Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Is anyone getting in on the 18th? I am thinking about what I should do that day, either golf or head tot he botanical garden or something. Maybe even stop by a Bikini Beans Coffee :LOL: . Not sure yet.

Hole 16 Purple Tees 315 yds

Ok after the demanding tee shots needed from the last few holes you can relax a little here as the tee shot is not that bad. The card says 315 and it is playing another 15 or so yards uphill. I have driven this green from the white tees that says it plays 290 from. It was the summer and I was really mad after hole 14 and 15. :ROFLMAO: This tee shot you do not want to go anywhere near the right side of the fairway. Those bunkers are awful and the desert is even worse. The approach shot is interesting as once you get to your ball in the fairway there is a good chance that you will not be able to see the surface of the green. This green is pretty elevated from the fairway and generally is hard as a rock. There is a back shelf and a front right bowl. If you are on the wrong level and going towards those pin positions it gets a little dicey. Going long of this green puts you on hole 17 tee box so be sure to yell "Fore" when you skull your shot. It is a short hole and if you have a good approach shot you can score but a very big number can come into play pretty quickly if you mess with the right side of the fairway or have zero short game abilities around this green.

1710971996776.png

1710971632142.png

Is anyone getting in on the 18th? I am thinking about what I should do that day, either golf or head tot he botanical garden or something. Maybe even stop by a Bikini Beans Coffee :LOL: . Not sure yet.
I will get in about 10am on the 18th.i dont have anything specific planned, beyond finding tacos, so am interested in all options.

I will get in about 10am on the 18th.i dont have anything specific planned, beyond finding tacos, so am interested in all options.
Right now I am thinking of ubering to Gold Canyaon and staying there, playing Dinosaur and Sidewinder the 18th and 19th. Its a bit of a spend, but I have always wanted to play there. The closer courses are pricy and don't seem to be that great for the cost.

Otherwise, I may just go to the botanical garden and find tacos after. Problem is that I really don't want to rent a car, so I am trying to figure out a way to uber and have a place for my stuff.

Right now I am thinking of ubering to Gold Canyaon and staying there, playing Dinosaur and Sidewinder the 18th and 19th. Its a bit of a spend, but I have always wanted to play there. The closer courses are pricy and don't seem to be that great for the cost.

Otherwise, I may just go to the botanical garden and find tacos after. Problem is that I really don't want to rent a car, so I am trying to figure out a way to uber and have a place for my stuff.
That is like a $75 one way trip in a Lyft to get out there. I know @Junkyard and @Browndog were thinking of doing 36 on the 18th which you and @checkered probably won't get in on time to do that. I do have that Thursday off so I can go pick you 2 up at the airport and get a round in somewhere and get you to a place to stay on Thursday night. I can't get you from there to a Friday round or Wekopa. I get a rate at McDowell Mountain and Raven which are not destination courses but ok. We could also probably do Papago during the week it may be ok for pace.

Speaking of which we should probably start ironing out details on a Friday round before the debauchery begins.

I am arriving the night of the 17th and leaving the night of the 21st. Staying at We-Ko-Pa for the duration of my visit. @Junkyard and I are playing on the 18th and 19th. Thank you @Junkyard for making the arrangements for golf. Not sure, but there night be room for more golfers both days. Going to be visiting my Mother, Sister, Niece and grand nieces and nephews while out there in the evenings. My brother might fly out too to visit while I’m there.

Looking forward to seeing and playing with as many THPers as possible while there!

Can’t wait to see my Morgan Cup Team Hackers team mate @mtbloco and hoping that @Jtubb17 will be able to join in on the fun.

I have a 12:48 tee time at Grayhawk if you are so inclined. Right now it's just myself as @Browndog is only playing the morning round.

Could you get yourself to Grayhawk for an afternoon round? I'm going to have a rental you could throw your stuff in and get you wherever you need to be afterward.

I'm staying st the Comfort Suites Scottsdale which is right across from Talking Stick if anyone wanted to economize

10000% extra golf! Gotta make the most of the GOLF trip

Not sure when is the next time I'll be in AZ so I'll want to make the most of it by doing top courses in the region. TPC, Troon North,... are on my list.

