Kansas City Get-Together October 10th

I am thinking Stone Canyon. Greg Norman design. Pretty tough, but fair, and lots of fun

image46676.jpg

dsc_0159.jpg

How's the rough? We need something with some depth to it imo. I want to see how it's handled by everyone, as best we can see of course.

How's the rough? We need something with some depth to it imo. I want to see how it's handled by everyone, as best we can see of course.

May not be the deepest rough in KC. Problem is some of this stuff is going to start to go dormant. The thickest rough I play is at Swope Park. It is a shorter course in the heart of Kansas City right by the zoo. It hosted multiple PGA tournaments back in the day. It isn't super long, so the defense is their rough. Only plays about 6300 from the tips.

http://www.swopememorialgolfcourse.com/

img_0791.jpg

I'm up for whatever for sure dude, so no worries. I'm willing to bet there's a premium on fairways on the norman track too so that's cool.

Or Creekmoor, but that one very well is probably going to be cost prohibitive.

$75 bucks a round and I am virtually certain they don't do a replay rate, but it is an amazing course. Best in KC by a landslide

Or Creekmoor, but that one very well is probably going to be cost prohibitive.

$75 bucks a round and I am virtually certain they don't do a replay rate, but it is an amazing course. Best in KC by a landslide
Meh, like I said, no biggie, was just a thought. I'll bring a cattle prod or something and that'll be the enticement for hitting fairways lol

Mike, LSMO, etc. Any thoughts on courses with particularly penal rough? Honestly I think Stone Canyon will offer a pretty good challenge for everyone, but I am 100% open to other ideas.

I'm good with it if you are. Just throwing out thoughts while in purgatory, er, the Houston airport.

I'm good with it if you are. Just throwing out thoughts while in purgatory, er, the Houston airport.

So Stone Canyon is more like a links-type course, so maybe it isn't the best choice. Winterstone is where MUTiger is a member. Their rough is pretty thick, and it is not links. Maybe links style isn't the best option for everyone? This is too hard for me lol

16.jpg

So Stone Canyon is more like a links-type course, so maybe it isn't the best choice. Winterstone is where MUTiger is a member. Their rough is pretty thick, and it is not links. Maybe links style isn't the best option for everyone? This is too hard for me lol

16.jpg
In the end, it's golf dude. I'll be able to get a picture from you guys games no matter where we play, and that is definitely my goal.

In the end, it's golf dude. I'll be able to get a picture from you guys games no matter where we play, and that is definitely my goal.

My goal as well, and to provide a course I think everyone will enjoy, and this one fits the bill in my opinion.

Shoal Creek Taylor.. Puts a premium on hitting fairways

I would say Shoal or Winterstone for depper rough. Stone Canyon is one of the tougher courses but the rough isn't too bad. I am in for 36 wherever we end up. I know everyone enjoyed Shoal Creek when the Invitational was here.

Shoal Creek it is. Just need to shore up some tee times. Not sure what they have for a replay rate though

Is this just for you lucky few who are in the Grandaddy?

Absolutely not. For anyone and everyone who wants to join us
Cool, count me in for 18 for sure. I'll have to see how the wife feels about me playing 36. :act-up:

I wish I didn't already have plans next month! Though....If anyone of you want to tee it up at Firekeeper (http://www.firekeepergolf.com/) on Saturday morning Oct. 31st, I might be able to convince my wife to let me take my clubs to my parents house that weekend.

Just a thought... Taylor?

I also sent out PMs to Texasbrons, MUTiger, and MetalStretcher who I know are KC area folks. If anyone knows anyone else from the area please PM them.

I also sent out PMs to Texasbrons, MUTiger, and MetalStretcher who I know are KC area folks. If anyone knows anyone else from the area please PM them.
Smallville?

Put me down as a maybe. Fore-warning. My best score is 115 and 127. I lost 24 balls over those two rounds...

Have to check with the wife. About to buy a new truck, and apparently shoal creek REQUIRES golf shoes w/non metal spikes. I have yet to purchase golf shoes.

Put me down as a maybe. Fore-warning. My best score is 115 and 127. I lost 24 balls over those two rounds...

Have to check with the wife. About to buy a new truck, and apparently shoal creek REQUIRES golf shoes w/non metal spikes. I have yet to purchase golf shoes.

No no just if you wear gold shoes they need to not have metal spikes. You can 100% wear tennis shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for your scores.. No one will care about that! Just as long as you like to have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back