If you had all the money and time in the world, how often would you golf?

Monday-Friday. The rest of you can have the weekends.

I would play as often as the domestic Chief Executive would allow me to play. And it would be somewhere warm. Somewhere very warm.

If you had all the time and money in the world (meaning no significant family or work commitments, and no worries about expenses), how many 18-hole rounds of golf would you play, say, per month during the golf season?

Feel free to include any personal constraints as long as time and money are not involved.

For me, I am in relatively good health and good physical condition, have a few regular partners I enjoy playing with, have decent weather year round, and have a number of courses within an hour drive from my place.

With that my ideal number would be around 10 times per month. Any more than that I would probably be burned out and my hands would be too sore, given I usually hit a small bucket (25+/- balls) before each round, and I go to the range about once a week (50+/- balls).
Probably every other day.

Two to three times per week, arthritis permitting.

I'd like to think if I had no limits of financial resources and plenty of time, I'd be playing golf 4 competitive rounds each week (Thursday to Sunday) along with maybe 1 practice round. Probably would take Monday and Tuesday off. Maybe a little practice and/or play on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Everyday it was nice and some that it wasn't. I wouldn't play more than 18 unless I was somewhere special.

I’d guess about 160-180 rounds per year. I’ll play about 100 rounds this year in Minnesota and our season is only 6.5 months long.

more than likely, i would play 3-4 times a week as i would be living in a warm climate and within personal cart range of the course

I feel like i wouldn’t end up playing everyday. But likely 4-6 times per week.

Well if money wasn’t an issue I’d start by moving south of PA to extend my golf season year round. Then I’d be golfing at least 3 times per week.

Probably 2-3 rounds a week. I’d be more interested in opening up a First Tee locally if I had that much time

4-5 rounds a week. Any more than that may be too much.

For me it would be at least 5 days a week. I’m still relatively young and there are a lot of courses in So Cal, and outside So Cal for that matter, I want to play. Weather does not really limit our golf so I should be able to golf all year long. Since money is not a concern, I’ll just travel someplace when the forecast calls for rain. Plus I don’t like the cold so high probability I go down under during our winter anyway.

Mine would depend on my back issues, but hopefully 3-4 times a week would be possible, even if the odd time it is only 9 holes rather than 18

Two or three times a week, about the same as now. Dare I say there is more to life than golf.....

Every day. For as long as I could play... there wouldn't be any work or family conflicts so... as much as I can.

I would like 4 times a week average some more not sure if thats 18 every day i play or not. Have to figure that out. that becomes a part time gig out of the house.

4 to 5 times a week minimum.

1-2 rounds a day for 4 days or so.

Probably 12-15 times a month.

I thought I would play every day but reality is 4 times a week, some weeks it's less if weather is bad and rarely 5. In my 60's and retired but between fishing, yardwork, project car etc it just eats up time. I do find after 3 days in a row my knees and shoulders bug me, arthritis from former sports injuries. 17 rounds last month, all walking plus an at home mat/net session most days.

I would also play about 4 times a week. I think I would need a group of friends to play with though to accomplish that. I'm not sure I could go more than 1-2 times a week alone. Golf to me is social. Sure there are times to practice, work on your game, just get away from things, etc... But I love the interaction with friends and family when I'm playing. Talk, bs, bet a little and have some fun. Without that, I'm not sure I'd last very long playing 4 times a week alone.

I’m semi-retired, only work if a consulting engagement is worth the time. When I’m not doing anything I’ll play 3 rounds per week, I thought I would play more but I love taking the boat out just as much, if not more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back