** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

Sounds like a trip to the kbs site is in order.

That distance change should not change your fit. Distance is a nice place to start, but also consider what your tempo is, swing length, attack angle, and preferred weight. Always best to demo in person!

Sorry for the delay here!

Thanks
Conrad

Question for the KBS guys:
Currently playing Mizuno JPX825 irons with Dynalite Gold XP and interested in KBS shafts for them. When I do the online fitting the response I get is for the KBS Tour V stiff which says 6 iron distance of 165-174. My 6 iron distance is more like 160-170 yards. Would the Tour V stiff still be the one to look for or would something in between the reg. and stiff. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Using a metal shim to take up the extra space should be fine! The R11 TP are taper tip, but it sounds like you have the parallel hosels.

Thanks
Conrad

question I guess I should have asked before buying.....anyways, I bought a set of C-Taper stiff 120's for my TM R11 irons....will they fit when I take them to the golf shop to be installed?

Great to hear! It is always a big change coming from clubs you have used for a long time. Thanks for the message.

Conrad

I have always been a rifle shaft player...have flighted 6.5s in my old Lehman 300s. It was time for some new irons, so I went to our local Nevada Bob's. Ended up with the 120g KBS Tours, stiff flex and hard stepped once in a set of Tour Preferred MCs. This combo just flat out performed for me...I averaged 195 with my 7 iron, and was hitting little baby draws, a game I have never been familiar with.

Can't wait to get these back and on the course!!! The shaft to me felt super smooth, easy to load. Swing speed with the 7 was 91mph and I didn't feel like the shafts were overpowered at all. Great product from KBS!!

Exactly! Thanks for the help Johnny mojo.

Conrad

In a word.....yes......for me. However, I do not get ballooning, just higher launch than DGR300.

Jim, thanks for the questions and comments. The CT LITE shaft design produces a higher ball flight and spin rate than the C-TAPER. If you are hitting it lower, then I think there are a few possibilities. First, the different heads could be influencing the shot more than we realize. You are not comparing apples to apples when the heads are different. Second, you might load the shaft different with the lighter weight. This cannot be predicted because every swing is different. Lastly, the Alpha is .370 and the builder may have trimmed the C-TAPER softer in flex. Keep in mind that our parallel C-TAPER shaft is slightly softer in flex than our taper tip version. We show this on our trimming sheet, and most builders are used to this with other shafts.

It sounds like the CT LITE irons are performing better for you, so I suggest working on the scoring irons a little more. Sorry I can't give a definitive answer here, but I hope this helps!

Thanks
Conrad

Thanks for the reply
The CT S are in a set of Alpha VM2 MB irons and the CTL in APEX pros, I had the Alpha's built for me and the fitter recommended the CT S SS after quite a bit of work on a LM and on course testing.
I have been battling shafts after since I decided to buy a new set of Callaways, 1st the APEX and now the APEX pros. I fully admit the APEX problem was mental, I just did not like them so I went ahead and ordered the CTL in the pros, love the head, sets up beautiful and expected to just crush them.

But with the same swing I get real low flight, it still will hold the green most of the time but not what I want to see.

I took my Alpha 7 iron with me today and hit them both side by side off the same lie and the CT was completely different in ball flight and feel much higher launch, softer feel and 10 or so yards longer which I never would have thought. Most likely it is the nut swinging the club, but I would appreciate the feedback. It sucks when I am crushing the BB (for me) and then crapping out with the scoring irons.

Thanks for the question here. The CT 90 is a shaft we make only for Adams and Taylormade now. It will not be coming into the KBS product line for aftermarket anytime soon. It provides slightly higher ball flight and spin than the C-TAPER LITE shaft that we introduced late last year. We just had our first win with the shaft two weeks ago on the Web.com Tour!

Thanks again
Conrad

Hit the sldr irons with the stock kbs tour 90 c taper but I dont see them on the kbs website. Maybe I am looking for the wrong name? Help appreciated because I am tempted to drop them in my burners.

Using a metal shim to take up the extra space should be fine! The R11 TP are taper tip, but it sounds like you have the parallel hosels.

Thanks
Conrad

thanks Conrad!!!! already done. Loving my irons even more now!!! also put c-tapers 120 on my titleist Sm5 46-50-54 wedges!!! total swing pleasure!!! :D

Conrad,
Just to update my last post, I had the CTL's soft stepped and it was the answer (along with some lessons), they are now the perfect fit for me.

