Is GameGolf dead?

Let us know how you like Arccos. I don't know if I'd like the the larger sensors but I could probably learn to adjust.

I just think GG's customer service is slammed with issues from their latest product and they don't have the resources to help everyone. There's only 26 some odd people at the company and only a small # of them are customer service reps.

Let us know how you like Arccos. I don't know if I'd like the the larger sensors but I could probably learn to adjust.

I just think GG's customer service is slammed with issues from their latest product and they don't have the resources to help everyone. There's only 26 some odd people at the company and only a small # of them are customer service reps.
Used Arccos for the first time this weekend.... and I've decided to sell my GameGolf Live.

Pros of Arccos vs GameGolf
- No tagging!
- Seemingly less glitches
- Better App
- More stats

Cons of Arccos vs GameGolf
- Nothing like the GameGolf "challenges"
- No way to see Arccos activity at various courses - this was a nice feature of GameGolf, the ability to see the activity at various courses and see how others fared there.
- No ability to interact socially with other golfers in the app - comment on their rounds/shots and see how they're playing. The Arccos social activity seems to be lacking - and no easy way to find others to follow.

Used Arccos for the first time this weekend.... and I've decided to sell my GameGolf Live.

Pros of Arccos vs GameGolf
- No tagging!
- Seemingly less glitches
- Better App
- More stats

Cons of Arccos vs GameGolf
- Nothing like the GameGolf "challenges"
- No way to see Arccos activity at various courses - this was a nice feature of GameGolf, the ability to see the activity at various courses and see how others fared there.
- No ability to interact socially with other golfers in the app - comment on their rounds/shots and see how they're playing. The Arccos social activity seems to be lacking - and no easy way to find others to follow.
Thanks. Funny, I don't think I've ever used any of the "pros" of gamegolf but then, I don't have any issues with it either. When you say that arccos has more stats, what else do they have?

Thanks. Funny, I don't think I've ever used any of the "pros" of gamegolf but then, I don't have any issues with it either. When you say that arccos has more stats, what else do they have?

You get more detailed stats on approach and chip shots, you get a "Facet Handicap" which is kind of cool to look at... i.e. Your Driving, Approach, Chipping, Sand, and Putting handicaps. This is different than just the Strokes Gained metric. You also get a color-coded breakdown on your the scorecard screen showing which shots during your round were "excellent", "good", "fair", "poor", and "bad".

You also get other neat things like your pace-of-play for each hole and how long your round took.

The other neat thing you can do is mark the location of the pin by standing next to it and saying "Hey Siri, Set Flag" (if you have an iPhone). This saves on editing the round afterwards.

Let's see since October 1st.
CEO promises to look into it the morning of 10/2.
I didn't hear anything back sent 2 more emails finally one replied to on 10/7 by someone in marketing to let me know it should have shipped on 10/4. Was told they would confirm and follow up. Nothing since and I've sent 2 more emails.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The latest and greatest. Was told on 10/7 it shipped on 10/4.
Was told on 10/11 he was looking into confirming it shipped on the 4th.

No replies to the 2 emails since...and no shipment received.

Noticed some minor issues with mine, but it resolved itself it seems. Played Sunday, I just booted the app, connected my device, and just tagged my shots (didn't use the app), but then when I got home and downloaded the round to my phone it didn't appear for a while.

Then did my usual edit and upload

Lost a couple tags tho. Thankfully my set was from Costco and they have an extra set, but quick ?, If I buy a another spare set will it automatically connect to my unit?

You get more detailed stats on approach and chip shots, you get a "Facet Handicap" which is kind of cool to look at... i.e. Your Driving, Approach, Chipping, Sand, and Putting handicaps. This is different than just the Strokes Gained metric. You also get a color-coded breakdown on your the scorecard screen showing which shots during your round were "excellent", "good", "fair", "poor", and "bad".

You also get other neat things like your pace-of-play for each hole and how long your round took.

The other neat thing you can do is mark the location of the pin by standing next to it and saying "Hey Siri, Set Flag" (if you have an iPhone). This saves on editing the round afterwards.
That's cool...love those stats. I should give it a try but I prefer not having my phone with me. That's the main reason I went with GG in the first place but Arccos sounds really polished.

Noticed some minor issues with mine, but it resolved itself it seems. Played Sunday, I just booted the app, connected my device, and just tagged my shots (didn't use the app), but then when I got home and downloaded the round to my phone it didn't appear for a while.

Then did my usual edit and upload

Lost a couple tags tho. Thankfully my set was from Costco and they have an extra set, but quick ?, If I buy a another spare set will it automatically connect to my unit?
Yeah. I'm on my 2nd set of tags...they should just work with the old device. I broke my 6i tag - hoping to find a used set of tags on the Bay somewhere.

That's cool...love those stats. I should give it a try but I prefer not having my phone with me. That's the main reason I went with GG in the first place but Arccos sounds really polished.
I thought I would hate having my iphone in my pocket, but it turns out, I hardly noticed it. Still... as soon as the "Arccos link" comes out (basically a belt clip that uses bluetooth so you don't need the phone in your pocket) I will get it.

Googling "Arccos link" now. I will be 2nd in line.

That will be it for me on GG then if this thing pans out.

Geez...too late. Just bought a set of 14 tags off ebay. :) Time to switch!!!

Guess I’ve been lucky I’ve had no issues really with game golf as of late. Using the live version it’s seized up a couple times on the course but it’s usually at this one course that has one hole they has a split tee box. Meaning one round it’s in the normal location. The next round they have it about 100 yds to the side and it doesn’t seem to know what to do with that. Eventually it gets on with it but it takes a while.

Uploaded another round this weekend. Again, no issues to report (live version, device only, no phone). Only issues have been logging in trying to see my past rounds not being able to load or log in.

I still think it's a great product when it works and has served me well. Got a buddy just learning the game...Can't in good conscience sell it to him but I might give it to him if Arccos works out.

Man, reading through all the GG issues in here brutal, really feel for you guys

Man, reading through all the GG issues in here brutal, really feel for you guys

heh especially knowing I turned down the set of Arccos grips that came with my F9’s this year because I didn’t want to switch systems. Regretting that a bit now—-

I sent an email months ago to Game Golf about the belt clip breaking on my classic unit. Got an immediate response saying they would send a replacement back panel out (as it was a known issue). Email also had a video on how to change it.

Nothing showed up in the mail. Sent another email request plus left a voicemail. Nothing.

Fast forward a few months to last week, an envelope shows up with a new back piece to swap out fixing the belt clip.

I've been trying to reach GG customer service for several weeks. As far as I can tell, they are officially dead. At least they've kept their servers up. Now, if I could only figure out a way to export my 200+ rounds of golf.

I haven't been able to log in to the app the last 2 days. Same credentials work fine in a desktop web browser. :confused2:

Ok so I’ll ask, what is it?

I haven't been able to log in to the app the last 2 days. Same credentials work fine in a desktop web browser. :confused2:
I was able to log in again on the app tonight. Seems to be back to 'normal', for now.

@mikedean441 did your unit ever show up?

Nope I got some tags they sent me but not the actual unit. Kinda forgot about it with winter maybe I'll start the talks up again with the CEO

Interesting why they failed yet others succeeded.

Back