Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
I know there are a couple of THP'ers that are possibly in the path of this storm. This looks to be a pretty strong storm especially for the areas that it is targeting. Please stay safe out there.

Thanks. Keeping an eye on it trying to decide if I should stay or leave; most likely will stay. Looks like it will be between a 1 and a 2 when it hits SE VA. Figuring I will be without power for a while. Hopefully it won't be 2 weeks like when Isabel came through years ago.

Raleigh should be getting some nice wind and rain with this hurricane. I think I will make a nice pot roast tomorrow. I don't know why I shared that:yin-yang:

Hurricanes are nuts, idk how you guys on the east coast can deal with them. Stay safe everyone!

Looks like we will be getting some of it here too. Isabelle did a lot of damage a few years ago here, hopefully Irene doesn't. I like having power and running water.

What's funny is that I'm actually leaving Boston to head to Texas for a wedding...and now I'm trying to figure out when I'm actually going to be able to get back to Boston. My flight back is supposed to be on Sunday night, right when the hurricane comes through Massachusetts. Luckily I don't have to work until late on Monday night, but even getting back for that is up in the air right now!

By the way, people up here have no effing clue of what to do if a hurricane is approaching. It makes me laugh, because I grew up in South Carolina. Of course, they always know what to do around here when a 2-foot snowstorm is approaching.

Wishing the best for all the East coast THPers.... hurricanes are not pleasant. Believe me I went thru enough of em here in New Orleans.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Batten down your hatches guys, and stay safe.

Don't screw around. Stay safe.

It's hitting Delaware dead on Sunday as a cat 2 ...:(

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Irene threatened but missed me in Orlando. My son lives in Raleigh, my daughter in New York city. Are we targets or what?

The last hurricane that came through Delaware and the surrounding areas caused a lot of flooding. Mainly just lots of wind and rain. But I remember having to try 4 different ways to get home because roads were washed out or flooded. This looks like it might be much of the same. And we just switched back to Directv so that means no tv lol

pfffft.....after the earthquake this is just a little rain shower. Hitting the course tomorrow before the rain comes

The last hurricane that came through Delaware and the surrounding areas caused a lot of flooding. Mainly just lots of wind and rain. But I remember having to try 4 different ways to get home because roads were washed out or flooded. This looks like it might be much of the same. And we just switched back to Directv so that means no tv lol

You're not at the cable company anymore Kevin? Sorry if I missed you talking about this before.

2 full propane tanks, extra case of bottled water, 2 cases of beer (what can I say they were on sale!), lots of spare batteries and flash lights, now if I can just get the damn generator to run properly we are all set! Hope everyone stays safe and that we all don't end up sitting in the dark for two weeks like we did when Isabelle tore through.....

You're not at the cable company anymore Kevin? Sorry if I missed you talking about this before.

I am. But the full time job with them fell through so their cable service at my house fell through too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Hurricanes are nuts, idk how you guys on the east coast can deal with them. Stay safe everyone!

East coast?? Try living in the Gulf south!! Hurricane Gustav knocked our power out for 2 weeks at this same time 3 years ago.

Just think of it.....no electricity in south Louisiana at the end of August, beg. of Sept., 95 degrees with 100% humidity. Was brutal...

Here's hoping for the best for those in the path of Irene. Stock up on everything early. People get crazier as the storm gets closer about getting the stuff they need!!

It must be pretty big as we're bracing for it here and we only see the rare storm. It usually dies down by the time it reaches this far north but we've been getting notices to prepare.

East coast?? Try living in the Gulf south!! Hurricane Gustav knocked our power out for 2 weeks at this same time 3 years ago.

Just think of it.....no electricity in south Louisiana at the end of August, beg. of Sept., 95 degrees with 100% humidity. Was brutal...

Here's hoping for the best for those in the path of Irene. Stock up on everything early. People get crazier as the storm gets closer about getting the stuff they need!!

I was in Lowes last night getting a new filter for our AC/furnace and a couple of new vertical blinds. People were mobbing the flashlights & batteries. If you don't have what you need by now it's already too late here in MD. I'm hoping that the grocery won't be wiped out because I want to do our normal between pay period food shopping for next week early since I have a feeling getting out Sunday might be a little chaotic. Although I probably already missed the boat on that.

Take care all of you that might be affected by this. My best wishes are with you.

I am. But the full time job with them fell through so their cable service at my house fell through too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Bummer.

University of Delaware just postponed their opening weekend festivities 'until further notice'.....not good...unless you're already there having a hurricane party

Eh it'll be no big deal. But they did a mandatory evacuation down in Ocean City MD and boy were a ton of cars coming through DE.

All the panic over these things makes me giggle. On a serious note though I hope everyone makes it through safe and sound. It looks like the rain bands will be here shortly.

Hope it's not too bad. It could be a long day or days at work

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Back