Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

What’s the Epic meter potential on this weekend looking like?
I mean I’ll be there, you’ll be there so it’s at least a solid 9.9 pending the Russian judge

What’s the Epic meter potential on this weekend looking like?
So epic that we’ll need a name change next year, for sure! It really is incredible the reach of people coming to this thing. I absolutely love it!

Saguaro Hole 11 Purple tees 194 yds

The 2 par 3's on the back are no joke. The scorecard lists the par 3 as 194 but it is generally up a little more than that. The whites are showing about a 20yd advantage but they are generally closer to each other. That being said there really is no elevation change from the tee box to the green but it feels as though it is going downhill. The green is pretty big and there are your typical humps and bumps. The large bunker to the right of the green is a better place to be than the desert. You have to really have a wild shot to get off the grass but it happens, trust me it happens. Aim for the middle of the green because things are about to get interesting for holes 12-18!

1709908282161.png

1709908194386.png

Unfortunately, I'm going to be out for this. I'm f***ing gutted but it's just not going to work out for me. This sucks.....😪
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@Jank @echico

So last season you witnessed my winter rust firsthand at Ballyhack during the Budget. Realistically, based on what you saw, do I need to bring more than three dozen balls with me? Keep in mind I am playing the 3 days prior to this bad boy kicking off.

It's okay, you can't hurt my feelings at this point by being honest LOL

@Jank @echico

So last season you witnessed my winter rust firsthand at Ballyhack during the Budget. Realistically, based on what you saw, do I need to bring more than three dozen balls with me? Keep in mind I am playing the 3 days prior to this bad boy kicking off.

There are plenty of stores on the way to Wekopa if you need more.

I'm always jealous of places that have dormant grass. It looks so cool.

There are plenty of stores on the way to Wekopa if you need more.
That implies I will bring enough for the prequel to WeKoPa :ROFLMAO:

@Jank @echico

If you run out, then my balls are your balls, my friend.

Saguaro Hole 12 Purple tees 461 yds

This stretch from hole 12-18 will let determine how you shoot for the day. There are some holes you can score on (13, 14, 16, 17) and some holes you have to hold on (12, 15, 18). This hole is one of those holes that if you just look at the scorecard you think we should be playing up to the white tees. It is a long 461 yds from the purple and the whites it says 423. It is a long par 4 no matter what but it is a hole that you can grip and rip it if you are confident in your driver that day. You have to give yourself a chance with the tee shot as you will have a long approach anyway you slice it, pun not intended. You have to aim to the right of the bunker that is on the left side of the fairway. That is not a bunker you want any part of as it makes for a long approach shot in. This is a pretty generous fairway but it is not endless. Also you are playing back uphill so if there was ever a tee shot to give it some extra this is the hole to do it. On the approach you have a really large bunker to deal with that is in front of the green. You can go left of right of it to get onto the green or leave yourself a chip. The green is slightly elevated from the chipping area and is rather large. Not really a lot of visual undulations on the green but there are breaks there. This is a hole you can swing out of your shoes on but you have to keep it in play.

1709988299989.png

1709986993197.png

Just financial? We can work around that!
Still holding out some hope, brother. I've got until the 15th to let We Ko Pa know. I'll be burning the midnight oil finding a work around. Stay tuned. (y)

O.K. guys, I'm going to need you to keep a secret:

My wife is locked in the closet until late April-ish. Don't worry, it's a big closet and she's got plenty of Ramen, water, and a hot plate. I've done my best to sound proof the room so that the droning of her screams are......tolerable. Long story short....................

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

I ain't f***ing leaving!!!

Honestly, my wife is an absolute rock star. We're in the midst of doing some work on our house for an insurance claim. The insurance company gave us a bit of the shaft and there was no way that we were going to get the work done for the check that they cut even though our contractor has been back and forth with them over supplementals. Long story short, my wife took it upon herself to scour the planet to save us some money on materials and played some hardball with our contractors (pitting one against the other) to shave here and shave there. Why? She wants me to go. She saw how bummed I was that I couldn't make it. She went full "he didn't order the baked potato" mode. She let me know about 15 minutes ago that I'm good to go "Happy Birthday". :love:

I'm going. I'll call on Monday and confirm with We Ko Pa.

@checkered your spoon partner is back in. When I call on Monday I'll let them know to pair us together. (y)

My wife is locked in the closet until late April-ish. Don't worry, it's a big closet and she's got plenty of Ramen, water, and a hot plate. I've done my best to sound proof the room so that the droning of her screams are......tolerable. Long story short....................

Honestly, my wife is an absolute rock star. We're in the midst of doing some work on our house for an insurance claim. The insurance company gave us a bit of the shaft and there was no way that we were going to get the work done for the check that they cut even though our contractor has been back and forth with them over supplementals. Long story short, my wife took it upon herself to scour the planet to save us some money on materials and played some hardball with our contractors (pitting one against the other) to shave here and shave there. Why? She wants me to go. She saw how bummed I was that I couldn't make it. She went full "he didn't order the baked potato" mode. She let me know about 15 minutes ago that I'm good to go "Happy Birthday". :love:

@checkered your spoon partner is back in. When I call on Monday I'll let them know to pair us together. (y)
I'll bring a bottle of crown peach for you then

Yesss! So stoked for you!

You definitely have a hell of a lady my friend can’t wait to see you and everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Black Wow GIF by ABC Network

Saguaro Hole 13 Purple tees 457 yds

This hole, the bastards got me. You see that bunker out there around the 200 yd white balloon. Forget about it. It means nothing. If you fixate on that bunker you are playing this hole all wrong. Look at the Luke Kwon line. I am not saying go that far left but if you aim anywhere near that bunker you made this hole a lot longer than it needs to be. Also the scorecard has the Purples at 457 and the whites at 40 yds in front of that. The tee box in front of the one they are hitting is generally purple and the one right next to it is white, they are not that far apart and the purples generally play around 420ish. Ok so back to the tee shot, if you cut off a lot of this corner you will be treated to a very manageable shot in. The tee shot is also a little downhill so you have that going for you as well. I used to aim just left of the bunker for years until I "messed up" and took a similar line and saw the difference in playing this hole. This green is pretty big and the front bunker is a magnet for approaches that are not hit with conviction. Going long is not a good idea. If you are headed left of the green I would yell "Fore" as the next tee box is right there. The big green has some ridges to it so being around the pin is important as I have seen a ton of 3 putts here. Don't worry the next tee box has a bathroom for you to wipe your tears away.

1710184692053.png

1710184438865.png

All payed up at we Ko Pa can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just confirmed with James at We Ko Pa that I'm officially on the list. LFG!

Just confirmed with James at We Ko Pa that I'm officially on the list. LFG!

Can't tell you how happy this makes me!!! Pumped you were able to swing it!

Just received an update from WeeKoPa

We have 21 reservations for golf and room and 3 golf reservations only. Please make sure you call James at 480-789-5307 if you have not done so yet. Everyone needs to even if sharing a room. We have 32 spots available. 3/15 is the deadline.

Back