** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

My apex and MD2's have kbs tour v stiff and I could not be happier. Good boring ball flight and great control

What shaft did you have before? How is the weight of the tour v compared? I am going from s300 to tour v and am expecting a lighter weight.

My apex and MD2's have kbs tour v stiff and I could not be happier. Good boring ball flight and great control

Man the Tour Vs just feel like their a lot heavier than the Tour 90s. I'm trying to find some Tour 90s on the bay to throw in my Apex Pros. Not comfortable gaming them until I get the right shafts in them.

I had Cfs on the pings and they felt lighter but they would balloon on me. The DPC's had project x 6.0 and tour v feel a little lighter (might be a combo of the heads and shafts) but to me I get better feel with the tour v compared to the Px

Man the Tour Vs just feel like their a lot heavier than the Tour 90s. I'm trying to find some Tour 90s on the bay to throw in my Apex Pros. Not comfortable gaming them until I get the right shafts in them.

I have not swung the tour 90 so I can't comment on those.

I had Cfs on the pings and they felt lighter but they would balloon on me. The DPC's had project x 6.0 and tour v feel a little lighter (might be a combo of the heads and shafts) but to me I get better feel with the tour v compared to the Px

Thanks buddy. The tour v is apparently 110g which seems like a good compromise from 130g s300 but not getting the 85g and 95g shafts that tend to balloon.

I hope to find out this week!

Thanks buddy. The tour v is apparently 110g which seems like a good compromise from 130g s300 but not getting the 85g and 95g shafts that tend to balloon.

I hope to find out this week!

That's what I have found in these. Kind of a good middle ground weight for me. I think you will love them

looks like I'm gonna go with some Tour V shafts in my Apex irons. Coming from S300 shafts I'm expecting a little higher trajectory but nothing absurd. Really looking forward to dropping 20 grams per shaft as well, should be easier on my body.

I had the tour-v in my apex pros and i found they launched lower than kbs tours.

I had the tour-v in my apex pros and i found they launched lower than kbs tours.

Agreed. A great lighter shaft with excellent control

I have picked the tour v, tested them in store and loved them. As I hit the ball very high I believe these would be best suited for my game. Nice mid flight and accuracy. Cannot wait to try next week.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

had my irons and wedges all reshafted with C-Taper 120's......oh man they are AWESOME!!!! great feel and look great too!!! :D

I bought a set of 588TT off a work colleague. They have KBS shafts in them but the step profile is a little different to my older KBS shafts. The newer clubs have the steps a little closer together nearer the tip. Does this make any sense? They are both supposedly Tour S.

I bought a set of 588TT off a work colleague. They have KBS shafts in them but the step profile is a little different to my older KBS shafts. The newer clubs have the steps a little closer together nearer the tip. Does this make any sense? They are both supposedly Tour S.

Could be that the TT's are .370 to the set in them are parallel and the others are taper tip?

Could be that the TT's are .370 to the set in them are parallel and the others are taper tip?
Thanks, Could well be the case. I'm no einsten as far as shafts are concerned. Are the 588TT typically parallel tip? I suppose i best just go hit them and see.

Thanks, Could well be the case. I'm no einsten as far as shafts are concerned. Are the 588TT typically parallel tip? I suppose i best just go hit them and see.

They are, they're .370 hosels.

Jman,
You have a lot of experience with the CTL and CT, I have the CTL in stiff in my APEX pros and actually hit them lower than the CT stiff I had SS in a blade head and the CTL feels a lot stiffer to me. Really no feel at all though the ball with a normal 80% swing, would SS stepping the CTL make much difference?
I know feel is a relative thing and if I jump on these I can feel them some but then control goes South. I went to the CTL with the hope of a lighter shaft would give me a bit more speed and be less stress on the old joints. But I am not seeing that so far. Thanks for your thoughts

Jman,
You have a lot of experience with the CTL and CT, I have the CTL in stiff in my APEX pros and actually hit them lower than the CT stiff I had SS in a blade head and the CTL feels a lot stiffer to me. Really no feel at all though the ball with a normal 80% swing, would SS stepping the CTL make much difference?
I know feel is a relative thing and if I jump on these I can feel them some but then control goes South. I went to the CTL with the hope of a lighter shaft would give me a bit more speed and be less stress on the old joints. But I am not seeing that so far. Thanks for your thoughts

Hey Jim!

