How to Regrip Your Clubs

i not only regrip my own clubs when needed but also for other golfing friends. It's really pretty simple.

Awesome video... Did you get any footage of him installing an Align grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome video... Did you get any footage of him installing an Align grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. That should be coming in the future.

Fantastic video! The heat on tape is a great tip. And I concur, pulling the hook blade toward you is not a good idea....might know from experience.

Really enjoyed the video. Been doing most of the stuff shown, including heating the tape with a heat gun, but still not to watch an expert and did pick up a few good tips.

Great video there. I learnt how to change my grips myself through THP a few years ago, now id never pay anyone to do it. I didnt know cord grips would do that when you twist them. I dont have a decent air compressor so its always solvent for me.

That was a great video. I usually like the shorter 1 to 2 minute videos, but I was able to watch this one all the way through. Good info.

Great lesson in re-gripping, he made it seem so easy. I will definitely have to try it myself.

do any of you blown grip devotees use a bit of solvent to help get them on? Do you use a special grip blower tool, or just an air nozzle in the end hole?
I ask because my one attempt at blowing on grips was not very succesful. I was trying to get a rosemark oversided putter grip on. Pretty much destroyed the grip. I would love to be able to do it successfully for my putter as I constantly want to try new grips on that club.

Putter grips are a bit of a beotch, to be honest. I've had big issues with SuperStrokes, too.
I just blue tape and water. I have a fatter than usual tube-thingy air tool that I cut down to like an inch long; no special tool. It fits tight in the grip hole. :rolleyes: Make sure it's clamped down SOLIDLY and push like the dickens once you get it started. I put the head up against the wall so it won't push away from me.

do any of you blown grip devotees use a bit of solvent to help get them on? Do you use a special grip blower tool, or just an air nozzle in the end hole?
I ask because my one attempt at blowing on grips was not very succesful. I was trying to get a rosemark oversided putter grip on. Pretty much destroyed the grip. I would love to be able to do it successfully for my putter as I constantly want to try new grips on that club.

I have not used solvent. I found this $6 tool from Home Depot to be ideal for blowing them on:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Pistol-Grip-Blow-Gun-HDA50400AV/100064491

My Rosemark Thorn putter grip has enough seams at the top that blowing it on was not an option. I applied some water to the grip tape and slid it on by hand.

I would recommend using the method in the THP TV episode. Then you know you are getting it right, and can make minor adjustments with no issues.

I would recommend using the method in the THP TV episode. Then you know you are getting it right, and can make minor adjustments with no issues.

I typically tape/solvent all my grips. I really want an easy way to test and exchange putter grips without ruining them.

Well just regripped my clubs for the first time. This video helped me out a ton! It really was pretty easy!

Back