iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

hello testers

this is mike from icaddi. thank you so much for testing our product and showing interest in our towel.
i can see that some of you have trouble with the folding method of our towel, i will be posting up a video on the thread soon regarding the method.
the instructions on the back of the towel suggests to pour water into the pocket but i personally like my towels to be some what drenched in water, so before your round open up the towel and wet the whole rubber portion of the towel and fold it into your desired postion "A" or "B".
our towel is treated with antimicrobial treatment so wont have to worry about mildew & smell as much as you would with your normal cotton towels majority of golfers use on the course right now. if you have any questions i would be more then happy to answer any of your questions, looking forward to hear more reviews on icaddi. thank you

Thanks for the info, look forward to seeing the professionals fold the towel and show us how to do it.

I am home tomorrow and am hoping to be able to start my testing :D

hello testers

this is mike from icaddi. thank you so much for testing our product and showing interest in our towel.
i can see that some of you have trouble with the folding method of our towel, i will be posting up a video on the thread soon regarding the method.
the instructions on the back of the towel suggests to pour water into the pocket but i personally like my towels to be some what drenched in water, so before your round open up the towel and wet the whole rubber portion of the towel and fold it into your desired postion "A" or "B".
our towel is treated with antimicrobial treatment so wont have to worry about mildew & smell as much as you would with your normal cotton towels majority of golfers use on the course right now. if you have any questions i would be more then happy to answer any of your questions, looking forward to hear more reviews on icaddi. thank you

Awesome! Thanks mikey. I am enjoying your towel so far. I will try wetting it before the round today.

Ok guys I have a better review after my 18 today. The weather has been really rainy so the fairways were fairly saturated. I brought the iCaddi and was ready for a full test. After hearing about the idea of soaking the pocket before the round I decided that might help as I noticed mine dried out before 18 last time, and boy did it work.

Pros:
- The towel, like others have said, doesnt stick to my frogger brushpro which is a big positive since I put them both on the same hook.
- The towel really shines when it comes to cleaning my clubs. I hit my fair share of fat shots today and the towel didn't dissapoint. It cleaned the grooves fairly well and got most all of the dirt off every single shot.
- The towel stayed wet! The whole 18 it was wet and was effective from my first to last shot.
- The microfiber area drys your grips really well! It was nice and humid at the course and rubbing the towel over my grip really helped them stay tacky (golf pride VDR)
-The towel cleans up really well! I scrubbed it after the round and it looks almost as good as new! I hope this keeps up

Cons:
- I dont really care for the lanyard. My towel fell off once when I hit a big bump. It may be that I didnt have it on well, but a clip would work better in my opinion.

All in all I am loving this towel. It works as described and I am excited to see if it stays clean and how durable it ends up being. Stay tuned!

Tomorrow I'm playing a round with matty and I'll be doing a side by side comparison with the iCaddi and the Frogger towel...very anxious to see how each holds up head to head.

Tomorrow I'm playing a round with matty and I'll be doing a side by side comparison with the iCaddi and the Frogger towel...very anxious to see how each holds up head to head.

Perfect... I have been looking at the frogger, the iCaddy and the Spotless Swing Towel. Look forward to your thoughts on the two you have.

Just got home to find my towel waiting for me. I got the grey one and it goes perfectly with my bag. Thoughts will be added once I have had time to give it a test in the next day or so

I played my weekly league 9 last night and used the iCaddi towel. I used it both at the range before hand and during the round. I folded it in the the "B" style and really like that method better. I still think the lanyard lets it hang to low and might try using a carabiner with it. I did something similar to what Mike said about soaking the towel down. I ran the sink through the wet pocket and soaked it down before I left the house. That made the whole pocket wet and did a much better job cleaning. I think I am going to stick with folding it in the "B" style.

As to comparing it to the Spotless Swing Towel. I love having the wet part to the towel. That is one area that the Spotless struggles. I do miss the bristle part of the Spotless towels. I guess you give or take from one product to another. If I had to pick between the two towels today. I think I would go with the iCaddi. I think it is much more beneficial to have a wet towel than bristles. Also, if you miss the bristle part that much, you can just get a brush to handle the really dirty clubs for you.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about specific uses or want me try anything out for you.

That's some really good feedback, dmb. I often have better success cleaning with a wet towel than the bristles too.

How do you order this? I'm not finding it online.

I played my weekly league 9 last night and used the iCaddi towel. I used it both at the range before hand and during the round. I folded it in the the "B" style and really like that method better. I still think the lanyard lets it hang to low and might try using a carabiner with it. I did something similar to what Mike said about soaking the towel down. I ran the sink through the wet pocket and soaked it down before I left the house. That made the whole pocket wet and did a much better job cleaning. I think I am going to stick with folding it in the "B" style.

As to comparing it to the Spotless Swing Towel. I love having the wet part to the towel. That is one area that the Spotless struggles. I do miss the bristle part of the Spotless towels. I guess you give or take from one product to another. If I had to pick between the two towels today. I think I would go with the iCaddi. I think it is much more beneficial to have a wet towel than bristles. Also, if you miss the bristle part that much, you can just get a brush to handle the really dirty clubs for you.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about specific uses or want me try anything out for you.

