Is Batman a Superhero?

Is Batman a Superhero?

The real question is: does it matter?? He is a character in a child's comic book
It probably matters as much as any of us getting a round of golf in. In other words, it doesn't. Other than for giggles and relaxation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably matters as much as any of us getting a round of golf in. In other words, it doesn't. Other than for giggles and relaxation.

QFT...

The real question is: does it matter?? He is a character in a child's comic book

there are more pages in this thread than some equipment release threads

Wikipedia says he is a superhero so it must be true.

That's what intrigued me, you have probably guesse in not into the whole DC universe, I'm trying to comprehend why people are getting upset over this

That's what intrigued me, you have probably guesse in not into the whole DC universe, I'm trying to comprehend why people are getting upset over this

I dont see anyone upset? Love the banter back and forth and like i said in my thread starter this topic led to a good two hours of debating on my podcast.

I love it and has helped passed the time.

Apparently that equipment isn't as good as Batman. Serves them right

So when will callaway bring out batman clubs exactly?

Did any of them accomplish anything near what Batman did?) did they battle any super villains?
Irrelevant. He's one heckuva tinkerer though... sans superpowers. ?

I'd go with yes, Batman is a superhero.

OK, from a pure and total geek perspective - who has beaten Bats? I can only think of one who isn't super-powered by some means or another: The Joker. I mean, he's Batman's mirror, right? Trauma into Chaos. The rest: Superman, WonderWoman, Bane, Deathstroke, The Mutant Leader. (I'm sure there are others, my comic book geekdom only goes so deep.)

Philosophically, I'd still say yes:

What is a hero? A hero is a someone/thing who does something that in that moment is heroic, or provides us with a level of noble intent or sacrifice that we all can aspire to, model from. This is different than superhuman. Something superhuman, above the generally accepted range of human ability, can happen at an instance but isn't a regular state. A regular joe can be a hero. A regular joe can have a superhuman moment. A regular joe can at the nexus moment exhibit more than normal talent or ability while doing a heroic act - but that isn't a superhero.

A superhero is all that and then some. A hero with superhuman ability who does it regularly.

Batman definitely shows he has super-ability (not super-powered ability), honed by the years of maniacal training - clearly he would be so far at the end of the bell curve, you'd say his physical status is superhuman and is capable of great feats. His greatest power though might be his intellect and the force of his will - he is "The World's Greatest Detective." Add that to being, as far as I can tell, the strategist above all others, mentally, Bats is kinda amazing. Finally, to complete the circle, he acts heroically, brave or self-sacrificing everyday. Every. Damn. Day.

Batman is the most super of all the superheros if you ask me.

On another note, I can't believe I'm nerdy enough to have written all that at six in the morning.

Pretty sad really lol.

I don't think it's sad. When you go to the golf course it's not like all you talk about is golf and golf equipment. With the bazillion food threads on THP, this feels like a really nice change of pace for off topic conversation. Certainly beats another freaking 'RIP random famous person' thread.

And, when the companies bring out equipment as exciting and/or controversial as this one, it usually generates much more interest. Why don't we just let THPers THP the way they want to, and click on what we enjoy?

I'd go with yes, Batman is a superhero.

OK, from a pure and total geek perspective - who has beaten Bats? I can only think of one who isn't super-powered by some means or another: The Joker. I mean, he's Batman's mirror, right? Trauma into Chaos. The rest: Superman, WonderWoman, Bane, Deathstroke, The Mutant Leader. (I'm sure there are others, my comic book geekdom only goes so deep.)

Philosophically, I'd still say yes:

What is a hero? A hero is a someone/thing who does something that in that moment is heroic, or provides us with a level of noble intent or sacrifice that we all can aspire to, model from. This is different than superhuman. Something superhuman, above the generally accepted range of human ability, can happen at an instance but isn't a regular state. A regular joe can be a hero. A regular joe can have a superhuman moment. A regular joe can at the nexus moment exhibit more than normal talent or ability while doing a heroic act - but that isn't a superhero.

