I dismissed the Ping G425 driver series to hastily

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
Initially tried a 10.5 425 Max. Loved the way it set up, but it spun to much given my angle of attack and I moved in to a 9* TSi3 that was a great fit. I just tried a 9* 425 LST and had some of the best drives I have had in years. It feels plenty forgiving and just goes and goes. Can't believe I never tried this head. I guess I assumed that my modest swing speed wasn't a great fit. I think I am headed back to the Ping. I like it better than the 9* TSR2 I have been testing. I have also been testing a 9* G425 Max delofted one tick, but the LST is winning.

Can't wait to play again!

I dismissed it completely. The G425 LST was so much louder than the G410 LST that I had and the performance wasn’t any better.

I dismissed it completely. The G425 LST was so much louder than the G410 LST that I had and the performance wasn’t any better.
I can’t hear this post because of PING drivers. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On the op though, they’re a solid release, they do a lot really really good, so good on you for finding one that clicks for your needs!!! Enjoy it!

I don't have a G425 driver but I do have a 9w. I love that thing and hit it better than my long irons. It's not leaving my bag without a fight.:ROFLMAO:

I don't have a G425 driver but I do have a 9w. I love that thing and hit it better than my long irons. It's not leaving my bag without a fight.:ROFLMAO:

I do have 2 G425 hybrids that are the best I've ever used. LOVE them.

I have been playing the G425 max for awhile now and no issues. Great amount of forgiveness, don't care about the sound when I am averaging 12 fairways a round.

I have been playing the G425 max for awhile now and no issues. Great amount of forgiveness, don't care about the sound when I am averaging 12 fairways a round.

Hi Snickerdog, if I recall correctly, you were gaming a G400 Max right? Did you see any gains in the 425 over the 400? I'm getting itchy to get a new bomber.

Hi Snickerdog, if I recall correctly, you were gaming a G400 Max right? Did you see any gains in the 425 over the 400? I'm getting itchy to get a new bomber.
Not much distance, but across the face forgiveness is much better IMO.

Love mine. Been playing with the LST 425 since it came out. I went in to a testing when it came out thinking that year’s Taylormade or Titliest and after two days of trying everything and shafts to boot I ended up with the this one and the stock Aldila 65 stiff shaft. I did recently shift the weight to draw on it as my misses were all right and it’s back down the center now.

It happens, I dismissed Ping about 8 years ago.

Had another round last night with the 425 LST - best driving distance I have had in at least a year. Long and accurate - what’s not to love?

I have found a used one at what is a really good price. Not sure if I will pull the trigger. Heard great things about it minus the sound which seems to be a real sticking point for many.

Very torn on what to do. Currently in a Cobra King LTDx which I do like, but the forgiveness simply isn't there.

Ultimately I really want the Callaway Paradym TD, but not in a place to drop 500 plus on a new driver.

I have found a used one at what is a really good price. Not sure if I will pull the trigger. Heard great things about it minus the sound which seems to be a real sticking point for many.

if you do get one, take the back weight off and put something between where the weight meets the head. For example I had one of those foam sheets from the craft store that has the sticker type backing. I took the weight off and traced it onto that foam sheet then cut it out and stuck to the inside and bottom of the weight so that the foam now creates a barrier to the head. That stuff is pretty weightless too so it won't impact swing weight. Seemed to deaden some of the higher pitched sound. others have taken a rubber o-ring and placed it onto the screw (on the backside) then tightened it down. I didn't have an o-ring that size so I didn't try this method.

I animalized my 425 by ordering two 13g weights from Billy Bobs and it happened to reduce the sound a bit. I had to bring the loft down to 8.5 to bring flight down.

But ultimately I bought a 430 at digital 9 and while long, I can get longer with more carry if I pump it up to 10-10.5. It spins much less than the 425 and the sound is GREAT

I animalized my 425 by ordering two 13g weights from Billy Bobs and it happened to reduce the sound a bit. I had to bring the loft down to 8.5 to bring flight down.

But ultimately I bought a 430 at digital 9 and while long, I can get longer with more carry if I pump it up to 10-10.5. It spins much less than the 425 and the sound is GREAT

I was dumb. I had a G430 LST which I bought used for a great deal and loved it. A friend called and made an offer for it and he plays more competitive. My daughter was being born so I figured I wasnt going to be able to play as much for a while so sold it and yeah near instant regret as the others I have put in play just dont have the same forgiveness the Ping has... had.

Yep.
And the Cally Rogue ST LS was longer, just as forgiving and sounded way better.

Back