That's some really good feedback, dmb. I often have better success cleaning with a wet towel than the bristles too.

I don't know how to order it, but here is their website. I think you can email them and see about ordering it.

http://vatteninc.com/products

I don't know how to order it, but here is their website. I think you can email them and see about ordering it.

http://vatteninc.com/products

It sounds like it may not be out there yet at stores. I did check out their site. I like the compact fold you used as well.

It sounds like it may not be out there yet at stores. I did check out their site. I like the compact fold you used as well.

Yeah, I am all about that style now. I wish they would give you a short lanyard or carabiner instead of the long one. I even tried looping it through it's self a few times and that didn't shorten it enough.

Instead of the lanyard they give you, mine is hooked on a small carabiner with my other towel.

I cleaned mine last night and meant to take before and after pictures, but completely forgot about it. It did clean up really well, though. It looks almost like new and I had it really dirty before I washed it. I'm sure I'll have to wash it again in the next couple of days, so I'll post up some pictures then.

As for the lanyard, once I figured out how it was supposed to go on, I was just able to loop it through the hook on my bag a couple of times and it made it the same length as any other towel. I haven't had it fall off my bag yet, and I'm not the best driver when it comes to golf carts. I hit a lot of holes and bumps. When I first received it and put it on my bag it constantly fell off, but then I realized I was no where close to putting it on right. Once I attached it correctly, I've had no problems.

I would also know where we can pick up a couple of these at as I've had several people look at mine and like them.

hello testers

Thanks for the quick reply, good to know that it's treated.

I know there have already been pictures posted but it doesn't feel right if I don't add mine to the thread

The iCaddi towel unfolded
439c4386.jpg

Diagram and Information
f7ef16fb.jpg

Folded into Position A
928556c8.jpg

Hanging on the Bag
bd6cbff7.jpg

The iCaddie came default folded in Position A and doesn't include any instructions for folding. This maybe something that could be added in the future although I had no trouble refolding back to Position A, I didn't try B.

The iCaddi definitely feels like a microfiber cloth to me (the one you use to clean glasses etc). I have mine folded into Position A and I can't see me changing from it as it looks to be the perfect length for my Cart Bag this way.

I have removed the lanyard and replaced it with a carabine as this way I feel it will be far better secured to my bag and I won't run the risk of it falling off mid round.

Many Thanks to :thp: and Hydro Effects inc for the opportunity to test this product for them.

Have to send thanks to Morgan for the quick shipping and for sending me a towel that matches my bag perfectly :D

Only time will tell if it helps to keep the grooves of my Nike's clean as they are rather hard to clean with a regular towel whilst on the course

I will have thoughts regarding the towels use once I have had my next round which should be early next week.

Love the grey iCaddie towel Mike! Looks good!!

---
- ...just tap it in...

Great pics Mike!

Before my 9 hole round last night, I ran to the restroom to soak the towel. Very easy to open the pocket and let it fill up w/ water. I gave it a few seconds and then dumped out the remaining water out and repeated w/ the other pocket. The iCaddie stayed moist for the entire round and did a good job cleaning the clubs. For shots that I took a really big divot, some of the dirt did not get removed. However, I don't think a standard towel would of either. A quick touch up w/ my brush got the rest of the dirt. Overall though, very good results w/ iCaddie.

BTW -- I REALLY, REALLY like the fact the iCaddie does not get stuck to the brush.

Yeah, I am all about that style now. I wish they would give you a short lanyard or carabiner instead of the long one. I even tried looping it through it's self a few times and that didn't shorten it enough.

I tied another knot to shorten the length of the lanyard and that helped. If I can find an extra carabiner, I may try that route also.

Got to the range today, and didn't feel like hitting off the mats, even though it has been off grass for the past month on Thursdays. So I spent almost an hour with my wedges on the chipping green and out of the two bunkers. Part of the area around the green was soft, from the sprinklers this morning while the rest was bone dry. It gave my iCaddi towel a good workout, and it performed beautifully again.

Here is my wedge after some practice:
6056822650_4a2b90f6be_z.jpg

And after cleaning with my iCaddi towel:
6056274739_0e874395c0_z.jpg

There has been a lot of talk about what if I can't clean my towel everytime I use it, so I am not cleaning the towel today, since I know I will be able to get in at least an hour at the range tomorrow. I am interested to see if it cleans my clubs just as good and if I can hand wash it just as easy as I did on Sunday. Here is the inside of my towel after today:
6056823644_d9b8d74994_z.jpg

Also, here is the caribiner I use to attach mine to my bag:
6056275133_f4a949e4e2_z.jpg

Thanks. I'll get in touch with you guys.

this is mike again from icaddi, we've made a quick informal video on how we like to use icaddi for a round of golf.
please watch the video and if you should have any question please reply to the thread or email me at mike@vatteninc.com
thank you hackers paradise and to all of our testers.

I have embeded the video into the thread for you

Thanks for sharing with us

Back