Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I think I may be able to get out later... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Winter is a drag..

image.jpg

eh just a dusting

Same on the California side of the Sierras, view from my deck this morning.

1611589734679.png

Sim golf is the new craze....

I’d love to be out in Reno right now so I could make the short drive up to Squaw Valley for some powder skiing. The forecast looks fantastic for a skier/snowboarder, lol. I’m sure my CA buddies will be sending me pics of them enjoying all the fresh snow this week.

BFEE2F8A-263C-453E-BB8A-6766EAB5F56A.jpeg

1611589884712.gif

Just need a colored ball. Maybe those bright red balls?

It's called winter. Maybe it will clear by late March. :ROFLMAO:

I’d love to be out in Reno right now so I could make the short drive up to Squaw Valley for some powder skiing. The forecast looks fantastic for a skier/snowboarder, lol. I’m sure my CA buddies will be sending me pics of them enjoying all the fresh snow this week.

View attachment 8990187
Have you heard they are going to change the name of that resort?

I feel unhappy just having seen that. That's not fun snow. That's a small amount (not enough to be fun) of crappy snow that's only purpose is to stop everything and everyone from doing what they want to do, and be cold and possibly wet while not doing it. Take it away. I don't want it!

@OldandStiff: Stop everything and everybody from doing what they want to do and just enough to make you have to go out and clear it :mad:

Either be winter or not be winter, but this half-way, on-and-off stuff is for the birds.

Yeah, snowbird is the way to go.

My daughter is in Tampa. I'm usually there at least twice for vacation in the winter. But, not this winter.

Me also, few more years and heading south.

I have about 6-7 years before I'm going to be spending at least 3-4 months most likely in Florida.

Same on the California side of the Sierras, view from my deck this morning.

View attachment 8990186

I'm down in the valley so all we get is rain. Supposed to be a rainy week for us so golf probably isn't happening. But there's always a break for a few hours at some point. I'll hit the range if that break is during the day. I like going to the range almost as much as playing a round on the course.

@OldandStiff: Stop everything and everybody from doing what they want to do and just enough to make you have to go out and clear it :mad:

Either be winter or not be winter, but this half-way, on-and-off stuff is for the birds.
That's right! Friends give us grief about being able to do what we want because we don't have kids, and I always come back at them with stuff like 'But you don't have to clear your drive (or mow your lawn, etc) after a 12 hour work day, do ya?!' So annoying. All we ever got in Nebraska was little annoying snow like that. Except it would still blow a 3 foot drift of it up against the door your wife uses at 5 a.m. Eff all that business. Good riddance!!

We've got slush/ice/rain mix right now. Good moisture for the area (we need that) but it does nothing for potential practice or playing, for sure.

Last edited:
Back