I am probably in the minority that I wouldn't. Both are more than capable of handling IOS16.
It's really not a huge upgrade - mostly just the camera and the dual-band GPS really, but for a couple hundy I'd bite. It's not worth it to me for any more than that though, my 13 Pro with iOS 16 does everything I need it to do and more.

Anyone else have to wait up to 24 hours to transfer apps/home screen data into the new iphone due to changing carriers at the same time?

Anyone else have to wait up to 24 hours to transfer apps/home screen data into the new iphone due to changing carriers at the same time?
No sir. We changed carriers and while the new E-Sim was slightly slower, with in an hour or so everything was moved

No sir. We changed carriers and while the new E-Sim was slightly slower, with in an hour or so everything was moved
Interesting. Everything has downloaded from iCloud except for the home screen/app data (been a few hours, so not too long). Read something where some people have waited days and all of a sudden it was there. Thanks for the feedback, might go in tomorrow just to make sure we only need to wait. We had a different setup experience because we had to make sure in store that a certain pin was accepted before taking them home, so we had to bypass some of the startup stuff initially.

My phone is bumped am to Oct 7th now! Hopefully no more delays

Will be upgrading soon. Not that I wanted to but it will have to happen. Busted screen and back of case. See what insurance can do first. It still works but its days are numbered. It is time however it’s the X

New iphone is being delivered tomorrow! Hopefully set up goes smooth!

14 Pro ordered and should ship by Monday, so hopefully will have it by the end of next week. Went with a magsafe case and popsocket. Will add more magsafe stuff as I go. Upgrading from a 2nd Gen SE so I think I'm in for some ooo and awwww moments lol.

Just upgraded to the 14 from the 8 specifically for the Morgan Cup. It’s quite the upgrade lol. Camera quality is really good, but I miss the home button.

Phone was delivered Thursday and it all set up. I like the size of the max way more. I had an anti glare screen protector put on today. So far so good on ease of use.

Phone was delivered Thursday and it all set up. I like the size of the max way more. I had an anti glare screen protector put on today. So far so good on ease of use.
WHAT PHONE DID YOU COME FROM? 😂😂😂

Anyone having issues with the YouTube app lately? No videos will play and the app just says "something went wrong". I've uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck.

Anyone having issues with the YouTube app lately? No videos will play and the app just says "something went wrong". I've uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck.
I just went and tried it, working fine on mine. 13 Pro on iOS 16.1.1, YouTube version 17.46.4 (updated 11/25/22).

I had some issues with apps closing and went and shut the phone off and deleted and reinstalled the app.

Works now, but was a pain

I had some issues with apps closing and went and shut the phone off and deleted and reinstalled the app.

Works now, but was a pain
Thanks. Phone restart + app reinstall fixed it.

I tried to get one and the day my order was supposed to ship Verizon canceled it. I called in and they pretty much said tough luck and I would have to reorder with an additional 5 week wait time.

To be honest, if I didn't have the Grandaddy and wanted the better camera I would have waiting till the 15 and new design.

The camera is great, but the phone itself is not really any better than my 11. Just a better battery

making the change to the 14 pro max from the 12 pro. I know it's not going to be a massive move, but the battery life on my 12 has gotten comically bad, and I had to replace one of the lenses not to long ago and that camera is hit and miss now. I was close to jumping back to Android. I love what I am seeing out of Pixel 7 Pro and even the S23 Ultra. Talked to a VZW rep today and they gave me a better trade in value than they are advertising so my monthly cost doesn't change which is solid. Wanted to hold out to the 15, but hell, I need that camera to work for Ballyhack.

is there a popsocket like holder thing that works with the magnetic charging system?

doing everything i can to not own dumb lightning cables.

is there a popsocket like holder thing that works with the magnetic charging system?
They make MagSafe pop sockets. Easy to remove when you need to charge, then just click them back on when you're done.

Reactions: JB
Back