I am arriving the night of the 17th and leaving the night of the 21st. Staying at We-Ko-Pa for the duration of my visit. @Junkyard and I are playing on the 18th and 19th. Thank you @Junkyard for making the arrangements for golf. Not sure, but there night be room for more golfers both days. Going to be visiting my Mother, Sister, Niece and grand nieces and nephews while out there in the evenings. My brother might fly out too to visit while I’m there.

Looking forward to seeing and playing with as many THPers as possible while there!

Can’t wait to see my Morgan Cup Team Hackers team mate @mtbloco and hoping that @Jtubb17 will be able to join in on the fun.
Team Hackers?! You see this guy @jdtox 😆

You were Team Hackers? Weird could have sworn you were wearing blue :ROFLMAO: Clearly that @Jtubb17 guy has taken over your brain haha

Was wondering if anyone would notice.

I feel bad about the reaction that some had when Jason raised his hand to be a Captain for the Morgan Cup under a different banner.

@Jtubb17 is my friend, team mate and shamble partner and just an all around great guy!

I’m Team Paradise all the way until the end.

Just funning with y’all.

Not sure when is the next time I'll be in AZ so I'll want to make the most of it by doing top courses in the region. TPC, Troon North,... are on my list.
I waffled between Troon and Grayhawk. The rates kept going up at Troon so I booked GH for about $175 less (36 holes) which is about $300 Canadian. I'm keeping an eye on Troon, if the rates dropped a bit I may switch, but looking at the course hole-by-hole I think I'll score worse at Troon.

I'm of the same philosophy - I may never make it back to the region so I'm not setting a budget for this trip.

Could you get yourself to Grayhawk for an afternoon round? I'm going to have a rental you could throw your stuff in and get you wherever you need to be afterward.

I'm staying st the Comfort Suites Scottsdale which is right across from Talking Stick if anyone wanted to economize

You guys playing greyhawk both the 18th and 19th? @jb8396 are planning on playing greyhawk and TPC Stadium on those two days. But we arrive the morning of the 18th. So maybe we can join your group if it works?

Was wondering if anyone would notice.

I feel bad about the reaction that some had when Jason raised his hand to be a Captain for the Morgan Cup under a different banner.

@Jtubb17 is my friend, team mate and shamble partner and just an all around great guy!

I’m Team Paradise all the way until the end.

Just funning with y’all.
I Love You GIF by Taylor Swift

You’re the best @Browndog

I mean, I'm sure I could but not sure exactly how quite yet. what time would the afternoon round be? Will look at things.

Just wanted to pop in to say I was planning to come out but then my agency inquired in Jan about taking a healthcare management program through Spring with Stanford so things got really busy! Hope everyone has an awesome time and I’ll be following along.

So @jb8396 and I will be playing Greyhawk Raptor at 12:48 on the 18th, and TPC Scottsdale Stadium at 12:20 on the 19th. We will be lodging at the luxurious Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas on the night of the 18th.

We figured if we are going to do this, lets make it a trip for the ages. This will, however, cut into my steakhouse money @Wildcat.

I don't know about their personal budgets, so I will let them chime in, but I know @Jank @Nate & myself are up for a Friday round.

I don't know about their personal budgets, so I will let them chime in, but I know @Jank @Nate & myself are up for a Friday round.
I believe there are two spots available in our tee time for Friday still. But the price is aggressive.

I'm down for anywhere Friday, but we'll have 5 TX guys we'll have to account for in total.

I believe there are two spots available in our tee time for Friday still. But the price is aggressive.
I'm sure it is and that will hurt the High Noon budget.

I'm sure it is and that will hurt the High Noon budget.
I changed my flight from Miami to earlier so I can make a quick stop in Nogales to sell a kidney.

I changed my flight from Miami to earlier so I can make a quick stop in Nogales to sell a kidney.
I think Los Mochies is closer.....so I'm told.... :cool: :cool:

Back