Ball flight is just right (a bit higher but not ballooning) and I am seeing some impressive distance gains with drop and stop even with my 5 iron. Love the feel and the with the CTL I have not experienced the (elbow) pain I was having with the C Taper stiff, but then again it could be the lessons paying off with a better swing plane, etc. maybe it was never a shaft problem!!

Great to hear!

Thanks, Conrad

Conrad,
Just to update my last post, I had the CTL's soft stepped and it was the answer (along with some lessons), they are now the perfect fit for me.

Ball flight is just right (a bit higher but not ballooning) and I am seeing some impressive distance gains with drop and stop even with my 5 iron. Love the feel and the with the CTL I have not experienced the (elbow) pain I was having with the C Taper stiff, but then again it could be the lessons paying off with a better swing plane, etc. maybe it was never a shaft problem!!

Conrad,
I've given thought to changing out the the stock TrueTemper Lite 85 shafts that came original in my X-Hot irons but just can't seem to decide which one could be an improvement for me, I like the way my current set is playing other than just not enough distance compared to my prior set that I had the UST Recoil shafts, so I'm trying to decide between the two.

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you could use a lighter steel shaft if you liked the Recoil. I was out on the web.com tour and we fit a player from Recoil into the KBS C-TAPER LITE X flex. I suggest that in a regular or stiff flex, or a TOUR 90 R or S flex. Our TOUR 90 is higher launch and spin. It is always best to demo in person!

Thanks!
Conrad

Conrad,
I've given thought to changing out the the stock TrueTemper Lite 85 shafts that came original in my X-Hot irons but just can't seem to decide which one could be an improvement for me, I like the way my current set is playing other than just not enough distance compared to my prior set that I had the UST Recoil shafts, so I'm trying to decide between the two.

Just had my Mizuno TP-67 blades reshafted and got the KBS C-TAPER S+. Love the look, finish and feel. Those 6 yeras old blades just got re-born.

Conrad, simple one for you (I think). KBS shaft most comparable to a DG SL R300? I'm going to guess CT? Was fitted to the SL but honestly, we never even got to KBS options, so I'm just wondering. The numbers and feel were awesome, but I'd sure like to know if there is a KBS option.

Thanks for the question! The DG SL is a low launch and low spin shaft. Most comparable would be our KBS C-TAPER Stiff flex! You could also try the TOUR-V 120 x flex. The best solution is always to demo in person. Too bad you didn't get to demo the KBS! To find a near fitter, try this link: http://kbsgolfshafts.com/find-fitters

Thanks
Conrad

Conrad, simple one for you (I think). KBS shaft most comparable to a DG SL R300? I'm going to guess CT? Was fitted to the SL but honestly, we never even got to KBS options, so I'm just wondering. The numbers and feel were awesome, but I'd sure like to know if there is a KBS option.

I'm curious what the differences are between the kbs tour 90 and the kbs tour-v 90 that callaway offers. Do they have the same softer flex characteristics? will they flight much differently? I've been having a hard time finding any specific info on the tour-v 90. Thanks!

I'm curious what the differences are between the kbs tour 90 and the kbs tour-v 90 that callaway offers. Do they have the same softer flex characteristics? will they flight much differently? I've been having a hard time finding any specific info on the tour-v 90. Thanks!

I have not heard of the tour-v 90 before, but I would think that the tour-v would be lower launch/spin than the tour 90 while still being lightweight

I just bought 4-pw custom tours in black pearl and 2 custom wedge shafts! cant wait to game these!!! :D

Hey Conrad, if you're still around, got a nninute to talk HiRev v2? About to swap to a new set of wedge heads and debating pulling my HiRevs or going in another direction.

Hey Conrad, if you're still around, got a nninute to talk HiRev v2? About to swap to a new set of wedge heads and debating pulling my HiRevs or going in another direction.

Conrad is no longer with KBS, but hopefully someone else will chime in from the company. I'm curious about all of the new wedge shafts still myself.

Well that explains this thread being way down the page. Thanks.

Conrad,

I have looked through this thread but didn't see anything on the new Tour 105 shafts can you tell me if the new 105's are the same shafts specs as the ones that come stock in the TM RSi 2 irons?

Thanks

Conrad,

I have looked through this thread but didn't see anything on the new Tour 105 shafts can you tell me if the new 105's are the same shafts specs as the ones that come stock in the TM RSi 2 irons?

Thanks

JB and I spent the morning at KBS. The new 105's are pretty much identical to the ones that you see in the RSI 2 irons. Also THP will have a full review on those coming up shortly.

I wonder when the tour 105's will be available in retail.

Back