Is This The Worst Golf YouTube Trope?

More golf ball killers!:rolleyes:

Most unbelievable video title. I want something I can actually relate to.

“I played like **** when I used THIS ONE TIP”

“I hit THIS DRIVER out of bounds ALL DAY!”

If we're on the general topic of youtube golf, I can't stand the guys who post "shot for shot" rounds or holes, and its plain as day the shots are not going where they say they are. They end up shooting 74 or something outrageous, but you know damn well from their video that they're not shooting that low.

“Do this one thing to gain 20 yards” is the worst for me. Just absolute clickbait

I don’t have a problem with the “is this the new ProV1” vids. Balls are consumables and I don’t think it’s a bad thing to look for value on something that you’re going to lose.

It’s the “make this one move” or the “this is the REAL secret to the golf swing” vids that drive me nuts.

Funny how my interest in Youtube golf influencers has dwindled. Not much Rick Shiels any more. Still follow Crossfield, Golf Mates, SAS golf, and Sophie Walker (HowDidiDo). With the attention span of a gnat, I can’t watch anything over 5 minutes. Now if there was a 25+ handicapper influencer that reviewed best golf tips and best equipment for golfers that suck, then I would be highly interested.

Funny how my interest in Youtube golf influencers has dwindled. Not much Rick Shiels any more. Still follow Crossfield, Golf Mates, SAS golf, and Sophie Walker (HowDidiDo). With the attention span of a gnat, I can’t watch anything over 5 minutes. Now if there was a 25+ handicapper influencer that reviewed best golf tips and best equipment for golfers that suck, then I would be highly interested.

That's where I've been for a while. I don't watch the "big" channels anymore, I'm more into the typical people shooting golf vlogs where they take a 7 on a par 3 and show the whole disastrous mess. Makes me feel a lot better about the state of my game :LOL:

click bait titles and graphics. despise that crap.

soooo much marketing out there targeted at dim folks.

Thumbnails with the mouth agape pointing at something. I get that everyone is following the Mr Beast model, but ugh.

That's where I've been for a while. I don't watch the "big" channels anymore, I'm more into the typical people shooting golf vlogs where they take a 7 on a par 3 and show the whole disastrous mess. Makes me feel a lot better about the state of my game :LOL:
I'll have to livestream a hole for you sometime then. I can 7 a par 3 any. day. of. the. week!

The ProV was so succesful you kinda have to relate your ball to it LOL.....Seed literally does this on their website . They describe their ball and then they just go "ummm, this one is similar to the ProV1x"

And then i'm like "oh now i understand"

I agree that clickbaity titles on Youtube are the worst.

"New Ball OWNS pro V1 with FACTS and DATA....watch COCKY golfer get LIT UP using OUTDATED tech"

Now that is a Youtube title

If the ProV1 is acknowledged as the #1 ball in golf, the "ultimate" in golf ball performance, then I have no issue with others being compared to what has become the "standard" by which all other balls are to be judged. If there was an obvious leader in any other category of equipment, I would expect every other to be "judged" against it, not just compared among a group or even one-to-one.

@J.B. Cobb III If you were making a Premium ball would you compare it to the 2nd best or 3rd best ball? NO
You compare it to the Champ atleast in terms of what most people consider to be the #1.

@J.B. Cobb III If you were making a Premium ball would you compare it to the 2nd best or 3rd best ball? NO
You compare it to the Champ atleast in terms of what most people consider to be the #1.
My issue is that nothing is gonna "kill" the ProV1. It's the industry standard and outsells its competitors by a wide margin. So, choose another verb or headline jargon. Or, maybe, stop with the click bait type titles.
How about "Mizuno Tour Golf Balls- Should I make the swap from a Prov1?"

A lot of the titles are pretty daft, but as I understand it, you have to come up with these titles to fit in with YouTubes algorithms. When your living is from YouTube videos, I guess you gotta do everything you can to get your video out there and seen. It’s why you’ll see 5 things I hate about ……….. and then the same guy will make another video called 5 things I love……… about the very same thing 🤣

“Do this one thing to gain 20 yards” is the worst for me. Just absolute clickbait
I tried every one of those “add 20 yards to your drive” videos. I can now hit my driver over 600 yards! Also, why is it always some young guy showing seniors how they should be hitting it 300 yards?

Now we have a Scotty Cameron killer! :LOL::cautious:

Kill them all!

I love the videos that say "DO THIS ONE 2 MIN DRILL to hit guaranteed straight shots" or whatever. It's like a miracle cure.

I wish people would post YouTube videos about addressing all of life's problems by just "doing this 1 thing". If only it were that easy.

For someone that calls them the worst, they seem to have made you a viewer :ROFLMAO:

Back