JDax’s 2021 Iron Search

Which 2021 Iron Set will Win a spot in my Bag?

• Srixon ZX5

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Cobra RAD Speed OL

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Cobra Forged Tec OL

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Mizuno JPX 921 Forged

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • XXIO X

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Callaway New Apex Line (Assuming there is one)

Votes: 33 18.6%
  • Callaway Apex CF19 (Incumbent)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Ben Hogan PTx Pro

Votes: 11 6.2%

• Total voters
Here are my Previous Iron Sets Played- Cleveland TA7, Callaway X-16, Callaway X-18, Callaway X-24, Callaway X2Hot, Callaway Apex CF16, Callaway Rogue Pro, Callaway Apex CF19, Ben Hogan PTx Pro

Never actually played Srixon, just flirted a lot with them especially the 565s & 585s, but always decided to dance with the date that brung me...

You hit my Srixon irons plenty

I’m leaning on the Srixon ZX5’s with a very close contest with the new Apex line, probably a combo set. Going to be fun follow. Good luck.

I voted incumbent. If they do come out with a new Apex for 21 I’d go that way. Simply awesome iron in the Apex 19 and if they improve on it at all, well wow! I have to believe they wouldn’t release a new Apex if it wasn’t improved.

I think Ben Hogan PTx Pro - full season gets you to Junish.

Then you finish out the year with some Cally goodness

Mizuno 921 HMP gets my vote.... the ball speed, forgiveness, sound generated from 919 HMP is crazy good and I'm sure the 921 will be better and will be my sleeper pick. They will edge out the Apex '21 version just by a hair.....

Mizuno 921 HMP gets my vote.... the ball speed, forgiveness, sound generated from 919 HMP is crazy good and I'm sure the 921 will be better and will be my sleeper pick. They will edge out the Apex '21 version just by a hair.....
Don’t sleep on this scenario...

Those 565s you had were so good....

Agreed. I think you’d dig the Srixon offering for sure, but I’d really be interested in seeing you commit to OL RAD Speed irons.

Agreed. I think you’d dig the Srixon offering for sure, but I’d really be interested in seeing you commit to OL RAD Speed irons.
You know how when you are at a restaurant and someone orders something that you thought about getting but didn’t? When it comes out and it looks so good, that you have instant order envy?

That’s how I felt sometimes about those 565s, then you got those P790s, and I didn’t feel that way anymore... lol

You know how when you are at a restaurant and someone orders something that you thought about getting but didn’t? When it comes out and it looks so good, that you have instant order envy?

That’s how I felt sometimes about those 565s, then you got those P790s, and I didn’t feel that way anymore... lol
There is more to this story that needs to be shared...

@e1iterate goes to Shaft Up and Danny fits him into Recoil Protos. The heads for that Shaft Up were TaylorMade P790s. He gets back from Shaft Up and we hit the range for a session. I hit them and hate them (I don’t say a word). Because @e1iterate keeps saying good things about them, he definitely loved the shafts.

I ask him, what he plans on doing with his old Srixon 565 irons, @e1iterate says, “I don’t know, yet.” It was this moment that I knew he subconsciously hated them too.

Fast forward, Mike starts playing really bad golf for multiple rounds this lasted about 4 to 6 weeks. Then finally, Mike calls before we are due to play one weekend, and asks if I still had my set of Apex CF16s (Rogue Pro was in the bag). I did still have them, he said that he needed to borrow them and put them in his bag for a few rounds. I said, “Why? You just got new P790 at Shaft Up”... Mike says, “Yeah, I pulled the the P790 heads, and I’m having the 565 heads installed on those shafts, they aren’t ready yet, so I need to borrow some irons.” 😃

I think Ben Hogan PTx Pro - full season gets you to Junish.

Then you finish out the year with some Cally goodness
You know know my name is in the hat to possibly Captain Team Hackers, if that happens, this whole experiment ends with one of the Cobra options... That’s a good scenario too...

Srixon Zx5s vs hogan PTX pro will be a great battle I bet the Srixon comes over the top in a very close battle. Those are beautiful and sound like an amazing addition to anyone's bag

There is more to this story that needs to be shared...

@e1iterate goes to Shaft Up and Danny fits him into Recoil Protos. The heads for that Shaft Up were TaylorMade P790s. He gets back from Shaft Up and we hit the range for a session. I hit them and hate them (I don’t say a word). Because @e1iterate keeps saying good things about them, he definitely loved the shafts.

I ask him, what he plans on doing with his old Srixon 565 irons, @e1iterate says, “I don’t know, yet.” It was this moment that I knew he subconsciously hated them too.

Fast forward, Mike starts playing really bad golf for multiple rounds this lasted about 4 to 6 weeks. Then finally, Mike calls before we are due to play one weekend, and asks if I still had my set of Apex CF16s (Rogue Pro was in the bag). I did still have them, he said that he needed to borrow them and put them in his bag for a few rounds. I said, “Why? You just got new P790 at Shaft Up”... Mike says, “Yeah, I pulled the the P790 heads, and I’m having the 565 heads installed on those shafts, they aren’t ready yet, so I need to borrow some irons.” 😃

That was actually right before I moved to Charlotte and don’t forget that one of your shafts broke on me on hole 3 😂. It got fixed though so all is well.

That was actually right before I moved to Charlotte and don’t forget that one of your shafts broke on me on hole 3 😂. It got fixed though so all is well.
Remember those Apex’s had True Temper DG SL S300 shafts, they weren’t ready for the amount of torque you produce, not all of us have a move as violent at top as yours.

I absolutely think I can give the OL a fair shake, the idea holds water. @jlew2144 has the Speedzone OL and loves them.

I think the interesting thing will be is if the OL just flat out beats the other sets, will I get cold feet?
You just want me to send you a set to try?

Those 565s you had were so good....
Oh man that’s what I play now and for the last few years and yes they are.

I had voted srixon and like someone said a few posts ago, maybe you need a little change from Callaway just to see what it’s like. And I’m saying that in a positive way. Try out the srixon and see what all the hub bub is about.
I’m definitely interested in hearing the reviews though on the hogans also. 👊

I’m going to have to vote jpx 921 forged, they look unreal and that’s what I’m starting 2021 with.

Back