Thats really interesting dude. Both the CT's and CTL's don't have that "KBS Feel" that the Tour's brought to (and revolutionized) the market, they are built on stability through and through and though in my experience the CTL's are a little more lively than the CT's, they are what they are. Soft stepping could certainly help there, but I think Conrad can hoepfully chime in more on that when he reads this.

The flight thing is really interesting (hitting CT higher than CTL), is this both in the same head? Or what were the CT's in?

Thanks for the reply
The CT S are in a set of Alpha VM2 MB irons and the CTL in APEX pros, I had the Alpha's built for me and the fitter recommended the CT S SS after quite a bit of work on a LM and on course testing.
I have been battling shafts after since I decided to buy a new set of Callaways, 1st the APEX and now the APEX pros. I fully admit the APEX problem was mental, I just did not like them so I went ahead and ordered the CTL in the pros, love the head, sets up beautiful and expected to just crush them.

But with the same swing I get real low flight, it still will hold the green most of the time but not what I want to see.

I took my Alpha 7 iron with me today and hit them both side by side off the same lie and the CT was completely different in ball flight and feel much higher launch, softer feel and 10 or so yards longer which I never would have thought. Most likely it is the nut swinging the club, but I would appreciate the feedback. It sucks when I am crushing the BB (for me) and then crapping out with the scoring irons.

Tour V's in my Apex irons...me likey!

The lighter weight lets me slow down a bit and with a better tempo I am getting similar (if not more due to the Apex?) distance as before. This should definitely be better on my body as time goes by.

Flight was higher than the S300's which I was expecting and wanting. Its nice to see higher ball flight without loss of distance and I was even in a pretty strong head wind tonight and still seeing good distances...so it isn't ballooning on me like the flighted shafts I have tried before tend to do.

I have made myself a note to slow down and work on tempo during my round saturday, I am expecting it to pay dividends and I will report back.

Went ahead and had my KBS cert. local fitter go ahead and soft step the CTL's and adjust them 1 deg. flat the same way he had made my last set. Since I was short one shaft for the 5 iron had him put a Tour stiff SS in my 5 while he waits for the CTL to come in next week. Should be interesting to see how they play tomorrow morning.

Played this morning and found a really nice difference with the Shafts soft stepped and the 1 deg flat adjustment, hit the ball much more consistent with a slightly higher ball flight though the set and some distance gain. The distance gain was most likely do to just hitting the ball better. Shot a 79 with near hole in one on a 140 yd par 3, hit the pin and stopped 6" away with the PW. Great to have confidence over the ball again.

Hit the sldr irons with the stock kbs tour 90 c taper but I dont see them on the kbs website. Maybe I am looking for the wrong name? Help appreciated because I am tempted to drop them in my burners.

Hit the sldr irons with the stock kbs tour 90 c taper but I dont see them on the kbs website. Maybe I am looking for the wrong name? Help appreciated because I am tempted to drop them in my burners.

I think they're just called "Tour 90", no C-Taper in the name. TM might have them named differently if they're a stock option.

I think they're just called "Tour 90", no C-Taper in the name. TM might have them named differently if they're a stock option.

Ok the shaft in big letters said kbs tour 90 but then in fine print they said c taper on another part of the label.

Ok the shaft in big letters said kbs tour 90 but then in fine print they said c taper on another part of the label.

TaylorMade website shows them as Tour 90 C-Taper's also. I don't see much information on them though. TaylorMade did something similar with the R11 irons a couple years ago where they worked with KBS to create a stock shaft outside the normal product offerings (KBS 90 instead of KBS Tour 90s then).

Sorry for not reading the full thread but what do the ctapers bring to the table vs just the reg kbs tour 90.

Back