Jelly Donut is the Best Donut

What kind of chocolate are we talking?
If it's chocolate, I'm probably good with it. Bars, cake, old fashioned, eclairs, Boston Creme, whatever.

Best one I ever had came from a donut shop across the street from work years ago - a bar with chocolate frosting, filled with dark chocolate morsels and more morsels sprinkled onto the chocolate frosting on top. We'd get them at 5:00 am right when he opened up and they were still warm and gooey from the oven, absolute heaven.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
100% the case here.
So interesting. At 3 different jobs, which were completely different fields, any time I got glazed donuts they were either the lasy ones eaten or ended up thrown away. Maybe bougie people like them?

So interesting. At 3 different jobs, which were completely different fields, any time I got glazed donuts they were either the lasy ones eaten or ended up thrown away. Maybe bougie people like them?
I don't know y'all's case up there but bad donuts can be covered up with toppings.

Someone brings grocery donuts or Krispy Kreme and I'm probably going for toppings.

It’s glazed. It’s not close. It’s a simple test. Buy a dozen. Take them to work and the glazed will be gone first.. though everyone will say they are not the best.

Calling them boring or uninspiring is fine. But they are the favorite
Not sure I agree with this take. Usually people get 3 glazed 3 chocolate and a couple filler nonsense donuts. Those are always what is left. If it was 6/6 I bet it comes out close most times.

I say this as the guy that goes maple.

It’s glazed. It’s not close. It’s a simple test. Buy a dozen. Take them to work and the glazed will be gone first.. though everyone will say they are not the best.

Calling them boring or uninspiring is fine. But they are the favorite
Jelly donuts are glazed

Anyone else immediately think of the movie Strange Brew and Dave Thomas saying "It's a jelly" when seeing this thread title?

Absolutely I did. Not quite the quote, but close enough.

Hard To Resist Strange Brew GIF by Warner Archive

I don't know y'all's case up there but bad donuts can be covered up with toppings.

Someone brings grocery donuts or Krispy Kreme and I'm probably going for toppings.
Helena doesn't even have a donut shop currently, so nothing other than grocery store and gas station. Used to have a really good one but many years ago they turned it into a Starbucks. 🤬

Hour drive to possibly the best donuts I've had though. We will drive down Saturdays to get donuts at least a few times a year, but it's a bit of a trip.

Cinnamon roll id it is truly cinnamony.
Chocolate covered custard filled.

But nothing, I mean nothing beats a Hamtramck Packzi, any flavor. Although I tend towards the lemon or raspberry.
Shrove Tuesday is coming soon. I need to stock up on insulin..........
It was easy to get a genuine packzi when I lived in Hamtramck. Now just parking around there is a bear when the packzis are cooking.

As I said..

image.jpg

Cannot say unless I try all varieties at once. I am up for the challenge. Next THP experience: Donut Sampling?

Cinnamon roll id it is truly cinnamony.
Chocolate covered custard filled.

But nothing, I mean nothing beats a Hamtramck Packzi, any flavor. Although I tend towards the lemon or raspberry.
Shrove Tuesday is coming soon. I need to stock up on insulin..........
It was easy to get a genuine packzi when I lived in Hamtramck. Now just parking around there is a bear when the packzis are cooking.
Packzi are the best, I love the rose hip filling the best

Back