit fade to center or right edge, leaving a 5H to 7i in.

Ripping driver and watching intently for the result. Very curious where this one ends up! the approach shot is no joke! Bunkers are treacherous.

Another Hybrid odf the tee hole for me. Just hit it straighter so the tight fairways force that on me. Now do I want a downhill lie? Not sure.

My hybrid is about 230 to 250 depending on how flush I hit it so a 8 or a 9 in sounds about right

I’m sending one up the left side and hope the fade gets a favorable bounce to maximize carry and set up a decent look into the green

Beautiful hole. I am probably taking my 3-wood (enough to catch the hill) and aiming up the far left side. If I miss left it looks like everything feeds right and down. I would need to miss waaaay right to get into trouble.

Welp, I would probably only get one shot at playing Ballyhack in my life so, ok…let’s go boys! Full send!

My gut says 5 hybrid to 210 but realistically I would be screwed on approach from that distance and am not that consistent. I think I would go 3 hybrid or 3 wood and try to catch the downslope and give myself a chance at an easier approach. Probably putting up a big number on this one but I love the unique hole setup!

Driver for sure and then whatever that leaves me in.
Gonna go with this. If you weren’t worried about the bunker out there and carrying it, I’m guessing it wasn’t in play for you. Gonna guess it’s not quite in play unless you just mishit it

The video shows it off a bit better.
Its a little slanted.
Yeah, I was seeing that. Looks like maybe dry hot summer weather would probably kick it on through the fairway into that long rough and maybe a little wetter and lush weather might hold it a little better.

Driver to left side of the fairway. If it catches the slope, you're in good position. If not, you have a downhill shot to the green, so it plays a little shorter.

Personally, I like to play as close as possible to that valley on the right. Or in it. :LOL:

This hole looks hard as hell. Hit a really good shot to the middle portion and the hills could easily add enough roll to knock it out of play.

Just somewhere past the bunker maybe? Like 250ish? Like a 5 wood or 7 wood and then hopefully a 7 iron in.

I'd definitely try and stick left on the fairway so the angle in is to go long (not short where the left bunkers are) and maybe use the hill behind the green as a backstop

250 Yard shot over the middle/left side of that bunker

Back