Review Kinetixx Tuned Putter Shaft Review

SeeMore Golf

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just looking at the opening of this shaft and the size of the attachment on the Toulon Indy CS that just showed up.... I think if you play shorter than standard and tip trim you could bore it out and fit this on it.... If you are playing standard length with the taper I don't think you can make it work.

Thinking about cutting off the tip I have and trying it this afternoon.

Reactions: JB

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
If I were to be making a putting change of some sort, I would give this item a thorough look see. The "0" torque caught my eye, as did the no rubber grip.......grip. Who'd a thought.

Additionally while reading this "very well written" article, my first thought was "just another $300+ golf item", that most golfers would not be inclined to purchase. Then, seeing what I consider a a decent price, my interest peaked a little more.

Sounds promising.
Appreciate the kind words. (y)

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Just looking at the opening of this shaft and the size of the attachment on the Toulon Indy CS that just showed up.... I think if you play shorter than standard and tip trim you could bore it out and fit this on it.... If you are playing standard length with the taper I don't think you can make it work.

Thinking about cutting off the tip I have and trying it this afternoon.
Man, but talking about boring out is going to alter the structural design of the shaft.

Plus, that’s not just going to be below standard, it’ll be way below standard potentially.

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Man, but talking about boring out is going to alter the structural design of the shaft.

Plus, that’s not just going to be below standard, it’ll be way below standard potentially.
It would be well short of standard so pretty limited crew, but is that more damaging to structural design than the probably an 1/8'" or more I had to shave off the outer diameter to get this to fit into the hosel on a different putter?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be well short of standard so pretty limited crew, but is that more damaging to structural design than the probably an 1/8'" or more I had to shave off the outer diameter to get this to fit into the hosel on a different putter?
I’m not sure, but I can ask for you.
Send me a PM with your exact two options and I will get you the answer from the guy that created it.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There is way more material to remove internally to do this though, no? Sure seems like it to me. Perhaps a pic of the putter head and hosel you’re talking about.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Regardless, this exposes my biggest “issue” if you will with the shaft design, it’s limited in terms of both length and styles. But the style aspect is the same for all graphite putter shafts, they’re pretty limited to in hosel applications and not over hosel.

PowerCobra98

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Yuck. Don't like that whole grip situation...or lack thereof actually. BTG Stability shafts are plenty fine by me.

billyh

If you can't laugh at yourself...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
@JB how long have you had yours and how do you think it would hold up long term (3 years plus)?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
@JB how long have you had yours and how do you think it would hold up long term (3 years plus)?
I could make the case it would hold up better than anything, because there is no grip to wear out. I dont think durability will be any concern at all.

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There is way more material to remove internally to do this though, no? Sure seems like it to me. Perhaps a pic of the putter head and hosel you’re talking about.
I actually think it is less material removing from the interior diameter than OD but I honestly cannot eyeball that. For reference it is a Toulon Madison and CS Toulon Indy. Cut down to play at 33 or so in the Madison. I like 32” in my odyssey so I could trim a little more off but would start to get a little shorter on the Indy.

Attachments

F

fiona Manonn

I completely like the idea and design of shafts but there is no grip on it.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I completely like the idea and design of shafts but there is no grip on it.
Correctamundo! As mentioned in the review, the butt end is the grip. Takes some getting used to for sure.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I actually think it is less material removing from the interior diameter than OD but I honestly cannot eyeball that. For reference it is a Toulon Madison and CS Toulon Indy. Cut down to play at 33 or so in the Madison. I like 32” in my odyssey so I could trim a little more off but would start to get a little shorter on the Indy.
Yikes. That scares the bajeesus out of me.

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
after playing with other putters for a while I finally got around to trying to instal this in center shaft head.

this is too short for 99.9 % of the golfing public but might be long enough for me.

sound is much better than what it was in the Madison but need to hit it on longer putts.

Attachments

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
after playing with other putters for a while I finally got around to trying to instal this in center shaft head.

this is too short for 99.9 % of the golfing public but might be long enough for me.

sound is much better than what it was in the Madison but need to hit it on longer putts.
Oh snap. Looking forward to more feedback

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in