Hypothetical question

So about a year then generally.
Well I mean we start hearing about and then seeing and hitting things about.. 9-11 months after usually, depending on how quick you got them. Start doing some casual diligence. Definitely most of a year. Well a year, because even if you like the new stuff you can't get it quite yet. And sometimes the new line isn't any better for a particular person. A fit's a fit. I still have and play TCBs after a year and a half, and just moved my ZX7s that I had months before the U.S release. That's been a long while.

Last edited:
As long as it keeps working well for me!

with a proper fitting, I can't see it not working for quite awhile

Well I mean we start hearing about and then seeing and hitting things about.. 9-11 months after usually, depending on how quick you got them. Start doing some casual diligence. Definitely most of a year. Well a year, because even if you like the new stuff you can't get it quite yet. And sometimes the new line isn't any better for a particular person.A fit's a fit. I still have and play TCBs after a year and a half, and just moved my ZX7s that I had months before the U.S release. That's been a long while.
This just made me think of poor @jdtox and his having to change clubs every year. :cry:. Some guys should just go ahead and relieve him of that terrible burden. #TeamHackers 📣

Last edited:
If they still work I don’t see much reason to change, maybe once their replacement line comes out.

The vast majority of my Morgan Cup clubs are still in the bag a year and a half later as I type this. And they will still work well enough to put on a show for @HarlettoScara here in a week 😎

Irons and putter probably 5 years or longer. Wedges a few years and woods hopefully 2 or more.

who am I kidding. My wife would make me play them for 10

This just made me think of poor @jdtox and his having to change clubs every year. :cry:. Some guys should just go ahead and relieve him of that terrible burden. #TeamHackers 📣

haha. First world problems 🤣

At least a year and if/when I switch, I'm not selling it. I'm gifting it to another THPer. 🤷‍♂️

probably 2 years

Minimum full cycle release for the line just because I think that’s what I would do under normal circumstances anyways. I’m on 2 years with my current irons. Not thinking about changing anytime soon. Driver and woods maybe a little quicker.

I’ll be that guy… Some of it lasted 2 weeks before being replaced by clubs from the same OEM that then made it 5+ years. Most of it made it the full next year and a couple pieces several years.

To be honest after a proper fitting and I'm satisfied with the results, I don't forsee changing what's in the bag for a long while.

This is a great question! I gave the 58* until the end of June and replaced it with the one we were humming and hawing about in the 60* Jaws Full Tow

I would say give it an honest try. Not just dumping it the first chance you get.

1.5 years was the shortest amount of time, current bag has lasted two years now.

Think as everyone else has said here, one release cycle should be the minimum.

Being fit by the best in the biz there would be no need for changes for quite awhile.

Being fit by the best in the biz there would be no need for changes for quite awhile.
“Need” , what does that even mean. Lol..

You’re probably going to see or hear about some stuff that might not be available while you are there and nobody will blame you if you are first in line to place an order.

I would say minimum 1 year, and would likely keep some in the bag for 3 years or more. Being a THP Experience, the full bag would be from a single OEM, and that deserves the minimum 1 year for the full bag, but being a single OEM it is likely that some part, or parts, of the bag may not be the best fit when including everything that's out there. I could easily see keeping the majority in the bag for several years, but say maybe a putter, wedges, or something like that being replaced after the first year for something from another OEM that is a better fit.

1 year, @templeton80 . 1 year.

this was my personal commitment. but i’ll say it varies.

take for instance @That post. he plays like 100 times a year. i play less than 30. so if i can feel like i’ve done enough in 30 rounds, maybe he can too. he’d be finished within a few months vs my year. so it’s different for different people.

i’ll also say i only moved on from spots that i felt needed improvement. i kept the stuff i loved and that worked well in the wedges, putter and ball. i didn’t move on just for moving on’s sake. it’s fine to do that, as long as you put the gear through the paces, engaged in the threads, etc.

For me, I'm thinking 3 or 4 years likely for me, at the very least. I haven't made much for changes in my bag with the mish mash of clubs I have now....if I was fit for everything, man I'd be happy as a clam for quite a while.

Depends on how you define change. Even after getting fit, I could see going back in and tweaking or changing some lofts on a club or two if the ball flight or distance gaps were inconsistent. That would probably happen within first couple weeks or a month tops.

If by change you mean replacing the entire set, I would think several years minimum and more likely 5-7 years. Mizuno Irons I’ve used have all stayed in the bag in that 5-7 year range. I am due for some new ones.

I might end up putting some BB&F ferrules on them pretty soon after lol, but other than that, at least a year or more. I’m sure the OEM would absolutely love if you replaced them once they brought out anything new the next year anyway. But more than just using them and keeping them in your bag…engaging in discussions on them and reviewing them is key.

Probably 4-5 years unless I were to win another experience. Before the MC most of my clubs were 10 years old.

OH, I came up with a reason to make a change earlier.

If they come out with a black version of them. :D

Let’s say you go a THP experience that involves a full fitting, full bag of clubs the works.. by the very best in the industry at it.

how long are you going to commit to said equipment before making any changes?

I say, if I “hypothetically” 😉 getting fit by the best. I am not changing it. I am going to roll with it for a while. Let’s say at least a year..
Good question. If I got into an event with full fitting for entire bag: probably a year minimum. I got a set of cobra irons in 2020, and while I didn’t get a full fitting, I still haven’t sold them. I then was in Edel 2022 and got a set of irons with no fitting. I haven’t played a round yet, but imagine I will play for them the rest of the year as-is before I mess with shafts.

The full fitting is the key: if I were in an event with full fitting for the entire bag, I think it would be a year or two on the full bag and then I might be messing around with drivers, putters or wedges

Back