Iron Shafts: Why don’t you go graphite?

Decided to bite the bullet and go get fit this weekend. Really want to get into graphite if that’s a possibility.

I don't get that same satisfaction of flushing a steel shaft iron vs a graphite. Posing with a graphite shaft just doesn't do it for me. :ROFLMAO:

I've been back and forth since I got my first aftermarket Aldila shafts the late 80s/ early 90s. . Now I think I am in composites till the end. They are much better quality these days, with better consistency, and better shock absorption for my aging joints.

I've been back and forth since I got my first aftermarket Aldila shafts the late 80s/ early 90s. . Now I think I am in composites till the end. They are much better quality these days, with better consistency, and better shock absorption for my aging joints.

Completely agree. I did a fitting a couple weeks ago indoors, and they had me warm up with a test 7-iron with a PX steel shaft. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but when I got home realized my wrist was sore. It's been tender ever since.

I am going back to graphite. Been in the steel long enough and had a good run with the shaft.
Recoil Dart 75 this time around, have been wanting to try this shaft.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any elbow tendonitis/tennis elbow since switching to graphite in the summer of 2022. It is particularly noticeable after a long range session.

My only difficulty was finding a shaft that loaded like the X100's I was used to. I was willing to go down slightly in weight, but had trouble finding a shaft that had the same feel (like the Steel Fiber's, for example, felt like swinging a lightweight 2x4---very boardy and I couldn't feel it load).

I'm really liking my Ping 👁️ 2 short irons but need to play with customization of the long irons, it's a very slow process as my knees are in poor shape and lots of pain as I've been taking 8 paracetamol and 8 ibuprofen daily and some days that only takes the edge off 😳 not sure if or when I will be back but still enjoy reading about what the members are UpTo 🙏

What say you? Looking to go graphite in this next fitting. Need low launch, XStiff…. Currently swing X100 Tours

I tested a set of LAGP L Series shafts last season and didn’t care for how counter balanced they were, my irons were at C-8 swing weight.

What say you? Looking to go graphite in this next fitting. Need low launch, XStiff…. Currently swing X100 Tours
I say good luck. There are less options at that end, and they tend to be expensive. I'm an X100 profile guy and I've tried them all. Still trying to find one I can play as well.

Mitsubishi MMT 125. The internet tells me their flex pattern is modeled after the X100.

Next week I should have my iron build complete and be able to say if that’s crazy talk or true.

Back