Joaquin Niemann's look-a little too casual?

Local muni look! 😆 And that hat is hideous. But, I feel the trend is towards more casual and comfortable and less towards traditional. DJ was playing in a hoodie this morning.

I guess he is playing golf so it doesn’t really matter. I don’t like the look but if it helps him play better.

I'd even question a spectator wearing that to a tournament.

That's not even trying to fake a collar, it's just a teeshirt.

Back in the day our club would not allow you to wear a mock which is basically a t-shirt. Then Tiger wore one, but he tucked his in.

How dare he!

I’m sure the pearl strands and fainting couches are getting a good workout at the USGA / R&A!

Seems like if this look is fine, why not shorts... 🤷‍♂️

If the tour wants to control what the guys wear they should be clamping down on the companies like Nike, Adidas versus the player getting the grief. The younger guys especially want to wear more casual lookand the companies are marketing to that.

Also, as for Joaquin has done for his infant cousin he could wear gym shorts and a ripped tee shirt. Seems like a class guy and family focusEd.

Too casual. That’s working from attire not “office” attire.

Honestly, I love it.

I’ll bet the old golfers who used to wear dress slacks, wool jackets and ties on the course lament the present state of affairs.

Same with the old football coaches who used to wear suits and dress hats on the sidelines. Tom Landry must be appalled by today’s coaches.

IMO, he looks silly.... however, we’re in the era of pushing boundaries and tossing tradition out the window... so it doesn’t shock me.

You won’t find me wearing that.... I’m a bit more traditional when it comes to this game and not a huge fan of the “anything goes” approach. I get that others are fine with it and guess I’ll just have to live with it...

I’ll bet the old golfers who used to wear dress slacks, wool jackets and ties on the course lament the present state of affairs.

Same with the old football coaches who used to wear suits and dress hats on the sidelines. Tom Landry must be appalled by today’s coaches.
Tom Landry died 21 years ago. He has other things to worry about.

It would help if the pants were the right length. most of our muni courses require collared shirts,some even just to use the range.

If the tour wants to control what the guys wear they should be clamping down on the companies like Nike, Adidas versus the player getting the grief. The younger guys especially want to wear more casual lookand the companies are marketing to that.
Good on Nike and Adidas and the other companies for marketing on younger players. New golfer and young golfers will keep the game alive. The game doesn't survive only marketing to boomers.

That’s in the NFL contracts with the apparel companies. Coaches aren’t allowed to dress like they used to. That’s why I chuckle when I see the guy with the cutoff hoodie sleeves.

Tom Landry died 21 years ago. He has other things to worry about.
Rolling over in his grave because of these modern coaches dressed in athletic wear on the sidelines.

Looks good to me!

Why can’t you wear whatever you want? If Dustin Johnson showed up to a tournament in a tank top and jorts will they turn him away?

That’s in the NFL contracts with the apparel companies. Coaches aren’t allowed to dress like they used to. That’s why I chuckle when I see the guy with the cutoff hoodie sleeves.
I’m a big fan of Belichick’s cutoff hoodies, I like the look.

I’m not a traditionalist on the golf course either. I’m all for more comfortable and athletic attire, within reason.

Back