How warm must it be for you to be in shorts?

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wear shorts 100% of the time I play golf. Even wore those stupid knee high socks a few times when they were required to wear shorts. Shorts and a ski cap on top is very common for me. I walk most of the time. So how warm must it be for you to be in your shorts?

Anything over about 60-65° before I’m wanting shorts.

Typically once hits 60-65 and walking.

Used to be about 50s now probably closer to 70s

Depends on the season. It could be 45-50 in the spring and I will have shorts on but in the fall those some temperatures will require pants.

50-60 degrees is comfortable for me to wear shorts. It also depends on if there is any wind, or not.
I'm pretty much the same. If there is any doubt I will wear my rain pants over my shorts until its warm enough.

If it is too cold for shorts, I don't bother playing. 50 degrees or higher for me.

Mid to high 50's.

65°+. I grew up in a warm climate and in NEO I'm almost always cold.

70 for me, but then again, I also enjoy wearing pants on course. My white legs might blind my playing partners.

I wear shorts 99% of the time. I can count on one hand the times I wore pants to golf. @Nate says I'm crazy, but as long as my upper body is covered/comfortable, I am good to go.

60ish. I would rather be a bit warm than too cold.

I always play in shorts so as long as its warm enough to allow golfers on course its warm enough for me.

Generally 60-65, but that depends on if it is a sunny 60-65 opposed to a cloudy 60-65. Windy plays a factor as well.

50 degrees.

Mid 50's if walking but if I am riding then mid 60's.

I wore shorts on Sunday when walking round with one of the beginner groups and it was about 7-8*C

Although I did have my waterproofs on over the top due to how wet it was

40* and higher. Anything lower than that I'm usually not playing golf, I'm hunting. (y) And I don't have any Camo shorts :ROFLMAO:

Mid 30’s if I’m walking. High 40’s if I’m taking a cart unless it’s extremely windy or wet

Low 50’s and above if it’s not windy. Last Saturday in Phoenix it was high 40’s when we teed off early for our 36 hole day and I had my usual cool weather pants over shorts attire on. By the 8th hole it was warm enough for me to shed the pants and it was 78* by our afternoon round. Us Minnesotan’s know how to layer for any type of weather.;)

4DC17544-A3E9-4170-AA7B-20BA615CDCF9.jpeg;)

Last edited:
Back