A superhero is all that and then some. A hero with superhuman ability who does it regularly.

Batman definitely shows he has super-ability (not super-powered ability), honed by the years of maniacal training - clearly he would be so far at the end of the bell curve, you'd say his physical status is superhuman and is capable of great feats. His greatest power though might be his intellect and the force of his will - he is "The World's Greatest Detective." Add that to being, as far as I can tell, the strategist above all others, mentally, Bats is kinda amazing. Finally, to complete the circle, he acts heroically, brave or self-sacrificing everyday. Every. Damn. Day.

Batman is the most super of all the superheros if you ask me.

On another note, I can't believe I'm nerdy enough to have written all that at six in the morning.

We could all stop right here. Mic drop my friend. The Caped Crusader has some killer equipment and I am thinking of wearing a utility belt when I play for now on. Somehow I see Bruce Wayne as a PXG guy except that he has more money than Bob Parsons.

We could all stop right here. Mic drop my friend. The Caped Crusader has some killer equipment and I am thinking of wearing a utility belt when I play for now on. Somehow I see Bruce Wayne as a PXG guy except that he has more money than Bob Parsons.

Lock it up lol

Let's see batsman is a superhero comic, so I don't understand all the confusion

Let's see batsman is a superhero comic, so I don't understand all the confusion

But he's just a dude with a lot of money and a costume. :alien:

I don't think it's sad. When you go to the golf course it's not like all you talk about is golf and golf equipment. With the bazillion food threads on THP, this feels like a really nice change of pace for off topic conversation. Certainly beats another freaking 'RIP random famous person' thread.

And, when the companies bring out equipment as exciting and/or controversial as this one, it usually generates much more interest. Why don't we just let THPers THP the way they want to, and click on what we enjoy?

i was responding to someone who said this conversation didn't matter. i'm saying it obviously does matter to a lot of people around here on this golf forum, more so than some of the golf equipment that is released. that has nothing to do with telling someone how to thp, and nothing to do with the quality of thp's coverage or the equipment that's being covered. thp has the most thorough and objective coverage i've ever seen, and some pretty amazing people too.

it's a fun conversation. i was more of a marvel guy. my stepdad owned a packing and shipping franchise location when i was in late elementary school and early middle school, and the suite next door was a comic book store. they got most of my allowance! my favorites were x men, silver surfer and spider man. dc never did much for me.

i was responding to someone who said this conversation didn't matter. i'm saying it obviously does matter to a lot of people around here on this golf forum, more so than some of the golf equipment that is released. that has nothing to do with telling someone how to thp, and nothing to do with the quality of thp's coverage or the equipment that's being covered. thp has the most thorough and objective coverage i've ever seen, and some pretty amazing people too.

it's a fun conversation. i was more of a marvel guy. my stepdad owned a packing and shipping franchise location when i was in late elementary school and early middle school, and the suite next door was a comic book store. they got most of my allowance! my favorites were x men, silver surfer and spider man. dc never did much for me.

Being one of the new peeps im just glad to have started a decent thread lol.

Im still in the superhero camp and i think its all relative to be honest....hard to define and put a definition on what a literal superhero criteria should be.

To me Batman will always symbolize someone that took his extraordinary means to do good.....and during my lifetime its often the opposite with real people.

Im not saying bill gates needs to put on a cape......but the idea that a man that does not need to care or worry about the folks that are a lot worse off than him.....and he protects them.....thats a superhero to me.

All relative....and i think thats a great thing. Love hearing all the different opinions

Super heros fight crime and are merciful so yes he is a super hero. Not sure how anyone can different since he is portrayed as such in the comics
I'm with panda on this. Doesn't matter if he has actual super powers or not, he has technology to help him fight crime and save lives.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

This guy cruising around Calgary would say he's a superhero.

Back