Iron Shafts: Why don’t you go graphite?

Delamination? You playing clubs from 1993?
I am. My cottage bag is 90's Yonex ADX Tours with a composite v shaft. Untold swings on those shafts, no issues. Only composite shaft I have ever seen that is pinned.

I am. My cottage bag is 90's Yonex ADX Tours with a composite v shaft. Untold swings on those shafts, no issues. Only composite shaft I have ever seen that is pinned.

You should try the new stuff. You might be surprised. I mean 30 years of tech improvements probably has something you will notice.

But then again, if you are happy with what you have now, hard to argue. A friend of mine loves his 92 BMW even though by modern standards, the car is underpowered, has no real comforts, is harder to drive and isn't as gas efficient. But he loves it and won't even try a new one because he's afraid it will make him hate the one he has. So I get it.

Thoughts here are happening again.. :unsure::unsure:

I support it. Graphite is the way.

And broomsticks, but there are other threads for that.

Yes, you need to come to the graphite side. Graphite is much better than just in pencils and motor bearings.

I will be going all graphite again in my new set

Yes, you need to come to the graphite side. Graphite is much better than just in pencils and motor bearings.
I did it once. It went ok. But I am considering it again but different shafts. I tried steelfibers before. Curious about the Dart Vs in 120..

I feel like the Star Wars theme song should be playing about now.

After going back to steel for a season, f**k that, I’m staying graphite moving forward. My body thanks me, and I’m giving up nothing while gaining a lot.

only reason is I love the way KBS Tour steel shafts feel.. had Recoils in one of my Mizuno sets.. they were great but still prefer KBS

I will probably go steelfiber the next round, but it's been a cost for me. Not quite willing to drop the extra $$ when my modus 3's work just as well currently.

After going back to steel for a season, f**k that, I’m staying graphite moving forward. My body thanks me, and I’m giving up nothing while gaining a lot.
lol that's exactly what I said the other day after hitting steel shafts for the first time in awhile. My last round I decided to give my MC bag a break and knock the dust off my old set. My Cleveland wedges in that set have steel shafts. Went to the range to warm up and it was a little over 40 degrees out and after a few shots with the wedges, including a couple of thin ones, I was like "oof, f*** that." I've been thoroughly spoiled by my Recoil 95s. lol

I did for a while and would gladly go back. Only reason I went out of them was after a fitting where a steel option fit better currently. I really want to try the recoil 110 proto's and see what I can do with them, but I loved the regular 110's I have. I still have them and have been toying with the idea of throwing some low spin monsters in them to see what they can do, but the regulars just spun a bit more for me than the steels I was fit into.

I did it once. It went ok. But I am considering it again but different shafts. I tried steelfibers before. Curious about the Dart Vs in 120..

Talk to @Jman and look in the thread. These are awesome. I have them in the 105F4

DART V?

Anything UST.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

lol that's exactly what I said the other day after hitting steel shafts for the first time in awhile. My last round I decided to give my MC bag a break and knock the dust off my old set. My Cleveland wedges in that set have steel shafts. Went to the range to warm up and it was a little over 40 degrees out and after a few shots with the wedges, including a couple of thin ones, I was like "oof, f*** that." I've been thoroughly spoiled by my Recoil 95s. lol
I’m amazed there is still the tendency to hang onto things like stability and dispersion, graphite can do everything steel can, and beyond.

Lighter weight but just as stiff, or more stiff? Check.

I’m amazed there is still the tendency to hang onto things like stability and dispersion, graphite can do everything steel can, and beyond.

I often wonder this too @Jman. Everybody is perfectly okay and wouldn't even consider putting a steel shaft in a driver. You listed to some of the feedback on driver shafts and you can read that they are plenty stiff, dispersion is tighter, blah, blah, blah.... If you can do that with a shaft that is LONGER (keep head stable and not be whippy) why would somebody think that it isn't possible with a shorter shaft that can have a larger diameter and more mass?

I hate the graphics on some graphite shafts..- Recoils are nicely done -- others - not so nice.

Oh yeah, I'm playing the Recoil ESX in my Aerojets and they are pretty lightweight. No loss in dispersion and they are surprisingly stable. Just a fantastic pairing with the Aerojets for me and my hands and wrists don't feel beat up after every round. Like you said, I just don't see anything I can gain by playing steel shafts. It's graphite from here on out for me!

I will probably go steelfiber the next round, but it's been a cost for me. Not quite willing to drop the extra $$ when my modus 3's work just as well currently.
The prices just keep climbing on those. Feels like just a couple years ago it was an extra $15 per, now it's usually closer to $50.

The prices just keep climbing on those. Feels like just a couple years ago it was an extra $15 per, now it's usually closer to $50.
$63.........

Back